TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Just to let you know what happens when Dutch Politics are getting involved:

You have one party that is fully agains the selling of this product namely the ChristenUnie (Christian Union) as they find it in unappropriate,shocker, and another parties youth side that is supporting the park. The result: The youth side will defend the park by giving free condoms away at the entrance, they are of the opinion politics shouldn't be bordered by what the park sells and are happy the condoms are so easy to get a hold on.

Source Dutch. It's kind off funny if you ask me.

And I always knew Merlin does weird stuff, so selling condoms didn't get me as much as those wrong puns of theirs. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The park has finally applied for a building permit for their new coaster.

Unfortunately the included drawings are very vague, only showing the ride's location and its maximum height.

area: 99 m x 51 m (325 ft x 167 ft)

height: 32 m (105 ft)

bouwblok240615.jpg.80527531ecaee36ee7b8c8f249e34289.jpg

source: Looopings

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally work on the next Dutch coaster.

Also this might be nice to know, the park post little gifs on Snapchat as teasers for the ride.

Be carefull could trigger a epileptic seizure.

Source both Youtube, NoLimits131152.

Also the park has placed some psychedelic look holes in the fence arround construction.

So this makes me belive that the ride has some psychological aspect to the ride. Also that plane could mean a backwards part/entire ride backwards. Just some wierd stuf from the Snapchat account.

Another teaser:

The woman in the video is the park's manager. She says that next season the park will finally open a new coaster and that she's at the construction site where the ride will be built. But just as she's about to spill some details... stuff happens...

^ The park has it's lips sealed on that. For all we know this could be a spinner like Euro Mir or a copy of Walibi Belgiums ride.

If it's a mega expect something like Storm / Alpina Blitz, I doubt we'll get a launch because Xpress Platform 13 has one and the park doesn't have a normal looping coaster. Despite that fact, A launch isn't of the table till the actual ride is know.

Looking forward to getting back to the park, this coming Saturday.

Got my online ticket, transport info. to get there from Amsterdam, money...

Excited!

D_05WatchingForCastleOpening_WalibiWorld.jpg.1f5685969c90625279417c1df42b4b3b.jpg

One of the attractions I definitely want to go to again, The Castle. (TPR 2008 Europe Tour.)