TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Awesome.... I will also donate a few bucks maybe. Lets see if we can go on a Judge Judy type show to recoup our losses after official failure. We would probably loose since we donated to a fund without a solid or direction.

It would be fun though for shits, chuckles and giggles... It is endless were we can take this one.... Got to take advantage of it while it lasts. June 30 is a coming and the dream will end.

^ Yeah it was me. The ONLY thing I received was the automated Paypal receipt. There has been no other communication from anyone at their "organization".

Seriously? Not even an email saying "Thank you" as in "Thank you for being one of the very few people who actually donated...."

That really sucks. I cannot even begin to think of recommending that ANYONE donate money to someone that: 1. Doesn't present a plan for what they will be doing with your money, 2. Does not even communicate with the people who donated money, and 3. Seems to be *almost* as legit as Prince Desmond at this point!

It's funny how they were calling the Prince Desmond site a scam, but this seems like pretty much the pot and the kettle at this point.

Pathetic.

--Robb

OMG - people still think it's possible to carry the ride out of the park in pick up trucks.

http://geaugalaketoday.freepowerboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=32546#p32546

*shakes head*

Oh, it's going to leave the area on trucks come the deadline. But at this point garbage trucks are much more realistic than pick-up trucks.

^^ Don't worry, they've already had a few people say that over there and it wasn't taken with kind replies.

^ Burning it down would be cheaper. Any well written contract to purchase big ticket items (not just related to coasters) should have the buyer responsible for it's complete removal, regardless of who or how it's done, otherwise, there is no real incentive for the purchaser to get it the hell gone. And I doubt $384 will pay for more than 2 dumpsters. As a bonus, the GL fans can get together for their monthly cookout and BBQ without the need to haul in grills.

I wonder if she has any kind of insurance on the ride because at this point it would probably be better for her to just take out a claim, burn it, and then take what she can get.

The bigger question is, would anyone insure a wooden coaster with no working fire suppression system? No insurance carrier would touch the former Admiral Twin Drive-in (Movie Theatre), a wooden structure, due to not having a fire suppression system, and just a few months ago, it burned to the ground. Another piece of Americana lost and no money to rebuild. hmmm, that sounds familiar....

edit:

maybe Kat should start looking here for help

This best part about this is that two people from this site donated money to her. That probably makes close to a third of the donations from here. However, this site is the evil one.

I wonder what percent of donations came from the GLT folks... However, I have to give the mods credit over there on this one. It did not seem like they bit on the hopefulness after a few days on nonsense based posts from her. She seems to have went away over there also.

This may go down in history as the biggest botched attempt in the Amusement industry....

I knew they were heavy - I've helped push an NAD train before. During ACE ERT on CLP's Blue Streak, they WAY undershot the station. The front half of the train unloaded and it took I believe 5 people, myself included, to push it the rest of the way into the station.

~Kat Jones

Typical ACEr.

She said it not me

This may go down in history as the biggest botched attempt in the Amusement industry....

It's very hard for me to think that, figuring as another investment sunk like a rock, and really didn't amount to a successful amusement park.

Yes, I think the Save the Big Dipper thing pales in comparison to the Wild West Park/Hard Rock Park fiascoes.

Edited by cfc

Yes, I think the Save the Big Dipper thing pales in comparison to the Wild West Park/Hard Rock Park fiascoes.

No, but I think this is by far the most entertaining of them three!

It does have that going for it.

Edited by cfc