TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Revocation at some random club in Seabrook. Show tanked because it was barely promoted, but it was a ton of fun anyways. Top-notch performance as expected, and Dave is still one of the best guitarists in New England. I was also regaled with tales from Phil about Dan and a certain item that he bought at a sex shop while they were on the Summer Slaughter Tour, but that's a different matter entirely.

Last concert I was in the audience was due to a random last minute extra ticket some friends had to see Lady Gaga -I wasn't sure it would be my crowd, but her show was very entertaining especially her freaking amazing piano set...

Last concert I was backstage was a big festival over the summer meeting Switchfoot, Audio Adrenaline, Newsboys, Family Force 5, We As Human, Skillet, etc...I was part of the fireworks crew who put up the finale choreographed to Skillet's performance. Man they are sweet especially the beautiful violin player.

Went to see 30 Seconds to Mars (6th or 7th time now) last Thursday in Toronto.

They put on a great show, but I'm getting increasingly annoyed that they are ignoring their older material. They performed no songs from their self titled album (their first CD) and only one song from A Beautiful Lie (their second CD).

I havn't seen a concert since earlier this year when I went to see Break of Reality. Im excited though because I have 4 concerts in a row through the end of October and early November including the Takács Quartet and 2Cellos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from one of the Blink 182 10th anniversary shows for the untitled album. They still sound great live, though their energy on stage has been toned down. Travis Barker still kills it though.

^ Travis Barker is extremely overrated IMO. Danny Carey, Neil Peart, Mike Mangini, Mike Portnoy, Dave Lombardo, among others blow him out of the water. He's a great drummer, but I think he's overrated.

Halestorm and Redlight King are coming to the Ram's Head Club in Baltimore(yuck) next month and I would really like to go, but I wouldn't be able to get in because of my age. I'd be 18 when they come and some clubs let 18-year-olds in, but my mom says you have to be 21 to get into that specific club. I've never been to a concert, and as a music aficionado I think that's sad.

Rivers of Nihil, Abiotic, Exhumed, and Dying Fetus at the Palladium on Halloween. Sound was as retarded as usual (gotta love all-kick mixes, which is 99% of what you find at the Palladium), but everyone did amazing, even Abiotic, whose music is awful (they do have a very good bassist, I'll give 'em that). Other than that, Rivers killed, Exhumed was a rowdy, barely-controlled good time complete with Philthy emptying a zombie mask full of red-dyed booze into the crowd and a final third that consisted of the band getting into mock-glam getups and cracking jokes about "this song is about what covers the groupies at the end of the night", and Fetus delivered a fantastic set full of classics and always seemed to have the right song for the moment. Speaking of Fetus, Trey was particularly excellent, locking right in with his trademark combo of ridiculous speed and monster grooves. Kid's one of the reasons why I decided to start playing drums in the first place, and he never disappoints.

^ Travis Barker is extremely overrated IMO. Danny Carey, Neil Peart, Mike Mangini, Mike Portnoy, Dave Lombardo, among others blow him out of the water. He's a great drummer, but I think he's overrated.

Uhm…of course he doesn't compare to that list. Those are some of the greatest drummers of all time and/or the modern era. Doesn't change the fact Travis Barker still has great "chops."

Barker's good for his genre and has compelled many kids to pick up a kit and a pair of sticks and start bashing away, I'll give him that. I guess that kinda applies to Joey Jordison as well, though Jordison is sloppy as hell and has a serious lack of creativity in spite of his overly large setup. Still, he's at least gotten plenty of kids to try drums, though he never did anything for me (I always was into people like George Kollias, John Longstreth, Pete Sandoval, and David McGraw and wasn't overly impressed by him even when I cared about Slipknot, which was back around when I was thirteen or so).

It's been about a month since the show, but I saw Kishi Bashi, Fancy Colors and Tin Cup Prophette a few weeks ago. Best show I've ever been to. Kishi Bashi is a musical genius, and he and his band know how to put on a damn good show. There was dancing, there was shredding on a violin, there was clapping and singing along, and towards the end, he was able to get a room full of nearly 600 people to be completely silent for two of his most intimate songs. It was incredible. If he's ever playing in your area, I highly recommend going to see him.

