TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever been on a coaster when it broke down (got stuck, etc.)?

I've never actually gotten stuck, but onetime on S:UF, i was sooo scared, i pulled down my shoulder harness and it locked my feet in and locked the lap thingy in; but for those who have ridden on it already know that it has a vest type thingy that keeps your upper body in...well...my vest thingy didn't lock so the whole time i was hanging there by the bars that you hold on to...it didn't lock until coming out of the pretzel loop, it was pretty scary...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got stuck on the brake run of Millennium Force for about 15 minutes on the last ride of the night. The guy next to me was nervous about riding and absolutely stapled himself into the seat as hard as he could, so he was pretty uncomfortable sitting there .We all got free front of the line passes for any ride the next day.

Gnome and I also got a 10 second little carousel-style ride on La Revolucion at Knott's before it broke down.

At magic mountain one day on DeJa Vu when we went up the second spike the train released and then stopped again.It released again and didnt have enough speed to get through so it vallied we were stuck their for a good 45 minutes until they started letting people out and down the stairs.This was awful because it was extremely windy. All in all i thought it was pretty cool experience and we got to cut the line on x!

I was on the Big One At BPB and it broke down at the top of the lifthill and everyone had to get off and be strapped to the catwalk and then they had to let he train go and it makde the whole catwalk wobble like crazy and it was very windy that day so it was freeky when wh had to walk down the catwalk and the whole thing was wobbeling i have also been stuck on space mountain at DLRP but that was only for about 2mins and the coaster just went

On V2 launched went backwords through the station then stopped commin back through. I know this isnt a coaster but it still broke. At PGA the swinging iverter ship broke and the restraints locked before we went. It crushed down on my chest instead of were is was supposed to and I couldnt breath until they got me off in 3 min it hurt like hell.

Iv'e been stuck on,

- April 1995, stuck on Splash Mountain at WDW at age 4 for 25 minutes in the dark, very fun (yeah right)

-June 1995, stuck at the top of the lift hill on Rolling Thunder at SFGAv age 5. 30 minutes, didn't go back on till next year.

-Feburary 2001, My mother and I were stopped in the HaunteD Mansion in the magic Kingdom for a little while while they were loading/unloading handycaped guests!

-Feburary 2001, Broke down in The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter in the Magic Kingdom, and the ride was evacuated.

-April 2001, E-stopped on Batman The Ride at SFGAv on the brake run at age 10, in the dark, with my twin, freaked me the hell out! About 20 minutes

-April 2002, Stuck halfway up the lift hill on the Coney island Cyclone for 15 minutes, at age 11.

-June 2002, Stopped half way up the lift on Saw Mill Log flume at SFGAv because there were too many boats!

-June 2003, E-stopped twice on Batman The Ride at SFGAv, at age 13, that was was a fun 45 minute ride.

-August 2003, E-stopped on Comet at The Great Escape for 10 minutes, with Anthony and 8 year old sister Savannah

-July, 2004, My restraint wouldn't open on Top Spin 2 at Coney Island. My cousin was just laughing at me. They had to take it off manually.

-August 2004, Anthony, Savannah, 8(first time on this ride, and getting stuck on one), and I got stuck on Super Manège at La Ronde,at the top of the lift for almost a minute

-August 2004, Went on for the third time that day and got stuck at the top of the lift, by myself, in the front row again! For 2-5 minutes I was by myself (because every one was eating but I was doen. And wonted to ride again.

-Saptember 2004, Me, Anthony, and my friend Angie got stuck on Robin chiller in the station for 5 minutes. let me tell you, being stapled in for that long, hurts!

-September 2004, Me, Savannah, and my friend Angie got stuck at the top of Rolling Thunder at SFGAv for a minute or two at night!

-Saptember 2004, I got stuck in the station of Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFGAv, becuase my restrain wouldn't open!

-October 2004, Anthony, Savannah I over shot the lift of High speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels, and we were stopped for about 8 seconds. (Picture below!)

-October 2004, When savannah and I were on The Flyers at knoebels, the motor went dead we sat there for a few minutes. The ride juist started, and I t was our first time on it!

