TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

What exactly is the theme!? I'm slightly confused! Untamed Love?!!?
LOL, agreed. Everyone keeps saying the Theming is amazing...and all I see is grass! Maybe, it's the best grass ever planted...

To me it looks like nature taking back / taking over a land previously occupied by people. Lots of regular old architecture covered in overgrowth. The best example I can think of is how Aska at Nara Dreamland looked after a few years of abandonment, but actually habitable instead of completely abandoned.

I'm actually really into the theming of that area, apart from the obvious Instagram-cringe stuff.

^When you have Fast Lane, they let you pick your seat.

Have a great time!

They also grant requests in the normal line right?

Most of the time, yes. Unless Fast Lane goes for the row you want.

I appreciate the effort they made to retain a few elements of Robin Hood... Other than that, the theming seems a little underwhelming if not disjointed. I don't quite understand why random LOVE signs have been thrown around the coaster including on the most picturesque element of the coaster's structure.

So, we might do a quick five-hour-trip to Walibi Holland this summer, as we've never been there before and we dare to see and conquer our first RMC hybrid. Is the whole park doable in one day? Even if we want to have rerides on Untamed, Goliath and other rides we will like? We will most surely go on a weekday and won't bother to buy Fast Lane if neccessary.

In addition, do you have to be almost aut of the park at closing (as I remember our german parks) or are they closing the lines on park closing, as we experienced in the US?

So, we might do a quick five-hour-trip to Walibi Holland this summer, as we've never been there before and we dare to see and conquer our first RMC hybrid. Is the whole park doable in one day? Even if we want to have rerides on Untamed, Goliath and other rides we will like? We will most surely go on a weekday and won't bother to buy Fast Lane if neccessary.

In addition, do you have to be almost aut of the park at closing (as I remember our german parks) or are they closing the lines on park closing, as we experienced in the US?

It very much depends on the crowds that day. When the crowds are low the park can easly be visited in five hours with a fair amount of rerides. Apart from the coasters the park only has a few other slightly interesting rides. The coasters are a mixed bag, Goliath, Lost Graivty and Untamed are great. Condor is the first ever SLC (need I say more?) and Express and Speed of Sound are your random verkoma's (altough Speed of Sound is the best boomerang according to many). When I was last in Walibi the queue's closed at six, but I'm not sure what their policy usually is. The queue's are rarerly over 20-30 minutes tops though.

• 2 months later...

Looopings is reporting that Condor will be finally receiving new trains... in 2021.

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/12919/Walibi-Holland-blijft-investeren-in-gruwelachtbaan-Condor.html

A few years ago Walibi Holland replaced the front row of each train with the new alternatives, one with Vekoma seats and one with KumbaK seats. We'll see which one the ride ends up getting, but until then, enjoy your headache.

• 7 months later...

Walibi Holland will be re-opening on May 25th. See information here:

https://www.walibi.nl/nl/covid19/maatregelen

https://www.walibi.nl/nl/covid19/faq

This information is not available natively in English, but here are the highlights:

• Several attractions will be running on virtual queues, it is not known which ones will be doing so at this time
  • Advance reservations / day tickets, passholders still have unlimited access but have to reserve a date
  • All attractions will be open except for Skydiver, Tequila Taxis, and NeuroGen (sorry Larry)
  • 1.5 meter social distancing and other typical hygienic procedures
  • Friend groups are discouraged from coming, family groups are okay

Thanks for this. The last point is quite interesting, I guess it's to stop people from different households mixing which would possibly help spread the virus? The only other thing is that I guess family groups are more predictably sized generally? All the other points seem pretty standard, but that one piqued my interest.

Thanks for this. The last point is quite interesting, I guess it's to stop people from different households mixing which would possibly help spread the virus? The only other thing is that I guess family groups are more predictably sized generally? All the other points seem pretty standard, but that one piqued my interest.

You're welcome! I agree with your guesses, I would also suspect that they think families would get upset if they were to be separated on a ride. I'm actually curious about how Disney will handle potential family separations once they re-open over here, I would guess that they would have a similar recommendation to Walibi.

• Several attractions will be running on virtual queues, it is not known which ones will be doing so at this time

Although Walibi did not mention it explicitly yet, they will probably give everyone a Fast Lane Bronze, used as a virtual queuing system, which can be upgraded to Silver and Gold if you want to reduce your waiting time. So all rides in the Fast Lane program will be running on virtual queues, including El Rio Grande which just got included in the program this year.

Friend groups are discouraged from coming, family groups are okay

This is quite strange indeed, taking in mind that the Dutch government has been announcing measures that apply to households and not families, which makes way more sense.

In any way, I am happy Walibi is opening again, although I will wait some time before visiting any theme parks myself, to see how the measures are going to work out in practice, especially because theme parks are opening before everything else in the Netherlands that has been closed except schools, which is a bit strange to me.

This is quite strange indeed, taking in mind that the Dutch government has been announcing measures that apply to households and not families, which makes way more sense.

They do mention that you're supposed to come with your own household, but then they turn it around and say "no composite families". To me, that comes across that a traditional family unit is okay, but several unrelated roommates living in the same house or apartment is not.

They do mention that you're supposed to come with your own household, but then they turn it around and say "no composite families". To me, that comes across that a traditional family unit is okay, but several unrelated roommates living in the same house or apartment is not.

I read it as the people that normally live in the same house are fine, but meeting up with your aunts or cousins from the next town over isn't OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous pics per usual, Andy! I love that these photos show how amusement parks bring such a diverse group of people together for one purpose--to have fun! It's a really special thing.

Great photos.

I will never understand what this park did to their lovely main street and castle.

Reminds me of an urban explorer visit to an abandoned place full of graffiti.