TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Walibi Belgium also has 4: Werewolf, Calamity Mine Train, Cobra and Vampire. but they used to have 5 !!! before the remoival of Tornado (Corkscrew). At least they had Turbine to compensate. Hopefully the renovation project is still "on track" (2013 is the alledged date but what if it collapses before then ? lol)

*Picture

Fate in Walibi gone. I'm talking about the picture showing the (still) not finished Express. They started painting this summer and still they're not done yet. I'm mean they said the track will reopen in 2012 now I need to see that and I love to hear there excuse if they not going to make it.

The park looks great in the snow must give it that.

I think I like the new color scheme. A bit subdued, but somehow sexy.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I'd really like to get out and ride Xpress. I know about the Disney ones, but I like seeing compact launchers outdoors. I love the look of the twisted layouts, and on Premiers I've found the headchoppers are that much more intense when you can see them clearly.

I really thought the red & blue color scheme looked really good on Xpress.

you mean sky blue and pink, right ? Although the same can be said about Madrid's gayish Superman...

Well, the colors faded because the park failed to maintain it. It should've been red & blue through proper maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I am new here (from Netherlands) but my english is not very good so I just do it through google translation.

I'm much themapark.nl and walibiweb.nl.

where I Walibiweb.nl the following pictures have.

The information that the photos were originally part of Anton (walibiweb)

but then translates:

For now some detail and we conclude with Xpress

This was part 1.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

First we see the back of Hollywood Bakery, now in blue.

A purple facade that office moves to a new red / orange color for Sunset Souvenirs

Also the side of the passage / or Hall Fame is provided with sliding doors.

Nice matte as eaves of the Main Street buildings.

Finally a nice overview of the work so far. It looks like you ask me it all a lot fresher!.

This was part 2.

Thanks for your attention to these photographs, we hope to update again soon and wish Walibi further good luck with the winter activities.

• 2 weeks later...

new update of walibiweb.nl:

the Xpress:

Unfortunately, the pictures of the Xpress is not very sharp.

But the colors of the train are very beautiful!

They are now also moving ahead with the hollywood the main street:

I personally think the main street very nice! But the look is not quite finished ... But they have another 20 days!

There is indeed a park video of Walibi Holland put online!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi all,

i have the 22 and 23 of june free for visiting efteling and walibi world near amsterdam,

im not sure what is better:

Doing efteling on a friday and walibi the next day or the oposite.

i assume that these dates are just before the summer school brakes,crowds should be regular for the season?

Still i think efteling would be more crowded but knows how to hendle crowds better?

basicly walibi is a one trick pony for me-goliath-so i mostly visit the place just for it...

Any thoughts or tips would be grate.

any nice place to stay near walibi?

any one know this place near efteling:

"bee&bee katsheuvel"?

thanks!

Hi,

About visiting which park on which day the answer is simple: Efteling on friday and Walibi on saturday.

The Efteling has way more visitors on a saturday compared to a friday so.....

Never heard of "Bee&Bee" but after looking at it it seems ok, the price is good and it's really close to the entrance of the Efteling, maybe a 5-10 min. walk

Paul

Hi,

About visiting which park on which day the answer is simple: Efteling on friday and Walibi on saturday.

The Efteling has way more visitors on a saturday compared to a friday so.....

Never heard of "Bee&Bee" but after looking at it it seems ok, the price is good and it's really close to the entrance of the Efteling, maybe a 5-10 min. walk

Paul

Thanks paul.

Do you know if they open up "the dragon" wood coasters along the opening of the park?

I plan on being at the gate about 30 minuets before opening and rush over there as they open...

What kind of lines should i expect on friday? about 20-30 minuets for the bigger rides?

Gil

Thanks paul.

Do you know if they open up "the dragon" wood coasters along the opening of the park?

I plan on being at the gate about 30 minuets before opening and rush over there as they open...

What kind of lines should i expect on friday? about 20-30 minuets for the bigger rides?

Gil

Every ride operates at the same time the park does, 10.00 till 18.00 are the normal hours on a friday.

It's strongly depends on the weather(more or less people in the park) but i guess lines are max 20 minutes for the bigger rides(aka George & the Dragon )

Paul

I wouldn't recommend going to Efteling on a Saturday. I went to Holland to do the same combo (Efteling+Walibi World) and went to Efteling on a Saturday, just to find 45+ min queues for every ride. Despite operations being quite good, every Dutch seemed to be in Efteling!

Walibi, on the other side, had minimal waits throughout the day and we could reride Goliath without getting off!

Both parks are amazing so have a great time! (Special mention to Joris en de Draak and Goliath )

Thanks guys!

Just booked the last room at "Hotel de kroon" just outside Efteling.

So,any tips for a nice place to stay near walibi?

Do you know of any discounts for entry tickets?

looking fwd for "reride Goliath without getting off!"

although i would be surprised to see that happen on a sat in late june no?

Oh , and should we skip robin hood due to it's roughness situation i have read about?

what do you guys think?

The friday Efteling and saturday Walibi is the best their is. besides the busy saturdays at the Efteling witch you avoid. You don't get the a-holls youth an a friday's at walibi witch you avoid then too! It's a win-win situation!

Well, a nice place to stay at near Walibi? Well, it's in the middle of nowwhere... What are your plans after Walibi going back towards Amstedam? Or some place else?

About Robin Hood, it has been becoming rougher trough out the past year. But still a great ride, so you don't want to miss out on that one...

About Robin Hood, it has been becoming rougher trough out the past year. But still a great ride, so you don't want to miss out on that one...

I was really looking forward to ride Robin Hood and it turned out to be on pair with a RCCA in terms of roughness. It had the potential to be a solid airtime-filled coaster but it was killed by the tracking...

Hi werner,

glad to see i'm on the right track avoiding those a-holls

After Walibi i basicly going to spend a few days in amsterdam,

so, i just guess staying the night ,after visiting the parkm in a location in the park's area would be cheaper than spending the night in the city.

Although checking a bit on the net , i get the feeling the area is quit full of "posh" not so cheap hotels,so mybe a good place somewhere between the city and the park?