TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Caracal - [NL]

Hi all, this is my first completed No Limits coaster. It's an Intamin launch coaster a little like Maverick with a 65 mph launch, an 145 ft inverted top hat, a zero-G roll, an inclined loop at several thrilling drops, airtime hills, twisty bits and everything else you can ask for. All of it was custom supported as well, which was another first for me. Please take a ride and enjoy the Caracal! Any feedback is welcome.

Caracal.nltrack

Caracala-100917195119000.jpg.138d0fa891ff4227119e28767472ccd8.jpg

The launch track, into the inverted tophat.

Caracala-100917195139001.jpg.624baeb61e98ca1b08fb07957d8cfbf5.jpg

The drop out of the tophat.

Caracala-100917195207002.jpg.2d85827f99626445d6fed8e45dda9949.jpg

Overbank through the tophat.

Caracala-100917195235003.jpg.f28f36794f8bd9f1f5f1799064c5da66.jpg

Zero G roll.

Caracala-100917195259004.jpg.46e3c5ba70a2f92c76f079f6141e4a53.jpg

Inclined loop right before the final brake run.

Caracala-100917195341005.jpg.84c5032ba46ef2e32ce1d4a3d4f8e509.jpg

The overall layout. The track is about 3,900 feet long, with a top speed of 65 mph and a height of 145 feet. I hope you liked it! Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say that I loved the idea of it, but the execution of it wasn't very good. First off, the track work definitely needs a lot of help. The ride had tons of really bad pumps, and the heartlining was pretty bad at some points (although I also suck at making smooth and heartlined rides. High five!). As for the supports, some were fine, but others really didn't look very good. The tophat needs more support both vertically, and needs more beams extending outward to stabilize it. It looks like it'd fall over. But yeah, I have to say that if it didn't have those problems, I'd really love the ride.

I have to say that I loved the idea of it, but the execution of it wasn't very good. First off, the track work definitely needs a lot of help. The ride had tons of really bad pumps, and the heartlining was pretty bad at some points (although I also suck at making smooth and heartlined rides. High five!). As for the supports, some were fine, but others really didn't look very good. The tophat needs more support both vertically, and needs more beams extending outward to stabilize it. It looks like it'd fall over. But yeah, I have to say that if it didn't have those problems, I'd really love the ride.

Thanks for your comments, although what does "bad pumps" mean? Also, do you have any suggestions for improving heartlining? You are probably still better at it than me!

First off, let me thank you very much for posting a NoLimits track. We don't get enough of these.

Now, onto the constructive criticism.

Your trackwork (as stated above) was good and bad. Bad in the sense that there were really a ton of pumps. Bad ones too. Also, the zero-g roll was... Oddly executed. Good in the sense that the g's stayed in check almost the entire ride. The only bad parts were during the inclined loop, there was a spike in laterals, and there were a few high lateral g spikes.

The supports were okay, but you should have used a thicker tube type, those thin tubes didn't look very stable.

Overall it wasn't a bad first track, just a little quirkey in some senses.

Also, I would recommend learning Newton2. I think it would be great for you to learn it nice and early, unlike me and many of our fellow NoLimiters.

^I do that too whenever I hand build. It works much better when you have smaller segments. Just don't forget to replace the node you deleted after smoothing the track.

And let1gre, this was great for a first time track! It had its bad spots, (I don't have time to write an in-depth review right now, but I will once I get home) but it was overall very nice! I *really* liked the layout. It reminded me of iSpeed. (As in, a rocket coaster thats more than a one-trick-pony). The only things about the layout I didn't like were the inverted tophat and the inclined loop, which are out of place on an Intamin.