TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

I sort of want to feel bad for them, but at the same time I know they are assholes, so they kind of deserve this. I agree with Robb on this one, I would at least have some respect for them if they had not said they already owned the ride, but they did what they did, and because of that I have no real reason to feel bad for them. As of now, with the sketchiness of the story, they are SCAM ARTISTS!

FANATASTIC NEWS MY FRIENDS!!!!! THE REIN OF PRINCE DESMOND AS OWNER OF BIG DIPPING ROLLER COASTR SHALL START SOON!!!!! NOW TO PHONE CONTACT MR WOODSMAN !!!!!

PRINCE DESMOND

That's great news! Your hard work may finally pay off!

I don't feel sorry for these idiots. They dug their own graves. Two people with ZERO business sense cheered on by a forum full of people that would screw up making a bag of microwave popcorn, and somehow blame it on Cedar Fair. There are enough conspiracy theories on that site involving CF that you'd think they were involved in the JFK assassination, the Roswell incident, and faking the moon landing. All in the same day.

Seriously, as someone that's been involved in actual business for many, many year, including many years in the entertainment industry, morons like this really irritate me. Buying a coaster and moving it is not a RCT scenario. It's something that would take a dedicated team of professionals and a lot of coordination. And money. Something that is greatly lacking in all involved. To not even have the sense to see how complicated this task would be might be even more annoying. Newsflash, geniuses, you're not moving the coaster with some tools from Home Depot and mom's minivan. And of course, anyone with a brain that dared to comment on this master plan was immediately attacked as NOT SUPPORTINGS THE COASTARZ COMMUNITEEE. Um, yeah. Never, ever listen to anyone that might know something. That's the best way to go through life. You made some sort of half-assed launched inverted woodie in No Limits, you're clearly qualified to move and rebuild a coaster. You're barely qualified to post your "amazing ideas" on the internet, actually. While your plans to crush Cedar Fair might be impressive around the junior high lunch room nerd table, they're so not going to impress anyone with an ounce of brain power.

Though it will be comedy gold. Seriously, this whole thing has made me laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh for months. Even without the awesomeness of Prince Desmond, this would be one of the funniest things of the year. Thanks, Kat & Kiwi and your gaggle of self-righteous coaster enthusiasses for providing us with hours and hours of entertainment with your horrible incompetence. I hope someone in this group tries to buy Hard Rock Park now. I need the lulz...

dt

I would like to say that Kat and Kiwi probably had honest intentions. I think they just didn't research this enough. Anyone should know that buying a coaster and moving it is going to be a process. It isn't like Kat and Kiwi were buying groceries or painting a room together. This was a much more massive undertaking. They simply didn't think this through.

two people walk into a forum

they've never met, but it was love at first picture

they deciede to buy a piece of history together, so they can make history together

one manages their money well, the other can't add or subtract

they have no plan, no land

one even lives, in another land

with not title and no bridle, the horse doesn't leave the stable

after all could it be just a fable

in the end, the two walk away

letting their history go on ebay

Robbie Bell has experience putting piles of coaster wood up for sale on ebay, wood that can't be used by the terms of the sale to rebuild the ride, so, CF, or whoever may own this thing now, Tommy boy maybe?, anyway, they should contact Robbie for details on how to sell the wood for 400k, it'd have a much better future as scrap than it does now.

I love all the insane conspiracy theories that Kinzel sits around like a Bond villain, plotting the destruction of enthusiass dreams in Ohio. Seriously, these amuse me to no end. And, like any good conspiracy theory, there's always at least one guy that claims to know "the inside story" and that "the truth will soon come out". Um, genius, the park closed years ago. I think it's OK if you let the "secrets" out. Oh wait, they're all delusions in your mind, brought upon by consuming too many bags of Dollar Store Cheese Curls while watching Beast brake run POVs? This explains everything.

There's no conspiracy. It was a business decision. They bought that park with the intention of stripping it of the rides for cheap upgrades for the rest of their parks. Deal with it.

I'd love to get a photo of Ice Bat in front of The Big Dipper while it's being knocked down. But that means I'd have to go to Ohio. And I don't think my vaccines have been updated lately...

dt

Looks like it's been an exciting day here on the boards. I glanced at this off and on earlier at work, and couldn't help it but laugh at the crazy give-away earlier. Had to try not to laugh out loud because I didn't feel like explaining TPR randomness to my coworkers (who wouldn't understand our odd sense of humor that exists here anyway). This is definitely an interesting start for 2011 year, and will be remembered for years to come.