TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Redline Park [RCT2]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow- even for me, wow.

I appreciate everybody's feedback- I think I've tried to make that obvious to the groups at hand, at least from one perspective or another.

Why do I post? Well, in part, I like to show off my style of building, and how I do a park. It's fun for me to try and build a park that's got different challenges, particularly terrain or cash-flow areas. I like to do things from a given set of 'boundaries' that I set on myself to make a challenge out of a situation at hand; this forces me to be as creative as possible to make a park with unique rides, layouts, etc. I like to see just how different I can make something, and keep it within a particular set of boundaries that I setup. It's a challenge, and a good one at that.

As for feedback on my parks: I'll say it again, just because I can: I do appreciate feedback, but don't drop a message or line where it is either: 1.) Too brief; 2.) Unneccesary or trite/contrite; 3.) Is a criticism without merit. I know there are plenty of people who are master building makers, and who specialize in that, good for them! Those posted parks I've seen like that are amazing, and truly take a skill to do them well. It's visually appealing, and it makes for a good view on somebody's abilities. I do enjoy watching them- and I do pick some ideas for rides and such from them.

I, however, don't do that myself overall. i might 'theme up' a platform for a coaster, or I might put a building in to cover something that will fit a ride's general performance, but that's not something I belive in overall. I've been slowly adapting my parks to have covered queues, as well as plaforms of some theming of note, but I'm more into the dynamics of a park operations overall.

Where I ask for comments are particularly on what might be a good addition to a park, or where a ride would work out best in; with RLP:Samoa, and RLP: Guangzhou (you'll see that when I get back from this trip) there is a lot of difficult terrain and lack of land that makes these parks a challenge to fit a ride in the right space/area. I like to see how other people do rides that are different or difficult in spaces provided; a few of the smaller parks I've seen out there look amazing to me, and I take those ideas and then think them through.

So yes, i do appreciate suggestions. Harsh comments, or nasty ones, I do respond to with all speed. I stand up for my parks, and my rides, and their general 'style' as much as I can; simply put: If you do have a comment, please PLEASE PLEASE explain it- and be descriptive!

Thanks for all the support and feedback- I do read every comment!

R.D.

Dateline: RedLine Park, Samoa.

The park's been going through some changes, mostly in the form of new rides and re-builds on other coasters.

First, two new coasters were opened up: The first is RLP's Signature coaster, Ginn E. Pigg's Farm Adventure, the other is a B&M Floorless known as Flying Dutchman.

Other rides have been 'refreshed' such as Typhoon, Hurricane and Posidon's Fury. Posidon got a heavy-duty facelift, as new trackway curves were added to extend the length of the ride, as well as to pace the ride out better (Less time spent on the block brakes at the end of the ride). In addition, I've been considering Python, and renovations on that ride are set to take place in the not too distant future as well; partly to increase capacity, and partly to slow the ride down a bit.

Enjoy- as RLP: Guanzhou is now ready to begin construction- hopefully we'll get the building permits by next week, and can break ground soon after!

Enjoy,

R.D.

SCR70.BMP

Well, more land reclamation was done to add one of the signature rides for RPL:Samoa...

SCR71.BMP

Grass is planted, and a 'Rodent' has been sited.

SCR72.BMP

Ginn E. Pigg is completed; this site was challenging due to the lack of overall space, so like the other two, it's a whole new layout.

SCR73.BMP

Theming, the base building, and other elements are added to Ginn E. Pigg's area.

SCR74.BMP

Every Guinea Pig needs a house; this time, it's around a return curve.

SCR75.BMP

An overall view of the completed Ginn E. Pigg.

SCR76.BMP

Yes, just like a Guinea pig, there's always something left behind when they're finished with food.

SCR77.BMP

Another view of Ginn E. Pigg.

SCR78.BMP

Meanwhile, the other 'new' attraction is the Flying Dutchman, based loosely on the opera by Richard Wagner.

SCR79.BMP

A fly-through tunnel out of an Immelman, surrounded by fire. If only i could get Blue fire, though... but that's a different story.

SCR80.BMP

The original FD layout, but I didn't quite like the ending- or the capacity issues it was having...

SCR81.BMP

Meanwhile, Posidon's Fury has been renovated, and additional track has been added to pace the ride a bit better.

