TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

^^We tried to get KT to hold it for the picture for even more comedic value but she wouldn't cooperate!

Haha, that would've been adorable!

I know! I was so bummed...but kids will be kids.

I honestly couldn't give two sh1ts about what Katie has to say or accuse us of. She's has no idea what she's talking about. I just posted the picture to be funny. Well, that and to shut her up, but I think that's impossible, so I'll go with comedic value!

Robb, I think you were successful on shutting her up for now. Well, maybe her meds just kicked in or the local buffet is having a pre-Thanksgiving deal tonight.

Even a couple of people called her out over there.

Also, to the starter of that thread (RayP). I have always thought your trip reports were very fair and balanced. I do enjoy reading them and see you as on the level.

I just got caught up on the back and forth between sites. I learned two things:

1) People are still posting on a sight devoted to a defunct park.

2) Katie's efforts have really multiplied recently. Oddly enough, that effort has NOTHING to do with saving the Dipper.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I can see how they can be confused. Many similar characteristics. However, one is just dumb and the other is a nut case. I have seen a picture of Katie once year back or so. She was bitching about not liking Waterparks or something to that nature (that basically all she does is bitch). It came to my attention pretty quickly why she hates waterparks.

How are you going to fit this http://www.pbase.com/jesse/image/2564925&exif=Y into this http://www.proslide.com/rides_09_c.php

Not to be the voice of civility here, but we don't need to be attacking people's physical appearances as part of this discussion. None of us are models or anything and it's stupid to judge people off of that. It's not like the "TPR Haters" haven't provided enough material to criticize them about their opinions and views, I don't think there's any reason to bring looks into the mix.

^ Agreed, looks have absolutely nothing to do with this. No reason to turn this into something resembling two monkeys flinging shit at one another. Then it's almost as bad as politics

Robb, I'm reasonably surprised that she decided to personally attack YOU. I realize, that you run TPR, but it wasn't only you that was poking fun at them. Everyone here (for the most part) is guilty of it, and yet she (seemingly) pinned it down on you and Elissa. She could have at least given the rest of us credit where credit was due! That's just bad research IMO!

You run a sweet ship here at TPR, and only a fool would be able to say otherwise. I've had a few exchanges with you, and you're a stand up guy. I'm just glad that we don't have "psychopaths" like her here!

Not to be the voice of civility here, but we don't need to be attacking people's physical appearances as part of this discussion. None of us are models or anything and it's stupid to judge people off of that. It's not like the "TPR Haters" haven't provided enough material to criticize them about their opinions and views, I don't think there's any reason to bring looks into the mix.

Nah, all fun and games. Just want to see if I can enrage her more to post more nonsense to have fun with. I want to see if I can put her over the top.

I am no model and skinny as hell. She can contact my wife and bitch about my small penis if she likes.

The thread on GLT is an interesting read. I am still puzzled however. Is she sugguesting she is failing Calculus, yet passing English?

EDIT: ^Why are you puprosley trying to enrage her? As much as we all know this project has been entertaining at times, there is no reason to make a deliberate attempt to make someone mad. Be the better person in this case.

Edited by CardCraze

The thread on GLT is an interesting read. I am still puzzled however. Is she sugguesting she is failing Calculus, yet passing English?

EDIT: ^Why are you puprosley trying to enrage her? As much as we all know this project has been entertaining at times, there is no reason to make a deliberate attempt to make someone mad. Be the better person in this case.

Again, this is not the same person.

I WILL PUT IT IN CAPS NOW

KAT = PERSON WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING TO SAVE BIG DIPPER

KATIE = WELL TAKE THE USER NAME AND RESEARCH HER POSTS OVER THERE AND THEN COMEBACK.

Edited by OISU8P

Sigh, I keep coming back hopefully to find out something new about GL and all I get is more talk about small penises than the National Rifle Association forum. I am kidding around, so save your flames.

In 2007, I had the opportunity to go to GL but I decided to sleep in instead. I've still ridden many of their coasters albeit at different locations.

I was curious about what's happening at GL and I found this rather compelling advert on their site:

swimming_lessons.jpg.1cde62382425971f622a773d82886057.jpg

Why be hot and doing chores when you could be at the GL pool being eye candy for all the GL fanboys?

In 2007, I had the opportunity to go to GL but I decided to sleep in instead.

You made the better choice!

I was a little bushed from our adventures with torches at Hotel Breakers the night before and then the epic sit in the next day at Maverick in the rain, so I missed the hire car to GL the next morning. But at least I didn't miss the bus the morning after that.

I just went through the Geauga Lake site you guys linked to...checked out a couple big topics, read some commentary...

Wow.

I mean, just, seriously, wow.

I used to think some people on here tended to lean to the fanboy side of things...

They are NOTHING compared to the people on GLT.

Where do I even start?! These people have banded together to do precisely jack. Seriously. Any conversation about anything that might even CONSIDER the possibility of anyone ever liking anything about Cedar Fair or its staff is burned like a witch. A large number of them support Kat. And they'll even go OUT OF THEIR WAY to avoid doing anything to benefit the Cedar Fair parks (so they claim), and yet they still frequent WWK, which is, guess what, A CEDAR FAIR PARK. IDIOTS.

