TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's EPIC Oktoberfest Trip Report!

robbalvey

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for posting these! I miss Piers. This is almost the time of year where we've hung out before.

For the new fan boys/girls...He's always a blast. He's not always drunk. He is FANCY!

Oh yeah - he's also one of Kid Tums' favorite toys.

David

Awsome pictures of an even more awsome 'fest'

I was there for the weekend, the Oktoberfest just rocks.

Nice you guys know the dance of 'das Fliegerlied' it is just one of those 'Oktoberfest basics' you need to know

Well, to be honest that wad our local German friends!

You should be ashamed

Well, for me, I liked Piers a lot since the first time I met him, and still do, though we haven´t met for a long time. It is fun, yes, but also kind of an unsettling sight (like Elissa´s peeling wieners). Like Piers is about to make a fool of himself for everyone to see. The day might come he regrets having this posted. That, or maybe he just doesn´t care and never will. As for me, I´d be ashamed of myself talking to children like that, even if they were my own, and don´t think I never did. It is a good bit sad and pathetic besides all the fun. Just look at Elissa, she looks quite a bit underwhelmed to me. Maybe better think twice before you post more of this stuff ? I too like to have a drink or two (ok, eight) but I´d rather keep the outcome in private, it is just funny for the moment.

Quite frankly, you couldn't be more off based. Despite my best efforts, Elissa has been great in teaching Kristen the difference between right and wrong. So anything Piers says will be sure to go right over her head or filed in the "bad" category.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure Piers is just out to have a good time and doesn't really care what happens along the way.

Pardon me if this has been discussed before, but I'm seeing inconsistencies with Olympia Looping's train configuration. I see older pictures that show 7 car trains, then I see pictures with a 5 car train, then I see recent pictures with 7 car trains again. Do they run different length trains on that ride at the same time???

^i'm not 100% sure but as far as i know they can run a different length if they need to.

So for Oktoberfest they would use 3 trains with maximum length while for the Wurzburg they could run 2 trains with 5 cars.

Hope this helps.

Regarding Piers.. can't wait to hear his reaction when he looks on the board and will see all these updates and videos.

Should be fun