SCR82.BMP

A few changes were added to FD, and additional trackway as well as a block brake was added.

SCR83.BMP

RLP: Samoa, as it approaches completion.

About every six months I have to remind someone, or everyone, of this. Forums are a place to share your parks, rides, etc. That does not mean everyone wants to be critiqued or criticized. It's purely for showing off your work.

I'm not trying to fuel the fire at all here in any way, I'd just like to clear something up: I thought that the reason people posted parks on here was to get feedback (which includes criticism and suggestion) from other members. Am I wrong? I feel like it would be silly to post any work of yours anywhere if you didn't want any sort of feedback on it, but maybe that's just me...

mcjaco wrote:

About every six months I have to remind someone, or everyone, of this. Forums are a place to share your parks, rides, etc. That does not mean everyone wants to be critiqued or criticized. It's purely for showing off your work.

I'm not trying to fuel the fire at all here in any way, I'd just like to clear something up: I thought that the reason people posted parks on here was to get feedback (which includes criticism and suggestion) from other members. Am I wrong? I feel like it would be silly to post any work of yours anywhere if you didn't want any sort of feedback on it, but maybe that's just me...

My opinion on it: People tend to try and 'rate' people's works here as an ego trip, I've noticed. Some of the criticisms I've seen are not only harsh, but rather unfounded overall.

I post my parks to show what I do with a park- not necessarily to be 'rated' or criticised over them; I do read every comment on them, and as I've said: I do read each GOOD suggestion carefully- it's how some of the rides you see are changed from earlier parks done; however, some of the comments are more around slamming what's not done a particular person's 'way' of doing things. That's wrong. Just plain wrong. I like to see how other people do their parks- it's very creative in some cases. This doesn't automatically give somebody the right to be nasty or criticize people for not being like them. They're no better or no worse than any other RCT player out there.

Feedback can be good: So long as people read the start of a thread or a series of posts where the owner of that post asks for/doesn't ask for certain types of comments. I think I've been clear in the past that I like what I do; I'm accomplished at it and I think i do it well for the most part. Where I find fault is with people being overly critical without reading what's going on with a particular park/subject/item.

I like when people say 'Gee, you could use an 'xxxxxxxx' type ride or 'if you moved XXXXXX to there, you could open up a park for further expansion' etc. I don't like when people say 'Gee, Your rides lack theming.' or 'Your park doesn't have anything that looks real in it' or 'That's simply ridiculous' or 'You're not a good enough player.' Those comments aren't useful, nor are they welcome in my post, or anybodys for that matter.

If you think something needs work, or should be re-designed, say that. Be precise. Tell me more than just a critical line without explination.

R.D.

Dateline: RedLine park- Guangzhou

After months of political wrangling, and many efforts to expand the chain of RedLine parks, the land was granted, and the park was able to open it's first phase of operations. Due to the land constraints, the park's initial terrtitory is quite small, leading to some interesting development of rides and early attractions in order to make best use per dollar of the land provided. Expansion at this park, located about 30km west of Guangzhou, is limited only by how much land one wishes to buy, and the Chinese government has put a steep price per block of land on it.

Guangzhou is China's third largest city, and is one of the fastest growing cities in all of the world. Supported by it's mild and temperate climate, Guangzhou's primary consumer good is the production of food such as rice, citrus, and other mild-climate foods. Electronics, and consumer goods form the other side of the economic equation, and make the city/province formerly known as Canton a stable place for living and working.

To open the park, a few small rides were initially added: Tradewind (Enterprise) and Lotus (Spinning flowers) opened the park first, followed by a portable Schwarzkopf Shuttle loop. 2Tone Plunge follows, being added in a temporary location, and the first 'semi-permanent' coaster, the Arrow Semi-mine train known as Blue Streak followed. Once it was completed, the Schwarzkopf Shuttle loop was sent back to RLP:Coventry, and a permanent B&M floorless was added, known as Mao's Revolution.

Guangzhou itself is located in an area which is quite hilly, so flat land for the new park to be built on is in short supply, creating a different level of difficulty beyond the costs of land therein. It will be interesting to develop this park as time progresses, as there are a lot of great terrain challenges and opportunities to be built.

Enjoy,

R.D.

