TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Disney's Typhoon Lagoon

BeemerBoy

And yet, Blizzard is an even larger circle... with paths (even a chairlift) that can link the different stairs/slides.

If you want confusion in a water park, head over to Aquatica

I know it all circles the same "mountain" and all the attractions are there. I just remember all the paths intersecting and going in odd directions. I got off track more than once and had to double back. And the family tube slide (which is awesomely long) let's you off in some desolated back corner of the park. It's a small gripe, I know. I just remember getting frustrated with where the heck I was and how to get to the slide I was trying to. I'm sure it would get easier if I went a few more times. I just didn't find it as simple and intuitive as Typhoon.

Still haven't done Aquatica. I do want to check it out though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to both disney water parks this summer

thought theming of both was brilliant

family raft at BB so wipes the floor of TL

wave pool at TL - especially when the biggest wave is sent down - wipes out everything

lazy river at both we found equally log, lazy and relaxing - and most important enough shade and tranquility

BB - can see how some found it more confusing to get round - as long as you just kept going round in a natural circle and not cut about, we found it as easy to navigate as TL

I think all the Orlando waterparks are great,even Wet n Wild with it's no theme theme.Everyone's heard that TL has a great wavepool,lush landscaping,good lazy river,the shark reef and the only water coaster with Slush n Gusher,while the rest of the slides are mediocre to bad.I used to be a bigger fan of BB but my biggest problem with the park is the layout as you have to continuously climb the same stairs to get to many of the slides,it gets boring.If they built another chairlift to give you access to all the slides in the mountain it would help,but yes they have better slides than TL.I think right now I probably have Aquatica at the top of my Orlando water parks list,it's not clearly better than the others,it could use some more slides and it's not as big as the Disney ones but it just has a good layout,better food and retail options,pretty good slides and I really like that Roa's Rapids fast lazy river,they really need to figure out a better way to get your tube on the slow lazy river to get on Tassies Twisters,it's very disorganized.Again I don't think there's one park that clearly is better than the others,they're all different and you could ask 100 different people what they're favorite is and each park will probably get a decent amount of votes.

An entertaining and informative TR (as always)....and the photo people in the water is really creepy and out of place. Maybe a change in costume or something?

On a side note with about the underwater camera...there really isn't much technology change in photo (with the exception of digital). What it probably is, is the development process. If you take your film to a real camera store, where they allow the film to dry, and do some photo magic....it will probably come out really well.

I used to send my stuff out to Kodak...unfortunately, the no longer do the drop boxes anymore. But I go to a local shop where there is a HUGE difference between photos done at a Costco/Walmart/Drugstore, then when I get it done there.

Just saying.