TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's EPIC Oktoberfest Trip Report!

robbalvey

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great updates!

I live in Germany but unfortunately I can not visit “die Wiesn” because I have to finish my thesis ... how does it come that you NEVER have enough time at the end of some work for high school or university?! Perhaps there are people out there that manage to finish days ahead of the deadline ... who knows ... but at least I can’t

Sorry, back to topic ... because I am trapped at my desk I am so happy to be able to catch some of the atmosphere of the Oktoberfest by checking these great TPs. And the Piers videos made me laugh so hard Thanks for posting!

Enjoy your stay in Germany!

What is amazing it that all that you saw is totally dismantled and hauled away. A month later it is just a meadow and mud. I don't know where all the rides and tents go, but they are not on that site.

BTW - Pittsburgh now has a branch of the Hofbrauhaus. Not a far ride from Kennywood, but bes that you go to the HBH after K'wood - it's a dry park

So I've watched it once on facebook and once on here now. This video gets my personal vote for THE funniest video on TPR! This is seriously some funny sh*t!

Oh, and I can't forget to mention the adorable Kid-Tums with her little voice in the beginning jumping up and down with excitement. Too cute!

EDIT: I had to add that I'm with Joey! I would have pulled a chair up for my ass and sat there all night!

Edited by STR8FXXXINEDGE

Got a question for you guys. I'm planning on going there maybe next year or the year after but I'd like to know if there's any weight restrictions for that Star Flyer? They had one at my local amusment park this year (PNE/Playland in Vancouver, BC, Canada) and the guy said that nobody over 200 pounds is allowed on it which seems ridiculous considering that they said it's supposed to be an adult thrillride because they had a 48" height minimum for it but other than that I'm hoping to get onto the other rides there.

Also I know that I posted this before but I'd like to know how much I'd be needing to save up for my entire trip to Oktoberfest if I was going to stay there for 4 or 5 days and do nothing but go on the rides and eat some food because I don't actually drink any alcohol to begin with.

^ I really have no idea. Since no one on this trip needs to worry about it and all the signs are in German I doubt we'll find out, sorry. I'm pretty sure if you read the thread someone has already answered your money question.

Edited by robbalvey

^ I really have no idea. Since no one on this trip needs to worry about it and all the signs are in German I doubt we'll find out, sorry. I'm pretty sure if you read the thread someone has already answered your money question.

Ok thanks Robb,

I have read through pretty much every post now and couldn't really find anything about the rides, they were more for hotels and beer prices.

^here's a link to that post.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=942926#p942926

i believe i had quoted part of it earlier for somebody.. but yeah... here you go..

Update:

owh wait.. that was you in a topic you started yourself..

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56836

Edited by Hhappy

That was so awesome! I would've stayed there all night watching all the drunks. Stupid Americans and their sue happy lawyers keep us from getting cool stuff like this.

What's crazy is that we actually used to have this thing over here. It used to show up at the Dade and Broward County Fairs when I was young. And it always had a huge crowd standing around watching, cheering, and laughing at everyone.

Thanks for the video, Robb....it brought back some good memories! Plus, watching Joe and Joey fail miserably was like the icing on the cake.