-May 2005, Kingda Ka's opening day, Savannah, Anthony, Anan, and I got stuck on Kingda Ka. We left the station, stopped for 20 minutes, pulled as back into the station, sat for 10 minutes, than made us get off.

August 1999: Stuck on Mine Train at GADV on the lift for 5 minutes for unknown reasons.

July 2003: Stuck on Superman at SFNE on lift hill for 10 minutes for an E-Stop so maintenance could climb up and take away a camera.

May 2004: E-Stopped on Nightwing at SFNE.

July 2004: E-Stopped on Nitro at GADV for 10 seconds because the ride-op was fooling around with the button.

July 2004: E-Stopped on Chaos at SFNE.

June 2005: Stuck on Superman at SFNE on brake run for 5 minutes for a sensor problem.

September 2005: Stuck on Moser Energy Storm at the Big E for 10 minutes, restraints stuck closed.

About 2 Years ago I got stuck on "THE BAT" at (PCW) Paramont Canada's Wonderland. It was not fun at all. The train got stuck just under one of the loops and some people where stuck upsidedown for 2 to 3 hours in on a hot summer day. Luck for me and my friends we where near the base of the track so we where ok. 8) "The Bat" at PCW is just like the Boomerange ride.

uhhhh... i don't remember that happening. was it on the news at all?

I got stuck on the lift hill on Grizzly Bear at lightwater valley.There were 2 girls sitting behind me absolutly terrified because they thought we were going to roll back down the hill.We were stuck for about 15 minutes.Shame the ride was dull after the 15 minute stall though,it would have been ok if it was a decent ride.

I have had to walk down the stairs on Thundercoaster twice, I've been stopped on Riddler's lift due to an unlocked restraint, I've had my camera removed rigth before Oblivions drop and I've been stuck in Loopen's lift once...

I have been stuck and evacuated from Fujiyama at fuji Q highlands. We were the first train out of the station for the day and got stuck just before the top. It took about 45 minutes before they got us down. Missed getting the credit by about 15m. Did get some pics from up there and 2 front seat rides on Dodonpa because of it.

Bob "Hoping to go back in 2007" Hoffman

DSCN1102-1.JPG.c14b38e7a1624c9da2b3257180cad2f4.JPG

Here is how close we made it togoing over the top

DSCN1093.JPG.f05c738919903016337678683d0569da.JPG

Here I am on the lift hill

• 9 months later...
I was stuck on Medusa's brake run for 10 minutes and got stuck on boomerang (harness wouldn't release so I got a reride...luckily I was in the front seat. Lastly, my bro and I got stuck on V2's launch area as it was going thru it's second launch. Instead of speeding thru, it slowed down.

Are you talking about gadv's Medusa if you are I was there that day, when I was going to get in line I saw the train stuck on the midway brakes so I just decided to go on the Log Flume instead. When I was on Buzz Lightyear in WDW and I was stuck for 45 minutes at 1 in the morning we didn't get evacuated but I did get like 80,000 points by shooting at the same target the whole time . Also in a little local park by me I was on Chaos and after the ride was over my safety bar wouldn't release so I was stuck in my seat for 10 minutes while everyone else was able to get off.

I was stuck on Medusa's brake run for 10 minutes and got stuck on boomerang (harness wouldn't release so I got a reride...luckily I was in the front seat. Lastly, my bro and I got stuck on V2's launch area as it was going thru it's second launch. Instead of speeding thru, it slowed down.

Are you talking about gadv's Medusa if you are I was there that day, when I was going to get in line I saw the train stuck on the midway brakes so I just decided to go on the Log Flume instead. When I was on Buzz Lightyear in WDW and I was stuck for 45 minutes at 1 in the morning we didn't get evacuated but I did get like 80,000 points by shooting at the same target the whole time . Also in a little local park by me I was on Chaos and after the ride was over my safety bar wouldn't release so I was stuck in my seat for 10 minutes while everyone else was able to get off.

The only rollercoasters I've been stuck on were at Laronde: Vampire 45mins, the two first cars of the train stopped after the station and the ride op couldn't get the restraints to open. Then on the Boomerang. The cable or something snapped, the train was halfway to the top then rolled back to the station.

Not very exciting.