TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

College Football 2010

slither37

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoasterGuy06 wrote:I think it's safe to say who the #1 team in the SEC right now is

Obviously NOT Alabama.

There will be another school whose colors are red as the new #1, Scarlet.

THE Ohio State University.

Wow, LSU got the win.

You know, I had a good feeling about tonight. But I think it can be said Lee is definitely the guy right now. With him at QB and this defense, they are a legit title contender right now. They once again find a way to win.

F the Gators!

Tebow isn't walking through that door. Danny Weurffel isn't walking through that door.

Oh great, another year of Ohio State getting pummeled in the National Championship by . Sure Alabama lost, but that's what happens when you play real teams. Ohio State fans just need to root for them to lose again so they dont have to deal with the inevitable beating they would take in the championship game.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

^ totally agreed Feel.

I'll definitely say, Oregon should be ahead of Blowhio St.

But if somehow LSU or any other team, I guess Auburn is the only other survivor, can survive the SEC undefeated, they would pass an undefeated OSU or Oregon for the top spot.

Oregon and OSU fans can fight it out for 2nd. Until your 2 conferences have a title game, an SEC undefeated team deserves the top spot. Possibly even a 1 loss team, with all the games played against top teams in 90,000+ stadiums, not 60,000. LSU plays 6 or 7 top 25 teams this year. Blowhio St. plays in a slow, inferior conference, and doesn't deserve crap. I'll be honest, I love ripping the Big 10 much more than the Pac 10. The Big 10 winner, ie Ohio Suck, got slaughtered twice in the BCS title game against superior SEC speed. What do you deserve? Good, you beat Indiana, Minnesota, overrated Wisconsin, overrated Iowa, good for you. You want a cookie?

I gotta finally acknowledge Joey, the Pac 10 is much improved from the days when it was USC and the rest. I put the Pac 10 way ahead of the Big Slow right now. The Big 10 is still incredibly overrated, at least until Nebraska arrives and there's a Big 10 title game. Then, at least you'll have a fighting chance and possibly some sort of argument.

Like it or not, that's what winning the last 4 BCS title games will do for you.

Suck on that.

By the way, Boise St. and TCU don't deserve a title shot until there's a college playoff. Your best game is against an overrated Va Tech and Nevada. Oooh, Nevada really scares people. Give me a break. Yes, your team may be decent, but you don't deserve anything over any of these big conference schools who get beat up week in and week out. If there's a playoff, fine, you get a shot. And I'm a playoff guy. The BCS is the crappiest way to determine a champion in all of major American Sports. It's ridiculous that there isn't a playoff system in place, and it's a complete travesty. I've been saying this for years. that's why the NFL will always be king.

What I always thought was funny and interesting about the SEC is the fact that you have these semi-highly touted players going to schools like Florida, Alabama, LSU, etc. destined to only be nothing more than 3rd or 4th stringers. Meanwhile they'd easily, EASILY be starters in some other conferences, like the Pac-10, Big East, Big 10, etc. How many other major conferences can say that? My guess is none.

Does not really matter, does it? OSU can run the table and the haters will have some sort of excuse, like the Miami comment earlier. Winning teams create turnovers and it is pathetic to say that it was not so much a good OSU team beat Miami as Miami beating themselves.

I can hear it now .. from stingrock: "The only reason OSU won was because the Buckeyes scored more points than the other team, if that did not happen, OSU would have lost"

THAT or something similar will be whined about.

Being a Syracuse Orange fan, I've usually had to wait until basketball season to experience any happiness in college sports. But, now, coming off their narrow win against South Florida, I can take some momentary solace in the fact that Syracuse is now 4-1 for the first time in what seems like a while.

Of course, I used the word momentary, because they play Pittsburgh next week. I know Pitt's struggled a bit this season, but I just don't think the Orange are able to beat them just yet, looking at their stats. The rest of the schedule from here on looks pretty tough as well.

But, seeing as how the Orange actually managed to win 4 games this season...that's a small victory for us up here.

Does not really matter, does it? OSU can run the table and the haters will have some sort of excuse, like the Miami comment earlier. Winning teams create turnovers and it is pathetic to say that it was not so much a good OSU team beat Miami as Miami beating themselves.

I can hear it now .. from stingrock: "The only reason OSU won was because the Buckeyes scored more points than the other team, if that did not happen, OSU would have lost"

THAT or something similar will be whined about.

You know, that's fine, it doesn't matter if you run the table or not. I could see OSU making it through the Big Slow and getting to the BCS game and getting blown out. That will be what, the 3rd time that's happened?

Besides, the fact that OSU doesn't play Michigan St, and both could be undefeated at the end of the season, will just make me laugh. That's a complete joke.

And you can call us SEC fans arrogant or whatever you want, but the fact is that our league has won the last 4 BCS titles, pretty handily, including 2 blowouts over the buckeyes. So I'd say we have some room to brag at this point.

Oregon and OSU fans can fight it out for 2nd. Until your 2 conferences have a title game, an SEC undefeated team deserves the top spot. Possibly even a 1 loss team, with all the games played against top teams in 90,000+ stadiums, not 60,000. LSU plays 6 or 7 top 25 teams this year. Blowhio St. plays in a slow, inferior conference, and doesn't deserve crap. I'll be honest, I love ripping the Big 10 much more than the Pac 10. The Big 10 winner, ie Ohio Suck, got slaughtered twice in the BCS title game against superior SEC speed. What do you deserve? Good, you beat Indiana, Minnesota, overrated Wisconsin, overrated Iowa, good for you. You want a cookie?

What about the games against opponents like McNeese State, Louisiana Monroe, Georgia State, Arkansas State, Chattanooga, and Appalachian State?

Playing crappy non-conference games rightfully cost Auburn a shot at the BCS title game...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: ultimately every conference is built in the same way. There are a couple of traditional powerhouses that always hang around the top and rarely experience down years, a couple of second tier teams that usually hang around the bottom of the top 25 and occasionally do better, a couple of 3rd tier teams that surprise about once every 5 years, and then there is the bottom of the conferences that are never good.

Although I totally agree that Ohio State will find a way to choke if they do make it to the BCS title game...

Nevada beat Cal. Cal beat Colorado. Colorado beat Georgia. Georgia beat Tennessee. .

right, because that's ALWAYS an accurate deduction

http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/

What about the games against opponents like McNeese State, Louisiana Monroe, Georgia State, Arkansas State, Chattanooga, and Appalachian State?

Playing crappy non-conference games rightfully cost Auburn a shot at the BCS title game...

This is a fantastic point. It seems that every year, the SEC plays one or maybe two games out-of-conference against a supposedly "good" team. Last year it was Alabama vs. Clemson, this year it was LSU vs. North Carolina (lol).

South Carolina, Florida, Auburn, LSU and Alabama have, among themselves, played a total of 5 non-conference games against major BCS conference teams. And two of those teams were South Florida and Duke. Before you plunge into the "we can play cupcakes because our conference schedule is so tough" excuse, remember that Auburn, in their undefeated 2004 season when they got shafted, played The Citadel, Louisiana Monroe and Louisiana Tech. Not quite prime rib.

Although I totally agree that Ohio State will find a way to choke if they do make it to the BCS title game..

Could happen, better to go and lose than not go at all. If Tressel coaches the way he did against Oregon last year, OSU can beat any team.

Maybe I should start rooting for entire conference.

Edited by slither37

^ That's why the BCS system is so messed up and there needs to be playoffs in college football. You're almost inclined to not only pull for your team, but for your entire conference as well so your national championship argument holds water when selection time comes.