SCR1.BMP

Here's the first plot of land that we're given in Guangzhou to work with. Very small, but with enough creativity, you can use the land wisely- and profitably.

SCR2.BMP

A general overview of the terrain and land layout for the granted area for the park to be built.

SCR3.BMP

In order for the park to start working, a few small rides (Tradwind and Lotus) are added.

SCR4.BMP

Using a portable Schwarzkopf Shuttle loop, the park adds its first coaster: Mao's Revolution.

SCR5.BMP

At the end of year one, this is how the park is shaping up.

SCR6.BMP

As the second year begins, 2Tone plunge, a RLP staple, is set up in it's temporary location.

SCR7.BMP

Construction begins on Blue Streak, an Arrow semi-mine train. Instead of using the typical Mine-train track and structure, I went with a modified hypercoaster, for capacity reasons.

SCR8.BMP

2Tone plunge, open for business!

SCR9.BMP

Good grooming is important to park health. Make sure to mow those lawns regularly.

SCR10.BMP

Blue Streak is coming along quite well; the ride's initial lifts and supports are added, and the ride is filling out the small plot of land completely.

SCR11.BMP

A close-up look at one of the block brakes into the second lift.

SCR12.BMP

Testing the Blue Streak.

SCR13.BMP

On the other side of the park, land is being acquired on the side of the waterfront to allow for a larger capacity B&M floorless to take over Mao's Revolution.

SCR14.BMP

Mao's Revolution is removed, and the 'permanent' Mao is being built on it's site. This site presented NUMEROUS challenges to use the land wisely, and still create a top-ten thrill.

SCR15.BMP

The 'new' Mao's Revolution completed and ready to be opened.

SCR16.BMP

Now open: Mao's Revolution (the second)- a five inversion B&M floorless coaster.

SCR17.BMP

A general overview of the initial phase one development at RLP:Guangzhou. A lot more is still to come... All that lovely hilly terrain, all those low-to-the ground trees. Why is it I get the feeling an Arrow Suspended is in the near future?

Dateline; RLP Guangzhou

After much purchasing of land, the first major park expansion has been completed, and a new coaster has been added to the park's arsenal of thrills.

First, a larger off-shoot of the main plaza has been built, allowing for further expansion of the park, and a future 'nature trail' of sorts will be added near the lake in the middle of the parks' expansion territories. 2Tone Plunge was relocated to it's permanent home, and a few new rides have been added to the site to increase our number of Flat rides. These include SkyTower, Hampster Cage (Round-up) GoalZone (Football ride) Shanghai Surprise (Spinning Cab ride). The new 'cornerstone' coaster addition is the new Falcon Flight suspended coaster from Arrow Dynamics. This free-form suspended uses the terrain behind the new expansion for a swinging and swooping high-speed ride throughout the back woods of the park, and is by all standards, terrifying.

Enjoy. Some new developments will be coming soon to the park!

R.D.

SCR18.BMP

The first construction begins on the new expansion area.

SCR19.BMP

In order to contain the higher-than-expected crowds, the Tidal Wave was shipped back to RPL.

SCR20.BMP

Tidal Wave is up and running!

SCR21.BMP

Trees, something I love to use for shade, are added to part of the landscaping around the Tidal Wave.

SCR22.BMP

The first section of the new expansion area is added, and the Hampster Cage (Round-Up) and the SkyTower are added.

SCR23.BMP

The second phase of the extention is under construction. Terrain leveling here is VERY necessary to avoid unsightly pylons and supports.

SCR24.BMP

New Attractions and scenery are added: The Flying Lotus ride is seen here.

SCR25.BMP

GoalZone (Football Ride) and 2Tone Plunge are moved into their permanent homes.

SCR26.BMP

More scenery and trees are added, and the food/souvenir concessions are added.

SCR27.BMP

Construction begins on Falcons Flight. This was one of the most challenging builds I've done yet; the terrain and costs of land make it one of the most expensive builds yet.

SCR28.BMP

The second lift under construction. I really wanted to use as much of the terrain as possible for the ride's layout.

SCR30.BMP

A look at the second major drop on Falcons Flight. I had to 'edit' the terrain a bit to fit the drop- but it really works, I think.

SCR31.BMP

Falcons Flight completed. The ride took for freakin EVER to complete.

