TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Im gonna support my spinning coaster theory with this:

[attachment=0]snippet.PNG[/attachment]

As you can see there are small supports for something that could potentially be brakes, such as intamin does them.

However, mack never does brakes in that way

Really, the only explanation i can find, is that there will be those things that even a spinning car to match with the station that spinning coasters usually have.

It also looks like there are already regular brakes there, so that prevents the possibility of them being new kinds of brakes.

No, Mack's lock-back mechanism is built into the car, the car connects to a circuit and spin back to the unloading/loading position itself.

No, Mack's lock-back mechanism is built into the car, the car connects to a circuit and spin back to the unloading/loading position itself.

Hmm...

Well regardless i still find it most likely for this to be a spinner.

(mostly because the layout seems illogical for something that isn't a spinner)

^It is, but it has enough block brakes to stack a few trains (depending on their size) if a train is still in the station. Ideally, the operation will always flow in a way that has a train leaving the station just as another is hitting the final brakes.

Edited by jedimaster1227

These 3 coasters have one thing in common:

The Matterhorn in DL

Oblivion in Alton Towers

Exelerator in Knott's

(To the best of my knowledge...)

They were all The First of Their Kind to be built and opened. Knott's also had the pleasure of having the first corkscrew to debut, too!

I feel like this is one of things. So the layout isn't breathtaking, but spinning the cars on such a larger scale than most spinners is

worth the layout it's going to be on. (And they already tested it on Blue Fire in Europa, right?)

And the Mumbo Jumbo (an El Loco) in Flamingo Land has a tiny station of it's own, with a long long outdoor queue. So a small station

for this one shouldn't be too big of a deal.

So I had to draw in the missing parts:

12523095_1008606692545815_2809048713211952092_n.jpg?oh=e13feef27ac19819ffb53fe6df1d023f&oe=5700F16C

Red: Overbanked turn

Orange: Zero G Roll

Blue: Overbanked turn

Dark red: Twisted airtime hill or (small chance) Corkscrew.

Giving that we have at least 2 inversions in this ride. I have to say I'm Impressed by Walibi, never expected them to build something like this. Like the lay-out and can't wait to ride it.

It looks like a singe car coaster, just look at the switch track.

Hopefully Walibi will work up their game, was there a few summers ago, and (for most of the time) there was nothing to write home 'bout, operation wise that is.

Cause Goliath is still a top 10 coaster