Whew...I need to calm down...okay, in all fairness...the site's a joke. Hell, I'm not a big supporter of that many sites, I don't even think this site here is the almighty lord of theme park sites (if I don't pick favorites, I don't get called a fanboy), but what they're doing there is just...damn.

Oh, we were talking about Kat again? Carry on.

OMG - people still think it's possible to carry the ride out of the park in pick up trucks.

http://geaugalaketoday.freepowerboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=32546#p32546

*shakes head*

Just to note..... A little background. I'm not a coaster enthusiast. This is the first time I've ever read here. I saw this site mentioned at GLT and thought I'd check it out. From what little I've read, it sounds like you put together fun trips for those who are coaster enthusiasts in general. I do love the old wooden coasters though.

I grew up going to G.L. many times every summer. I really loved the place and enjoyed taking my kids there. It wasn't the greatest park in the world but it was "my park". Yes, I hold the closing personally against Kinzel and I hope he gets booted sooner rather than later. You can tell which posts are mine on GLT and you can tell that I never bought the "new owners" plan.

BUT, I do keep on pressing to bring "my truck" to get the cars out of the weather. We can indeed move the cars out of the weather. I have a 4 wheel drive diesel truck that was used previously to move arcade games (has a lift) and a car trailer with a winch that would easily move the cars.

I get no reply on the GLT site but maybe Kat reads here. I have nothing in this other than I'd love to see the cars out of the weather. Saved coaster or not, I'd like to see the cars out of the weather. I understand that many younger coaster enthusiasts may not understand the interest in a bunch of old cars but I'd hope that maybe both sites could lay off things a bit to cease any bad feelings for awhile to make sure that at the very least everything isn't lost.

Successful plan to save the coaster or not, I have no problems with the new owners if nothing else is done beyond saving the cars. Based upon the work needed to create a site like this and put trips together, I'd think you would understand that and maybe even consider my request to help out even if it's nothing more than to understand where some of us are coming from.

Thanks for the space for me to have my say and Kat, if you read here, c'mon, lets get the cars under roof. I'll even store them if need be. (throw away email address to follow) Write me at johnwillythomas@gmail.com and let's get done what we can before the snow really flies.

^ Hi, and welcome. To my knowledge, Kat has never posted here, but we all hope that's she's read here and has gained some knowledge from what we all have to say, tho we don't have any indication that she has. Many people here, and most notably the owners of the site, have real world experience in the industry and have been around it for many moons. We've also seen the rise and fall of many a park and projects, even those like myself who, while I've lurked for along time prior to joining the club and the site, haven't been posting here for years.

To be honest, in order to move the cars properly, not to mention easily, they need to be secured to pallets and transported on a flat bed semi, a fork lift would be your friend to make this happen as each car can weigh around 1500lbs. Not being familiar with your setup, and based on other setups I've seen similar to what you describe, I really don't know if a lift gate would be able to lift them without damage to your system. Another issue that has been brought up here is that CF may not feel comfortable letting people on property who are not properly licensed and bonded as if anyone should get hurt, they (CF) could very well be the responsible party, because, as you well know, CF still owns the land.

The last anyone has heard rumblings from Kat was on GLT when the announcement came that she was failing math. One of the mod's on this site donated $50 to her cause and has yet to even get an automated thank you message, so it is not surprising that you haven't heard back from her.

Your efforts and passion to save the train cars is respected. IMO, they are about the only part of the ride worth saving and very well could be used by someone wanting to build a retro coaster, or, placed in the museum.

Again, welcome, please come back often, we really are a fun crowd. Case in point, check out the recent scavenger hunt accessible from the front page. The prize was in an evil location, but I think it's safe to say we all had tons of fun with it!

Thanks. I understand CF's concerns. LOL, unfortunately nobody wants to discuss anything. I have no illusions that moving the cars wouldn't be a real PITA. We move real cars with the trailer all the time. Cars that don't roll any better than these coaster cars.

The winch will easily get the cars on the trailer. (3 at a time at best most likely). CF did allow the non professtionals remove stuff at the auction, but it was a controlled move. (I was there)

The only arguement I dismiss is "It can't be done". Would palleted cars moved with a forktruck and flat bed be best? Absolutely. Unfortunately nobody is going to do that.

If anyone here (which I have no doubt has far more experience than I) have actual knowledge on weight, I would be interested to know. I was initially told as shown above appx 1000 lbs. At that I was sure we could get 3 at a time. Above that? Maybe not. I'm willing to move two at a time.

P.S. I'm fully aware that CF isn't about to allow the deconstruction of the coaster without a profession company involved. It's been discussed over at GLT. I'm also not really interested in the coaster being taken down either.

I don't think anyone here thinks that that the complete relocation can't be done, it can, with a proper plan and financial backing, neither of which the current owner appears to have. Then, one must ask themselves is this a financially sound project? Can I make money at it? What happens if it doesn't make money, will I lose everything? etc. From the sound of it, these are things you are well aware of.

If you are ever able to successfully reach the owner and some sort of agreement on what again, I would consider the only part of the ride worth saving, the trains, I will wish you the best of luck. With that being said, there aren't too many people here who would have faith in that occurring anytime soon.

Out of curiosity, when was the picture you attached taken?

In other news, looks as if Robb's been invited to a GL Luncheon...

...I am thankful for the friends I have made on here. Rob, I would like to make friends with you as well. I would like to invite you to our next get together and we can clear up any confusion. we all have the same interests.