SCR32.BMP

A look at the back half of Falcons Flight.

Dateline: RedLine Park Guangzhou.

After several long months of wrangling, and nearly two years of construction, the largest single day expansion in RLP Guangzhou's history is now open.

WELCOME TO BUNDYLAND.

An agreement with Fox was signed to put the Bundy's in their new home at RedLine parks all around the world. The Guangzhou park was chosen as the Married With Children franchise is quite popular throughout Asia, with many fans all around.

In this update, you will see the construction of the new theme area, as well as the start of the construction on the BundyCoaster, a dueling/racing B&M megacoaster.

The new rides are based loosely on the Characters from the Married: With Children franchise. They are:

1. Kelly's Confusion! A maze that ANY true Blonde would get lost in.

2. Bud's Hand Jive: An S&S Power tower themed around Bud's favorite hobby.

3. Peg's Driving school, the park's Bumper Cars attraction.

4. The Giggly Room: Al's favorite place to go when Peg's in the mood, here it's a set of motion-simulators

5. The Bundymobile: A driving car attraction with Red Dodge's one can drive.

6. Marcy's Mood Swings: A TopSpin with a horror-theme around "Marcy's time of the Month"

and...

7. THE BUNDYCOASTER: A dueling/racing B&M Megacoaster. This ride was originally designed to be a standup/sitdown looping set of coasters, but due to speed problems, I couldn't get the prototypes to race. Instead, a single-track design was chosen, which will feature a moeibus track layout: You board on one side of the platform, and return to the to other side. I've done a few of these in the past, and they are tremendous fun, as well as having one of the highest capacities of any ride I've ever built. Imagine this: Six nine car trains, four seater cars, dispatcing in 22 second intervals... DROOL!

Enjoy this update, and I'll be back with the grand-opening of the BundyCoaster soon.

R.D.

SCR33.BMP

The land acquisition begins, but at this early point, no real decision is made on what will be put here.

SCR34.BMP

More land is acquired. The park is battling a severe overcrowding, which required attention ahead of land acquisition.

SCR35.BMP

At this stage, we had just acquired the rights to Married: With Children, and the early decisions are made for style of paths, and early theming.

SCR36.BMP

The extention to this area is quite big; it actually doubles the amount of land the park will sit on; when it's complete, it will add almost triple the land the park owns.

SCR37.BMP

The initial extention is completed, and the paths have plants and scenery added. The plant colours are selected from the title credits of Married: With Children.

SCR38.BMP

The first two rides are assembled- but not yet painted/completed.

SCR39.BMP

Two more rides (The simulators are considered a 'single' attraction) are added.

SCR40.BMP

As anybody knows, Al's favorite hangout is... THE GIGGLY ROOM!

SCR41.BMP

The final two rides are added to phase I of construction.

SCR42.BMP

Meanwhile, at RLP, we don't take kindly to vandalism or line-jumping. Here, a guest is caught in the act of Line-Jumping. We first detain him.

SCR43.BMP

He is tried, Sentenced, and then we give him his punishment: DEATH TO ALL LINE JUMPERS AND VANDALS.

SCR45.BMP

The 'problem' guest is eliminated. Now if only ALL parks would take on this sort of system, we'd never have any problems with Line Jumpers and Vandals.

SCR46.BMP

BundyLand is complete, and scenery is added. Due to a lack of 'Bundy' scenery, it was a challenge.

SCR47.BMP

An overview of the RLP: Guangzhou park. Compare this to it's genesis a few years back!

SCR48.BMP

Construction begins on the BundyCoaster. Despite the paint job, this is in all actuality a single-track coaster with a Moeibus loop layout. (Think Kennywood's Racer)

SCR49.BMP

The first track is placed on the already purchased/edited land. The rest of the ride will fill in over the next year or so.

Dateline: RedLine Park Guangzhou

After several long 'years' of construction, the parks next major coaster is opened for all to see... and it's a beauty.

BEHOLD! THE BUNDYCOASTER.

Adding twin tracks with a combined length over 8800 feet (Two tracks, each 4400 feet long) and an intensity rating off the chart, this new ride packs a whollop of fun into a small plot of space, making it one of the most thrilling coasters on earth. The BundyCoaster features a terrain-hugging and tunnel filled layout, which makes the riders wonder where they're going... and what they've gotten themselves into.

