BeemerBoy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Busy concert weekend for me...

Night 1 of KROQ almost acoustic X-mas (Blink 182 headlined along w/ 311, Social Distortion, Bush and some other bands I didn't bother watching). Great throwback to the 90's lineup. Each band killed it.

Then a few nights later was Watch the Throne w/ Kayne and Jay-Z. I didn't need to hear N*ggas in Paris 9 times.

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend got free tickets to see Dream Theater in October when they came to town (he knows a guy on their road crew) and he asked if I wanted to tag along. For some reason I said yes. They were definitely NOT my cup of tea and wasn't my boyfriend's either.

I'm hoping to maybe see Adam Ant when he comes to Orlando in February, but technically my next concert will be a David Bowie tribute show in a couple weeks to celebrate his 65th birthday. A bunch of local bands will be covering his stuff and one band I'm friends with is reforming for the show and will be performing the "Ziggy Stardust" album in its entirety! That should be awesome as they did a kick-ass cover of "side 2" of The Beatles "Abby Road" album almost 10 years ago.

I saw Streetlight Manifesto, and Reel Big Fish last night, with Rodeo Ruby Love and Lionize at the Pomona Fox Theater. Reel Big Fish was alright, but Streetlight Manifesto was awesome! They sounded so ridiculously good live, I absolutely love Streetlight!

I LOVE both bands and think both put on AMAZING live shows, but in my opinion Streetlight Manifesto IS the best band to see live! I have seen them 3 times and want to see them on pretty much every tour near hear, but I missed Pomona cause I saw them on tour with RBF in Anaheim! Good you had a good time last night! LONG LIVE SKA!

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Murphy with She Wants Revenge at The Glass House in Pomona (CA). Both are very great live, Peter Murphy belted it out and SWR sounded exactly like their recorded music.

However, I've just discovered this thread and can't help but plug the greatest concert I've ever been to, LA Rising at the LA Coliseum in the summer. (Rage is my favorite band, and I camped out 36 hours to be in the front)

• 4 weeks later...

Lacuna Coil at Ram's Head Live in Baltimore yesterday. Thanks again for the ticket, Dave (and Deena)!

402242_2906448353253_1621872149_2487698_841288257_n.jpg.3627ce48b857e2242e4aabcb5b1b6948.jpg

Lacuna Coil took a day off from Gigantour to headline their own show in Baltimore

425088_2906452273351_1621872149_2487702_990426893_n.jpg.49508f284b033e4c93dddc9868fd6721.jpg

Cristina Scabbia played a quick romantic number while Andrea took a break. If only all singers looked and rocked like she does!

405529_2906455793439_1621872149_2487706_1821063986_n.jpg.0933a4b5965102f9ef637cb0cf2d92e8.jpg

The encore contained their new single "Trip the Darkness"

422684_2906457593484_1621872149_2487708_828244451_n.jpg.8d171b4f2c7b6e55ed51274fb40b14fa.jpg

and ended with "Spellbound" off the Shallow Life LP. They put on a great show, though Within Temptation was still better

^Absolutely! Why there were a bunch of mid-50s people at a concert for a band they never heard of is beyond me. I did enjoy how the one guy kept trying to take pictures with his phone and couldn't tell why they were turning out so terrible. Idiot didn't realize his finger was covering the lens.

They were perfect participants of "Dave Tasers America"

Never gets old seeing people without a clue at a niche concert does it? Last time this chick was asking me what the name of the singer was........keep in mind there was only ONE band playing that night. + the "I <3 U" sign instead of the \\m//

I just got into Angels and Airwaves and i look up the tour schedule to see they just came by here last month

• 3 weeks later...
I went to Gigantour with Megadeth and MotorHead on Thursday. Most insane concert I've ever been too.

I was at the show in Hamilton, ON on February 9. The only band to impress me was Volbeat. Motorhead seemed like they didn't want to be there and Megadeth while technically proficient also had that "don't give a damn" impression. I really don't care about Lacuna Coil...so yeah.

Anyway, the last concert I was at was

in Toronto on February 26. The main reason for me going was
, as I will never miss a show of theirs. However, everyone on the bill that night (the other bands being
and
) all but on fantastic shows. The crowd was very excited and eager to get things going quick and early. When a circle pit opens up on the first song of the first band of the night, you know the crowd is going to be good.