TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Honestly, this is probably one of the strangest-looking coasters I've ever seen in my life.

I completely agree with this! Some of the elements look pretty bizarre, for instance that super-steep airtime hill after the banked tophat. Or the extremely tight first drop. But I think strange is a pretty good thing in this case, I can't think of anything I've been on that I think rides like this. I'm actually really excited to ride this!

I'm not a massive fan of Gerstlauer (sorry gerstlaueringvar!) so am happy they went for Mack. As for why, if it's a prototype, they probably got it for a good price, plus like coaster1000 says, they would have got a good deal on buying two rides.

Also it's a free market so manufacturers will always try and reinvent the wheel and parks will decide which manufacturer offers the best option for them. This decision would be based on so many things including capacity, reliability, their relationship with the manufacturer, the price, whether they have other rides from the same manufacturer in the park (or chain), how easy it is to maintain etc etc

I think the ride is looking really curious! I love the look of so many of the elements like the first drop, the twisty tongue turn and the airtime hill(s), but it does all look bizarrely disjointed and I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing

Given this is a single car coaster... I'm wondering why they didn't go for Gerstlauer?

They wanted a smooth ride.

Dude Takabisha is one of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden! Gerstlauer has been doing a great job lately and Mack did have some vibration problems on Alpina Blitz and Helix.

Dare Devil Dive at SFOG was EXTREMELY smooth as well, I was suprised by how smooth it was actually

Given this is a single car coaster... I'm wondering why they didn't go for Gerstlauer?

They wanted a smooth ride.

Dude Takabisha is one of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden! Gerstlauer has been doing a great job lately and Mack did have some vibration problems on Alpina Blitz and Helix.

Gerstlauer is generally pretty good but Kärnan had some rattling in the outer section.

Helix was silky smooth when I rode it last year so I guess they fixed that issue?

I have found that Gerstlauer's rides are only as smooth as the car wants it to be. It definitely varies from car to car. Euro-fighters are substantially rougher than the new infinity coasters too. They're making progress, but they need to improve the consistency of the ride experience.

I have found that Gerstlauer's rides are only as smooth as the car wants it to be. It definitely varies from car to car. Euro-fighters are substantially rougher than the new infinity coasters too. They're making progress, but they need to improve the consistency of the ride experience.

I pretty much agree that Gerstlauer can be hit and miss, and as was just mentioned, Kärnan is NOT a smooth ride, but for instance Karacho is very smooth. I definitely think Mack is the right choice for this ride, too.

EDIT: I was wondering... Couldn't this likely be some sort of tilt coaster? http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/e-motion-coaster/c-ec-info/c-ec-info.html

For me, this would make more sense than a spinner, which would be really quite extreme with that layout! Or has it been confirmed already...?

EDIT: I was wondering... Couldn't this likely be some sort of tilt coaster? http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/e-motion-coaster/c-ec-info/c-ec-info.html

For me, this would make more sense than a spinner, which would be really quite extreme with that layout! Or has it been confirmed already...?

After riding Tulireki, hopefully they've figured out how make the ride less bouncy if that's the case.

I will be surprised if this turns out to be a spinner, but having seen the layout (especially what looks like an unbanked 180-degree turn) it's not completely out the question I guess. Definitely one of the most "interesting" rides being built this year, anyway.

Honestly, this is probably one of the strangest-looking coasters I've ever seen in my life.

Indeed. That's what makes it so intriguing. One of the things I find the oddest has to be the unbanked turn leading to the MCBR (given that the rest of the ride doesn't seem to focus a lot on laterals)

Spinning coasters deliberately have turns that are either un-banked, not banked enough or banked too much so that the laterals get the cars spinning. Tornado fans out there, that sort of design is why it spins so much.

They pick up speed now. I actually hope this isn't a spinner but a tilt coaster, more interested in that.

A tilt coaster? What in the world gave you that idea? Are you talking a tilt coaster like Gravity Max or something else that'd maybe make sense?

They pick up speed now. I actually hope this isn't a spinner but a tilt coaster, more interested in that.

A tilt coaster? What in the world gave you that idea? Are you talking a tilt coaster like Gravity Max or something else that'd maybe make sense?

I meant those E-Motion tilt coaster Mack already has, Not the Vekoma flip a track piece 90 degrees tilt coaster. Although I would welcome that too, But I'm aware thats in no way the case here.