As you will notice, there is only one track on this coaster- This is a Moeibus tracked racer, akin to the Kennywood Racer. Passengers will board in the station, then exit out on either the red or blue sides, only to return to the other side of the platform. Synching the rides was easy, but making sure they 'raced' was not- and thus presented another challenge beyond the terrain layout of the ride itself.

In other news, RLP group has just closed on land outside of Houston, TX for another park, this time working with a Casino group as well as a brewery to build it's first 'resort complex' of sorts. Details will be released soon, as will the first pictures from the chain's newest enterprise in Phoenix, AZ.

Enjoy the pics, more to come soon!

R.D.

SCR50.BMP

Construciton continues on the BundyCoaster. One of the biggest challenges is the terrain, which makes for a MUCH more interesting effect...

SCR51.BMP

The first high-speed turnaround, and drop into the second set of hills.

SCR52.BMP

The MCBR, and the third run of high-speed hills is built, and tunneling begins to return the track towards the platform.

SCR53.BMP

Testing of the ride produces results BEYOND expectations. This is one of the highest ratings I've ever gotten on a coaster project before-

SCR54.BMP

The overall site of the BundyCoaster makes it the largest single project for RLP Guangzhou.

SCR55.BMP

Testing the trains while they're racing.

SCR58.BMP

Now this is the reason I chose to build a racer: CAPACITY UP THE FREAKIN' WAZOO!

DATELINE: RedLine Park Houston.

We were very lucky to get this project all around. First, this park presents us with it's first challenges in the Hotel/Casino/Conference center nearby, as it provides a source of people to visit the park while staying in the general area of the property. Secondly, we have much higher goals here than before, making rides necessary for all to enjoy.

As construction begins, the Hotel buildings are built first, so a source of money can start rolling in. Once that is completed, we moved onto the construction of the first phase of the park.

The park is laid out with several different areas for you to explore. Starting off at the main entrance, you enter Springfield U.S.A., a tribute to small town America, and the great people who built it. Heading off from the spokes, BundyLand is to your right, Ginn E. Pigg's World in front of you. To the left is Amazon Adventure, to the center right is Knightsbridge. In the far Right corner you'll find Gila Bend, our western Town, and to the far left, StarPort 75, an out-of-this-world theme area.

A circular railway will eventually link the four quadrants of the park, as will a Casino-Park monorail to make it easier for guests to negotiate the park easily.

Let's start off with Springfield, U.S.A. as our starting point in Phase I construction.

The first rides are pretty much the same to a degree as in other RedLine Parks. Dizzy Daisies (Spinning flowers ride), Apple Turnover (Enterprise), and lightningLooper (Schwarzkopf Shuttle Looper) form the year one rides. In Year 2, we open up the second spoke to Springfield U.S.A. with the 2Tone Plunge, an Intamin GyroDrop tower. Year three brings us the new Turn Of The Century Corkscrew coaster from the fine folks at Arrow Development- a throwback to a ride I wish I could have ridden.

The next expansion will open up the third spoke of Springfield, U.S.A. as well as Amazon Adventure.

Enjoy- more is coming this week!

R.D.

SCR01.BMP

Here we see the construction of the Hotel towers, the Casino, and the Conference center. This will be the first casino licence in the state of Texas.

SCR02.BMP

The towers are complete, and the rest of the building is taking shape.

SCR03.BMP

The Casino now complete and open, we can now begin work on the RLP:Houston project.

SCR04.BMP

Here's the park's basic layout. It is VERY similar to RLP: Springfield in it's design, but with some key changes overall.

SCR1.BMP

Some trees are planted prior to the park's construction beginning. Due to the different heat and humidity here, trees are a bit more challenging to grow, so we're being very careful about the designs therein.

SCR2.BMP

The first starter rides are added: Apple Turnover (Enterprise wheel), Dizzy Daisies (Spinning flowers ride; temporary location) and the lightningLooper (Schwarzkopf Shuttle coaster) are added.

SCR3.BMP

The site for 2Tone Plunge is selected, and we begin construction on it.

SCR04.BMP

2Tone Plunge is finished, themed and tree'd.

SCR5.BMP

Coverings are added over the entrance and exit queues for lightningLooper. The weather here demands it during the summer storms.