• 3 weeks later...

Well...it's been a while since I've posted in this thread and boy have I been busy. Since Nine Inch Nails, I've seen the following concerts:

- Arkona

- Kreator, Overkill, Warbringer

- Death Angel, 3 Inches of Blood, Revocation, Battlecross

- GWAR

- Alestorm

It was a busy month, but it also marks the end of my 2013 concert schedule. Unless something comes up randomly in December, the next show I'll be at will be in February. Sad times.

Here are some photos and such from my last month of concert going:

1426514_10100678669658587_569834830_n.jpg

Arkona!

1452368_10100681883403217_2050302763_n.jpg

Warbringer!

1390528_10100682005219097_741221493_n.jpg

Overkill!

581168_10100682201810127_1223052537_n.jpg

Kreator!

1425539_10100683188956877_1131117568_n.jpg

Revocation!

1459252_10100683241795987_2060288998_n.jpg

Battlecross!

1452045_10100683326960317_1320672776_n.jpg

3 Inches of Blood!

941281_10100683483426757_855500255_n.jpg

Death Angel!

1462984_10100690785762817_1064124061_n.jpg

Band of Orcs! They opened for GWAR. I thought they looked cool.

1425622_10100691042343627_396075673_n.jpg

No pictures of GWAR, but here is the "after" picture from being front row centre. That shirt used to be white.

1459710_10100710613128617_270432964_n.jpg

Alestorm!

I'm a big Yellowcard fan and I was finally able to see them live on the first night of their Ocean Avenue Acoustic Tour in Philly this past september. It was an amazing show and I left with my voice completely gone. They played all the songs of Ocean Avenue acoustically and then came back and played about another 10 song set that was electric.

They are doing a 2nd leg of the tour in January and will be stopping at Starland Ballroom. I already got my tickets and can't wait to see them again. I might be exhausted because I'm at another concert the night before but it will still be amazing.

Next semester's concert schedule is looking pretty good so far. RiFF RAFF and Disclosure in January, Between the Buried and Me and Deafheaven (on the same night!) in March, and tons of other shows to be announced between now and then. I'm gonna have to start saving up now if I want to see them all.

I saw Coheed and Cambria at the House of Blues at Showboat in Atlantic City. It's one of my favorite places to see a concert because it's a small venue so all the seats are good. Plus parking is usually cheap at $5 and even better they had a promotion that month for free parking at Showboat.

Last night I went to see Halestorm with Stars In Stereo and Redlight King as the openers.

Stars In Stereo kicked ass. I had heard of them but never listened to any of their music, but they just tore it up. If the job of the first opener is to get the energy up, they more than succeeded. I'm definitely a fan of them now.

Redlight King was not quite as good as SIS, but they still put on an awesome performance. I've been a fan of them for a while, and they actually managed to get me singing along to their song City Life.

Halestorm just took it to a whole new level! They played with so much energy, it was unbelievable. Arejay is a monster on drums, and was pretty much controlling the crowd from the back of the stage. Halestorm is significantly better live than on their CDs, their performance was f**king amazing.

For my first ever concert, this one will be hard to beat.

Iron Maiden - it was an epic show to see live. I was finally able to see them after years watching vids and enjoying most of their music.

Also, right around this concert, I shot the fireworks for Skillet's performance on the last night of a big festival where they were the headliners. Perfect way to end the festival - I was just a few feet from the beautiful drummer - she was sick and played crazy stuff while her and the drumset went up 30ft in the air, spinning and tilting...Skillet put on a monster show! Holy crap their drummer was eye candy.

Iron Maiden - it was an epic show to see live. I was finally able to see them after years watching vids and enjoying most of their music.

I'm still waiting to see Maiden! They're headlining a decent festival in the UK along with Metallica so I might cave in and go to that!