TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's EPIC Oktoberfest Trip Report!

robbalvey

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I've missed it, I've not noticed anyone mention the utterly huge and truly excellent Wildwasser Log Flume.

3 drops, one of the backwards, dark ride section, it's a fantastic flume,and far better than most park flumes.

We didn't miss it, and most of us rode it, I just dont think many of us thought it was a big deal. It's fine for a traveling fair, I guess, but it really wasn't THAT noteworthy.

Edited by robbalvey

Dislclaimer- I'm drunk, so this comment may or may not be worthwhile.

All of the liters to ounces conversion math was incorrect.. Though I'm not sure what the correct math was as I'm suprised I'm able to type to type this.

Chris "Was inspired to get black out drunk by this threa" ummm, Connolly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was scratching their head at this one. A liter of beer is just about the same as a 32 oz. tall beer you can get at any Mexican restaurant over here. They were saying that those liters had something like 67 oz., which is more like 2 liters of beer in a one liter glass. Something doesn't add up.

Thank you for sharing this great Trip Report with us. Germany after all is my home country, I am still amazed that this crazy country(and I mean it in a good way) can export more goods than the entire United States. One would think with all the good beer, fairs and festivals nobody would actually have time to work

Quick question, do they still have a Scrambler at the Octoberfest?(been 10+years since I visited). One would think that the best drunk pictures/videos you could get would be right there...

Also, do you guys plan on visiting the fair in Stuttgart which is pretty much the same size as the Octoberfest and not to far from Munich at all(plus probably a couple of more credits)?

Dislclaimer- I'm drunk, so this comment may or may not be worthwhile.

All of the liters to ounces conversion math was incorrect.. Though I'm not sure what the correct math was as I'm suprised I'm able to type to type this.

Chris "Was inspired to get black out drunk by this threa" ummm, Connolly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was scratching their head at this one. A liter of beer is just about the same as a 32 oz. tall beer you can get at any Mexican restaurant over here. They were saying that those liters had something like 67 oz., which is more like 2 liters of beer in a one liter glass. Something doesn't add up.

Remember, Robb takes creative license with his writing. He knows a liter is only about 32 oz and that 4 liters equals close to gallon.

Also, do we really expect people to be able to keep track of exactly how many liters they drank? Joey couldn't even speak or walk last year after Drinking Around the World at Epcot, forget about counting.

Edited by larrygator

All of the liters to ounces conversion math was incorrect..

Remember, Robb takes creative license with his writing. He knows a liter is only about 32 oz and that 4 liters equals close to gallon.

Also, do we really expect people to be able to keep track of exactly how many liters they drank?

Thank you Larry. I originally ignored this but since you brought it up again with the correct answer I just wanted to add that the captions being questions were in no way meant to be translated into actual mathematical formulas but more to translate into "Joey drank a f**k load of beer".

Edited by robbalvey

Oktoberfest is seriously special. Years ago I thought its the Ultimate for rides but its not. Its huge but actually all rides are really expensive and ride programmes rather short. Germany has other fairs which are better for riding but NOWHERE with this atmosphere and Beer tents and almost everybody dressing up in Tracht. Honestly, its almost strange to come here and NOT to dress in style. Fabulous. Had a great time yesterday.

FINALLY got the chance to ride Zierer's "StarShape" High Energy. Its not extreme but extreme fun! We need more like that around. I think it would form a great themepark ride.

Oans, zwoa - g'suffa!

Oktoberfest2010_vorZelt.JPG.052d8f4c1ab08f54bfa62636321fea38.JPG

Also, do we really expect people to be able to keep track of exactly how many liters they drank?

Thank you Larry. I originally ignored this but since you brought it up again with the correct answer I just wanted to add that the captions being questions were in no way meant to be translated into actual mathematical formulas but more to translate into "Joey drank a f**k load of beer".

No problem I got your back, or at least what's left of it after Piers rapes you.

I figured as such, I just take things a bit too literally at times. Either that or I just used my ethnocentric American thinking and assumed that everything was back asswards in Europe.

^ I'm not sure exactly how they feel about the rides, but I should think they like the fair, seeing that the entire population of the city is there everyday. I wouldn't be surprised if there are bigger fairs in terms of sheer number of rides, but I'd be surprised if many had a higher quality of awesome rides. For example, just the coaster collection at the fair are far better than those at many parks, and coasters usually aren't a strong point for a fair.

Quick question, do they still have a Scrambler at the Octoberfest?(been 10+years since I visited). One would think that the best drunk pictures/videos you could get would be right there...

Also, do you guys plan on visiting the fair in Stuttgart which is pretty much the same size as the Octoberfest and not to far from Munich at all(plus probably a couple of more credits)?

I didn't notice a scrambler, but it'd be very easy to overlook. Was there something special about it, aside from the usual pluses of the fair? I don't think anyone plans on visiting the Stuttgart fair.

Anyways, I think my neck has healed from falling while on Toboggan (I did something similar to Joe's first attempt in the video), but now I'm still feeling ill from all the non-flatride spinning this morning. Every day has been pretty crazy.

^^^ No, there is no scrambler on the Oktoberfest.

I don't think we have those in Germany, at least I have never seen one.

We "lokals" really like our fairs but don't go as crazy about them as foreigners do since we can visit different beerfests/fairs all summer long. Most of them are way more enjoyable than Oktoberfest is because they just aren't that crowded, packed with tourists and you never have to wait in line to get into the tents.

Also the rides are not as expensive as in Munich and run longer ride cycles.

Beer is cheaper as well, for example at the Augsburger Plärrer it was 6,60€ compared to the almost 9€ at Oktoberfest.

I didn't notice a scrambler, but it'd be very easy to overlook. Was there something special about it, aside from the usual pluses of the fair

I am an idiot! Once a German, always a German,lol, of course I ment TAUMLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6GXU2KwW0

As I am in Germany right now and after this awsome Tripreport, I had to change plans and will be at the Oktoberfest on Monday! My cousins company is having reservations and vip treatment aka free beer and food at one of the tents, how could I pass on that? Got a place to stay at a youth hostel(oh my), but considering some tents will have gay nights on monday(which one again?), I am not to worried. HA!

Dont think I will do a Tripreport as there is no way I could outshine this Epic Thread, will see what happens though...