TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Good luck!

Thanks for the support but it seems to me that it is not going to happen. Kind of annoying being so close to some amazing coasters and not for the first time. Still it looks like a great park and maybe as an adult if I hated enough money I might be able to go.

On another note, why did Robb refer to the special coke machines there being unique to Holland?

On another note, why did Robb refer to the special coke machines there being unique to Holland?

Probably because of this sign. Of course, it might mean that this is the only such machine in the Netherlands and there could be others in different countries. It's a bit vague.

Uniek.thumb.jpg.33282efa496021551bd95c969e0683c9.jpg

Probably because of this sign. Of course, it might mean that this is the only such machine in the Netherlands and there could be others in different countries. It's a bit vague.

"Uniek in Nederland" (Unique in the Netherlands) means that these are the only ones in the Netherlands (and so there could be others in other countries).

I'm sorry to hear you might not be able to go, Henry. I hope you will get the chance in the future.

Walibi sure has a few nice coasters with (of course) Goliath and now also Lost Gravity.

I visited the park last monday (august 1st) and I have to say that Lost Gravity really is a great fun coaster, especially on the winged seats.

• 2 months later...

^&^^ As far as I know, the MCBR isn't off, but since halfway this summer it has been turned down quite a bit. The second half now goes considerably quicker than at the start of the season, and although I didn't ride it back then I do think the extra speed is better as it now provides some nice forces, quick transitions and some good airtime.

But of course I can't be sure since I didn't ride it when it was slower.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Goliath II: Millennium Force Boogaloo. I don't know, it seems like sprucing up rides by way of cosmetic changes has become fashionable in recent years. Like others, I preferred the green and purple/plum accents. It looked good without ever feeling like some sort of Joker theme, and felt unique to the ride. So long as it still walks and talks like an Intamin duck, we can't be too upset.

I think my favorite scheme was the green and black. But a color scheme like this would have been really cool:

IMG_3137.JPG.419fde3a17bfb9583d3f12260b98b734.JPG

The green lights on a once purple support gave off a really neat red.

What's up with the blue supports? I though only the track was getting painted.

• 1 month later...

That's quite a nice Millennium Force impression Goliath is doing in that fourth photo. I didn't think I'd like the blue at first, but it's growing on me. And I'll finally get to ride this beast in August!