SCR6.BMP

An overall look at phase I construction. As time passes, a few other rides will be added...

SCR7.BMP

And here it goes. I decided to add a coaster that I've got fond thoughts for...

SCR8.BMP

Hmmmm... Can anybody guess what I'm thinking here?

SCR9.BMP

Why, if it isn't the long-gone (but HARDLY forgotten) Turn of the Century.

SCR10.BMP

Cresting the lift hill, guests are in for an air-time filled romp over the first two hills.

SCR11.BMP

And then they get screwed in the end. I really DO wish they'd bring back this design- those airtime hills looked great.

Dateline: RLP Houston.

The park was a success, and some re-design of paths and routes helped to make our guests happier. AN underground tunnel was added from the Casino to the Main gate, allowing for easier access to the front of the park's rides.

Phase II construction has begun, and the rides are starting to fill in. First, Amazon Adventure has been started, with three flats and a Flintstone's themed ride added for the kids. Shops were filled in, and the rest of Springfield U.S.A. was completed, adding the Springfield Parkway (Olde Tyme Cars) and SkyTower to the park's ride arsenal.

On the other end of the park, a new high-capacity ride was added: Shoot the Chutes! This ride fit nicely into the plot of ground available, fit the theme (Older style parks) and had the best factor of all: HIGH capacity. Building up with rides like this helped in one other way: This end of the park suffered from people transiting from the Casino building to the other parts of the park without really stopping to shop or ride things, and with the addition of this e-ticket ride, attractions like 2Tone Plunge are now getting the traffic they need to be profitable.

On the other side of the park, BundyLand has begun construction. Here, like in RLP:Guangzhou, the Bundy's shall be celebrated with themed attractions based upon the Married: With Children franchise. The cornerstone ride, the BundyCoaster, opened before the theme area was completed to allow for more guests to enjoy the park. Now that it's open, construction on the rest of BundyLand as well as Knightsbridge will begin.

The BundyCoaster is similar to it's cousin in Guangzhou, only this one is a bit longer, a bit taller, and just as fun as it's sibling. Additional trackway in the form of helixes came first, as well as additional stucture just for effect. I'm quite pleased with it- this Moeibus racer is ONLY ONE TRACK, but like the Kennywood racer, it's a single coaster overall- you start on the right... end up on the left. I've been toying around with the idea of making a wooden BundyCoaster for the future, but that's still in my head- and not on the ground... YET.

Enjoy the update, and I'll be back with more soon- including Knightsbridge, the rest of BundyLand... and the next major coaster is just around the corner!

R.D.

SCR12.BMP

Construction on the first of three car rides- the Springfield Parkway.

SCR13.BMP

A SkyTower and theming is added.

SCR14.BMP

Meanwhile, in the Amazon Adventure, the second set of rides is started: A Wave swinger first...

SCR15.BMP

An overview of the park with the Amazon Adventure area beginning to fill in.

SCR16.BMP

The rest of Amazon Adventure is finished- and the park is really filling in nicely.

SCR17.BMP

In addition, as a stop-gap measure, I decided the park needed something wet. How about Shoot the Chutes!?

SCR18.BMP

A bit of a splashdown effect- they might be just for decoration, but I like them.

SCR19.BMP

A small tunnel is added over the top. Due to an oversight, waterfalls were not installed as I usually do with this class of ride.

SCR20.BMP

The ride finished, and people are now boarding. This ride really did help add some traffic flow to this corner of the park.

SCR21.BMP

Meanwhile, on the other end of the park, something familiar has started to grow.

SCR22.BMP

The BundyCoaster has filled in, but it required some re-work and tweaking to make it run right- so this is 'technically' the first version...

SCR23.BMP

After some re-work, the ride is themed, structure is added for effect, and the ride begins testing a second time.

SCR24.BMP

An overview of the park again- the next expansions will cover BundyLand, as well as Knightsbridge.

SCR25.BMP

And this, my friends, is why I added the BundyCoaster. Insanely fun. Intense to a degree...

SCR27.BMP

... and capacity out the WAZOO.

SCR28.BMP

And here the Bundyliners are streaking through the third run, headed for the finale.

Dateline: RedLine Park Houston

More expansion has occured- and the park has added two new lands to it's expanding spaces.

