TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

...I am thankful for the friends I have made on here. Rob, I would like to make friends with you as well. I would like to invite you to our next get together and we can clear up any confusion. we all have the same interests.

If he would like to make friends with Robb, he could start by spelling his name correctly.

prknopp - thanks for presenting your point of view and experience in dealing with the new owner.

Actually I'm shocked the trains haven't been moved yet. I could be wrong but it sounds like a lot easier procedure than dismantling the coaster. Even from a fiscal standpoint it would clearly be the proper move. The cars themelves would have resale value even if viewed only from a collector's standpoint. However, the more they are exposed to the elements, the less desirable they become.

Personally I don't see how this coaster can be moved, resettled and made to run without a lot more money and major upgrades to get up to code. And then it wouldn't be the same coaster would it?

I think your experience with the new owner further proves why many of us here are extremely cynical that this project can be completed.

As of at least just a week or so ago, the trains are still sitting at Geauga Lake out in the weather. Very few people know what was actually sold and to whom, if it was even sold.

The claim is that they are the property of the "new owners". One of Kat's last posting on the net that I'm aware of notes they are still out in the weather but she has "plans" to move them.

IF everything is as has been presented, I don't know what the big deal is. Let's move them.

Generally something has to be funny to be passed off as humor.

I appreciate your comment. But I don't think you're in any place, as a brand new TPR member, to tell any of us what we think should or shouldn't be funny. Many of our users have been following this forum for many years and totally get an understand our sense of humor. Before passing judgement, I strongly...STRONGLY recommend you read and become and active member of our forum before making such comments.

Thank you for your understanding!

--Robb

ps. I would read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

Edited by robbalvey

I appreciate your comment. But I don't think you're in any place, as a brand new TPR member, to tell any of us what we think should or shouldn't be funny.

I thought you appreciated sarcasm. No? Please, you'll need to state the rules a little clearer then.

I appreciate your comment. But I don't think you're in any place, as a brand new TPR member, to tell any of us what we think should or shouldn't be funny.

I thought you appreciated sarcasm. No? Please, you'll need to state the rules a little clearer then.

You can either be an active member of this community or you can be an obnoxious bitch. The choice is yours. The rules and disclaimers are clear enough. Our thousands of active members understand them just fine. I welcome you to be a part of our fun and awesome group, but if you're going to get pissy over someone's comment here, you can just f**k right off.

--Robb "I've run out of patience for this bullshit." Alvey

You can either be an active member of this community or you can be an obnoxious bitch. The choice is yours. The rules and disclaimers are clear enough. Our thousands of active members understand them just fine. I welcome you to be a part of our fun and awesome group, but if you're going to get pissy over someone's comment here, you can just f**k right off.

--Robb "I've run out of patience for this bull$#!%." Alvey

Pissy? I'm not getting pissy. I'm asking you to clear up the rules. I'm not allowed to reply to sarcasm with my own because I'm new?

--Robb "I've run out of patience for this bull$#!%." Alvey

Pissy? I'm not getting pissy. I'm asking you to clear up the rules. I'm not allowed to reply to sarcasm with my own because I'm new?

No.

You're being a dick on purpose and you know it. Stop playing stupid games or you will find yourself banned quicker than Kat and Kiwi can save the Big Dipper. Oh wait...

Edited by robbalvey

I'm asking you to clear up the rules.

"Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site,

if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!"

Sounds pretty clear to me...

*backs out of the room and back to a dark corner*

^^^ dude, seriously, the comeback on the sarcasm disclaimer, which the disclaimer was a courtesy, didn't come off as sarcasm, many took it as serious, myself included. This was a rough thread to come into given the events, or lack thereof, surrounding saving the ride. I still respect any effort to save the cars, but the current owner doesn't seem to have any interest in it given a lack of response to your repeated inquiries. I know the ride has sentimental value to many, but sometimes it's best to just let it go.

**Edit: Adam, the superman pic was classic, nice job.