TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

^Do we know when Mack did the spinning car test? The video was released at IAAPA, but for all we know the test could have been done long ago. I'm not saying it was, just mentioning it as a theory.

Yeah, I'm in the camp that the video was shot pretty close to the IAAPA Attractions Expo, otherwise we would have heard about it, right? They made a big deal back when they first stuck virtual reality headsets on Blue Fire, and that was a while ago.

The only way we could've heard about the video if it was made earlier would be if Mack released it. There's no way we could have seen yet alone heard of the video as it was done when the park was closed.

Then I have 2 things:

1: That would make any inverted coaster unsafe, because yes we're locked in but if I stretch my feet (wich I can because no Shin bar) I touch the car in front of me wich is turning individually.

2: There is a cover on these trains on each front end ( and back since it's spinner) wich would make these trains just as safe as Blue Fire Megacoaster trains are.

I'm just not seeing that problem, sorry.

1. You can do that on an invert, but you shouldn't. All inverts I have ever ridden have had sticker telling you not to do that.

2. By watching this photo we can se that the front cover of the car is not acting in the way a shin-bar does. Those restraints come from Mack's family rides, and they are just not suitable for inversions.

b654de8e8ca86b4987ce86a67_large.jpg.bb5dc6821cf553056dcb1c0d228e715f.jpg

^

rcdb.com

On this picture shows that the cover is slightly above knee hight, the spinners and this train have the clearance from that point on, meaning the trains are just as safe. And previous examples (with Shin bar) have completely open fronts, meaning it's safer in all points, inversions where in no way responsible for the shin bars the train design did.

Those restraints are designed to lock you in place, including scenarios like stupid riders trying to use all of his/her strength to push up the restraints to see if it's working. And some people can easily lift/squad hundreds of pounds! Pretty sure Mack already went through the testing and the family coaster restraints can hold you safely during an inversion. Heck I bet even the restraint lock on Roller Skaters can perform enough on extreme coasters!

^

rcdb.com

On this picture shows that the cover is slightly above knee hight, the spinners and this train have the clearance from that point on, meaning the trains are just as safe. And previous examples (with Shin bar) have completely open fronts, meaning it's safer in all points, inversions where in no way responsible for the shin bars the train design did.

You simply don't get it.

Im gonna support my spinning coaster theory with this:

snippet.PNG.2c8ecc8f13fa67801868d77c04270e14.PNG

As you can see there are small supports for something that could potentially be brakes, such as intamin does them.

However, mack never does brakes in that way

Really, the only explanation i can find, is that there will be those things that even a spinning car to match with the station that spinning coasters usually have.

It also looks like there are already regular brakes there, so that prevents the possibility of them being new kinds of brakes.