First, Bundyland was completed, and several new rides were added: Kelly's Confusion (maze), Bud's Playhouse (Round-up), Peg's Driving School (Bumper Cars), Al's Sunday Drive (Car ride themed to time travel), Marcy's Mood Swings (Spinning swing) and the Giggly Room (Simulator boxes) completed the ride offerings for BundyLand.

In Knightsbridge, the first rides were also added: The Dungeon (Spinning Mace rides), Katapulter (Trebuchet), and Merlin's Motion machine (Tilt-A-Whirl) were added to the product mix.

The largest expansion so far has occured with Ginn E. Pigg's Land, a place where the Celebrated Pig has her own special rides just for the children, and the children in all of us. Here, you can take a spin with Neptune's Fury (Neptune boat ride), See a Guinea-Pig Cirucs (Circus), take a ride on the Carousel (Carousel), Spin with the flowers in Dizzy Daisies (Relocated from the front of the park; Spinning Flowers ride) and Slip Trip (Slide). In addition, Ginn E. Pig herself is here, with another recreation of the Ginn E. Pigg Farm Adventure junior coaster (Wild mouse tamed down).

The next big change will be the addition of the ciruclar railway from the four spoke lands: Amazon Adventure, Springfield U.S.A., Knightsbridge and Ginn E. Pigg's Land. A new coaster is in the works for Amazon Adventure as well as Knightsbridge- but I'm still deciding on which will go first- and what type they are.

Enjoy the latest construction!

R.D.

SCR29.BMP

The new attractions arrive, and are setup for use. This is Al Bundy's Sunday drive: A bizarre time-travel adventure in the old Dodge.

SCR30.BMP

Here's an overview of the first wave of new attractions in both BundyLand and Knightsbridge.

SCR31.BMP

Bud and Kelly get their rides, as does Marcy. The Giggly Room is to the bottom of the pic.

SCR32.BMP

In Knightsbridge, the enclosed building houses THE DUNGEON, and you can see Katapulter and Merlin's machine here.

SCR33.BMP

Meanwhile, Ginn E. Pigg's land has begun construction.

SCR34.BMP

King Neptune gets his due here, too-

SCR35.BMP

Ginn E. Pigg is happy with her new land at RLP: Houston.This is the first time an entire land was dedicated to the world's most famous Guinea Pig!

SCR36.BMP

Meanwhile, speaking of said Pig... construction begins on the RLP trademark ride...

SCR37.BMP

The layout, like the other four, is different from the others; this time I've got more space to work with.

SCR38.BMP

The ride's track system is completed, and structures are added throughout the area to build on the theme.

SCR39.BMP

Ginn E. Pigg fully themed and ready to open.

SCR40.BMP

The RLP Houston project as it approaches it's 15th year. Right now, the next big push is about to happen... Stay Tuned!

Dateline: RedLine Park Houston

A brief update, as only two new rides have been added for the new season.

First, after waffling about for many hours, I decided finally on a new attraction for Amazon Adventure. The fine folks at Intamin A.G. were brought in to develop and build PYTHON. PYTHON stands 100 feet tall, and sports a 4500 foot long track with numerous hills, dips, curves and a few surprises along it's journey. The new attraction opened the way for the construction of the second major attraction, in the form of the RLP Transportation System.

RLP Transportation system is the park's new Monorail attraction. Built over, through, around and under several of the parks' existing rides, the attraction boasts eight four car air-conditioned monorail cars, and four stations at the ends of each of the existing spokes of the park. It's presence around some of the existing rides allows for some great views- such as threading through the BundyCoaster and the Turn of the Century rides.

I look forward to our next several rides: I've been talking with the good people over at B&M about Knightsbridge- and it needs something to really pop on that end of the park, as well as for a few other new attractions still in development. I've also been talking with the folks from Arrow Development about a new ride or two from them as well.. Stay tuned!

R.D.

SCR41.BMP

Finally: The first new full-scale coaster- an Intamin Mega-Lite named Python for the Amazon Adventures area.

SCR43.BMP

Python takes shape QUICKLY- as it's desperatly needed for the park.

SCR44.BMP

An overview of the park prior to a mega-expansion blitz. You can see the RLP Transportation System looping around, over and through existing attractions- adding up to a whole lotta new fun for the park.