TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Wow. I am speechless. Just caught up on everything after missing just the past 24 hours and about 30 pages. Do people not realize it's just a coaster! It's just wood and nails. It's not like Robb was making fun of a disease, or poverty! It's just a coaster! C-O-A-S-T-E-R, coaster! And I totally agree that if your asking for money, you need to be professional. To me it's the equivalent of a homeless man standing on a corner asking for money to cure cancer. As for the ability to sue, never going to happen. There are disclaimers all over, and there are many laws protecting parodies. I just can't believe how snide and evil the remarks are by the non-zit nerds who don't watch sci-fi and like Twilight. Their remarks were much more offensive, much more rude, and much more low class than any that the TPR site has put up. It really shows who the real 'children' are. I also see that they still haven't learned anything. They still don't even have a facebook presence! If they save it, great for them, but that effort could be put to so much better use.

I sent some money to a REAL foundation, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and mentioned before, and encourage everyone to do the same. I would love for the CFF to get $300,000.

I love how I posted a well-formed response defending Robb and TPR as a comment on the site early last night and this morning, because of "spam comments," they disable all comments on the site and don't clear mine through moderation... Can't show another viewpoint, eh?

Dear JMan. If you are reading this thread and if it is not somehow too late, can Desmond appear in Hoodie the Threequel?

Also Robb, this was the most awesome thing ever. Maybe someday Desmond will come back. Either way, his memory is preserved as I will continue to follow him on twitter.

Also, my new favorite thing ever is the fact that about half of BlobbAlveys twitter followers are TPR members saying that BlobbAlvey is a stupid account. Thats awesome. Awesome job guys. Part of every great comedy is timing, you ended at the exact right time with class while keeping us laughing all the while.

Robb, Wes and Everyone involved,

I laughed so hard thanks to Prince Desmond and this thread will definately go down in TPR Legend. As others have said, well done for ending it where you did, you didn't let it go on too long and made some very sensible points along the way, everyone should donate to CFF instead, much worthier cause!

I do think, however, that the .org people have missed a trick here. With very little effort and money Robb and Wes have created a massive amount of hype and interest in a ficitional character and parody website... maybe if they had asked really really nicely Robb and Wes could have passed on some professional advice so they could create the same kind of presence and following for themselves but by being too stubborn and not taking anything from the experience I am afraid this is unlikely to ever happen! Oh well, hopefully they'll live and learn... again, unlikely!

Thanks for the laughs guys,

Matt

Is it just me, or does it seem that because Wes came on here and made a genuine offer for a truce, and gave a better explaination of what went on, that he has already helped CCF raise more money than the folks who keep bashing on Rob(b) at a more personal level have for the Big Dipper?

To me, that seems to be another example of how the additional attention is not being taken advantage, since someone else has come in, and with the attention to this thread, been able to get other people to donate towards a cause he supports!

Just a casual observation!

-Gary

Or are they just a bunch of 13 year olds trying to fan the flames of a now dead issue? Geez! Again, if any of this anti-Robb sentiment was applied to a noble cause, think of what could be accomplished!

That pretty much sums it up.

Does anyone even read this site:

http://coastercrazy.com/

Or are they just a bunch of 13 year olds trying to fan the flames of a now dead issue? Geez! Again, if any of this anti-Robb sentiment was applied to a noble cause, think of what could be accomplished!

I think they need someone to proofread:

Overnight a massive boycott and media compaign has been launched against Robb Alvey and his website Theme Park Review by enthusiast across the world.

Does anyone even read this site:

http://coastercrazy.com/

Some are, thankfully the majority of that site are just people who play NoLimits and don't care about the admins of other sites.

I'm glad I'm in the 2nd catergory

Robb, you should develop a timeline thread of the funniest, craziest, and most bizarre incidents ever to occur on TPR!

That would be the best threat EVER!

Robb has never threatened anyone.

I think "threat" was a typo. I think he was trying to spell "thread".

Robb, you should develop a timeline thread of the funniest, craziest, and most bizarre incidents ever to occur on TPR!

That would be the best threat EVER!

Robb has never threatened anyone.

I think "threat" was a typo. I think he was trying to spell "thread".

After reading posts from Prince Desmond, I know a typo when I see one.

Overnight a massive boycott and media compaign has been launched against Robb Alvey and his website Theme Park Review by enthusiast across the world.

...and I bet that site traffic hasn't even dropped! lol. Sounds like these guys really need to understand the bigger picture of what the whole purpose of the .com site was about. It's kind of like wearing blinders and failing to have your opinion changed or realize something no matter what happens.

Now I am sorry, but 'Enthusiasts Around The World' are boycotting Robb and Theme Park Review? Considering how large the membership of this site is, the fact that we come from all over the world and we can primarily be classed as enthusiasts and since they posted that I bet hundreds of people have posted to the forums on here... I'm going to go with 'a SMALL Group of enthusiasts with nothing to better to do' as a more appropriate statement!

Honestly, on occasion I have seen posts by Robb that have seemed a bit harsh, maybe there have been times when I wouldn't agree with Robb about things but I think anyone who has actually taken the time to read half of what is on TPR and knows what the site is about can work out that he is genuinely a nice guy with a good sense of humour who is giving a heck of a lot to the enthusiast community through trips, videos and this site. These people should give him a break, considering he goes to work, looks after and spends time with his wife and kid/s and does all the normal stuff as well as running this site and everything that goes with it, really he deserves a bit more respect than flame posts and low digs about his family - shame on them!

Not that you're worried by all this I am sure but I really want to show my support and say: Keep Up The Good Work Robb (And Elissa and the Mods!)

Matt

much like herpes, this thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Many days later, a complete, well put together explanation by Wes, and some people STILL don't get it. Amazing.

I've watched a couple of wooden coasters methodically be taken down over my lifetime, and helped out on one of them. These people do realize all they are buying is, well, the frame, system, and trains right?. It's virtually impossible and impractical to save the track bed. So on top of a few trucks, a storage building, and 300k, they are going to need an engineer, designer, contractor, and lots and lots of money and wood to put humpty dumpty back together again. I mean look at the little dipper in Chicago, I haven't seen that one in person, but followed the pictures posted around the community where there appeared to me that a nice portion of the wood structure was completely replaced for one reason or another. (If I'm wrong on that one, let me know) Just because you got the thing for less than 10k, doesn't make it a good investment, especially with no plan, no experience, no land to put it up on, and no money. Maybe the museum folks down in Arlington will appreciate the donation of a train and a piece of track for display purposes...just sayin

I mean look at the little dipper in Chicago, I haven't seen that one in person, but followed the pictures posted around the community where there appeared to me that a nice portion of the wood structure was completely replaced for one reason or another. (If I'm wrong on that one, let me know) Just because you got the thing for less than 10k, doesn't make it a good investment, especially with no plan, no experience, no land to put it up on, and no money. Maybe the museum folks down in Arlington will appreciate the donation of a train and a piece of track for display purposes...just sayin

You are right on the Little Dipper, most of it was new wood. The total cost of moving a wooden kiddie coaster 45 minutes and rebuilding was around a cool million. This was a coaster that ran 6-7 months before the re-open by a park that took care of the ride.