TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

The trains will be made by .... KUMBAK!, (In the Netherlands notorious for the Vliegende Hollander and the Python trains who where replaced in no-time.) Also this SLC is the prototype so yeah it has some rough edges

This makes me nervous for T2/T3 at Kentucky Kingdom... KumbaK doesn't particularly have a great track record for their new trains extending the lifetime of the rides they run on... The most recent example being Sea Viper at Sea World Gold Coast.

Walibi Holland Bans Selfiestick!!!!

Walibi Holland does selfiesticks captivated . The long telescopic poles , which are used as a tool for making selfies may be used more for security in any attraction.

The prohibition applies not only to the roller coasters , but also for quiet family rides as rocking ship Hudson Bay, Ferris wheel La Grande Roue , turning home Merlin's Magic Castle and antique car ride Le Tour des Jardins . Even in the quiet children's attractions themed area Walibi Playland is the stick now taboo.

Many tourist attractions are to say the least unhappy with the sudden rise of the sticks because they can provide a lot of inconvenience and damage to scenery . Earlier also suggested the Plopsa park group in a ban.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3535/Walibi-Holland-verbiedt-selfiesticks-in-alle-attracties.html

Walibi Holland Bans Selfiestick!!!!

Walibi Holland does selfiesticks captivated . The long telescopic poles , which are used as a tool for making selfies may be used more for security in any attraction.

The prohibition applies not only to the roller coasters , but also for quiet family rides as rocking ship Hudson Bay, Ferris wheel La Grande Roue , turning home Merlin's Magic Castle and antique car ride Le Tour des Jardins . Even in the quiet children's attractions themed area Walibi Playland is the stick now taboo.

Many tourist attractions are to say the least unhappy with the sudden rise of the sticks because they can provide a lot of inconvenience and damage to scenery . Earlier also suggested the Plopsa park group in a ban.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3535/Walibi-Holland-verbiedt-selfiesticks-in-alle-attracties.html

nina_likes_this.gif.95279fcc67d4bc504b933385dfb3342b.gif nina_likes_this.gif.95279fcc67d4bc504b933385dfb3342b.gif

• 2 weeks later...
^Hmm--even if I were in good shape, I'd probably kill myself trying any of those stunts.

I would kill myself, just trying to get on (and stay on) that track, LOL!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

a short you tube video of a five course dinner in the rides of Walibi.

And also some random fact.. Walibi has started this week with selling condoms in their shops.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3940/Bezoekers-Walibi-Holland-gaan-hard-pretpark-verkoopt-speciale-Walibi-condooms.html

Google translate is your best friend:

The Walibi Holland slogan, "Hard going," suddenly takes on a whole different meaning. The amusement park has begun selling special Walibi condoms. In souvenir shops are recently contraceptives between the hugs and sweets.

That reports De Telegraaf. Parents and politicians are shocked. "Condoms are not souvenirs which you offer to hear in such a place," says director Werner van Katwijk of Association of Parents of Value. Jaap Oosterveld, leader of the Christian Union in Dronten, questioned the decision. "The target group of Walibi consists largely of primary school children. This is bizarre and definitely not according to our values."

Walibi think there is certainly a need for the remarkable new products. A survey would show that young visitors are eager to condoms. "It shows that there is certainly demand from our audience, the teenagers," says marketing manager Marc Antonioli.

Other amusement parks Walibi choice will not come quickly. The Efteling example, has no intention to put condoms on the shelves. "If we want to please teenagers, we do prefer a different way," announces a spokeswoman. "By building a new roller coaster for example."

Other amusement parks Walibi choice will not come quickly. The Efteling example, has no intention to put condoms on the shelves. "If we want to please teenagers, we do prefer a different way," announces a spokeswoman. "By building a new roller coaster for example."

So the only erections at Efteling are coasters

I think Alton Towers once did condoms for Oblivion if I remember correctly.

They did indeed sell them around the time Oblivion opened. Thorpe Park sell Colossus and Stealth condoms and Heide Park sell Scream ones. Im sure some other parks sell them too.

LOL, if Gardaland did condoms for Oblivion: The Black Hole.

Even as a teenager myself, this is kind of disturbing. Isn't this promoting sex? And where's parental backlash?

That would be wrong on so many levels.

Didn't seem like the park had a hard time deciding this. I'm not going to lie this is kind off wrong from parks to sell, but if you know your main source of guest will "do it", I mean we can deny all day they don't but who are we fooling, you at least can make sure as park you provide some protection.

Haha! Ok... maybe too much

Yup.

OblivionCondoms.jpg.1bf38c213b3ba4cd1f763dc5d213c970.jpg

Thorpe Park sell Colossus and Stealth condoms

9_Thorpe_Park_condom.jpg.64707631f9e666f4f3502c6a6bdcec17.jpg

Edited by BDG