TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

I'm hoping that if these are a successful they will offer all park with SLC's the option to install these on their coasters.

They look so much like B&M flyer restraints with some bits cut off. Now i'm probably one of a very few people who have problems with B&M Flyer restraints, they don't support my back enough but i'm sure these will help SLC's alot.

Heh, homer, if I remember correctly the problem with T2 wasn't so much the shoulder restraints, it was more of the strap that goes between your legs. Which is an awfully inconvenient location for it considering the ride keeps suddenly stopping and accelerating over and over again.

I'm eager to see how these turn out. They look kind of like the Intamin rocket restraints. But IMO they do need to put some hand grabs on the restraint. Whether it be on the vest or on the bar that comes over your lap.

In a sense yes, but i feel there will be a lot less "neck chopping" action with these. The vest goes to a custom length for each individual rider so that it is snug against the chest, unlike the intamin ones which hover around most peoples necks.

i'm probably one of a very few people who have problems with B&M Flyer restraints, they don't support my back enough

Then flip over and face DOWN. The restraints go across your chest. Sheesh.

...He's complaining about NOT ENOUGH support on the back.

The restraints only support your stomache.

I'm amped about this. I really hope this becomes a world wide craze for major parks with SLCs. I've always claimed that SLCs are actually REALLY good rides if you can keep them smooth. Personally, I'd like to see all looping coasters with restraints like this. It's a comfy restraint that isn't bulky, but is still very effect and pretty much eliminates any head/neck pain resulting for collisions with the restraint itself.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

And the year after I visit Walibi World, at least it's not a good coaster opening a year later like most parks I visit.

I'd be interested to know the background as a to why it is re-opening after so long. Maybe TPR's inside man at Vekoma (Erik) performed a resurrection.

it's nice that they are apparently painting the thing..

But to be honest.. i'll have to wait and see when it will (if) reopen...

I have not been able to find anything official just yet, and as far as i'm aware there is no train onsite..

It looks nice (and promissing) but i''m just going to wait and see..

This is promising news....it's sad to see such a new coaster sit dormit for so long. Let's hope Walibi gets their act together and finds a way to open Turbine now!

Turbine is in Walibi Belgium, this is in Walibi World (in the netherlands)

La Via Volta was closed in 2007, the original train was moved to the Wipeout at Pleasurewood Hills.

and now they are going to re-open the ride with a paint job and new trains.

^I understand all that....but aren't Walibi Belgium and World still owned by the same company? So possibly, if they are finally reopening one shuttle coaster, they might reopen another (better) one?

Yes, both parks are owned by the same company, "Company Des Alpes".

But I don't know if Turbine will ever reopen again, because it was closed of the lack of spare parts.