TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Well, it's a very good investment...Just look, nobody went to GL in 2004, and with WWK it raised the attendance by 19%. I believe when SFGAm got theirs, their attendance rose 28%. It attracts a lot of people and families, and like I said, it's a very good investment for a park to make.

Hmm, seems like GL got rid of most of their chain restaurants in the park. I don't know about that. I'm just curious if they are putting any shops at all in Phase 2 of the waterpark.

Well when I talked to Bart earlier this year, it seems like they want a TFGIFriday's at EVERY Cedar Fair park.

Just like Coasters. And Gameday Grill.

I may be wrong here, but I know the GL area fairly well. I think there's a TGIF right across the street from the GL. If not there, than a half mile down the road. Aurora road aka RT 43 has no lack of restaurants, which is why Pizza hut did not do well there (there already is one, about 1 mile away where the food was priced normal.)

In close proximity to the park, there must be at least 15 places to eat.

I don't see where food would help GL at all.

Right across from the park, they put in a mall. scattered around the mall is a Ruby Tuesdays, Bob Evans, TGIF (i think), a Carrabra's, and a couple of others.

Now if the park would put in a Great Lakes Brewery franchaise, that would be cool. I could see it on the old SeaWorld side, over looking the lake. Huge outdoor bar... damn, now i'm thirsty.

It's not a mall, it's a huge outdoor shopping center. There's no TGI Friday's, and no Carrabra's. There is indeed a Ruby Tuesday's, and Bob Evans, along with a few fast food establishments, such as Mcdonald's, Subway, and KFC.

They are building "Phase 2" as we speak, which will include a Target andHome Depot. I can only imagine what restaurants will open on that site.

There isn't a TGI Friday's anywhere near the park, there is an Applebee's though.

^No, the outlet mall is South of the park. This shopping center is right across from Geauga Lake. The second phase will be right across from Geauga Lake Road, North of the main gate.

Bottom line, the park needs a full-service, sit down restaurant. Better food variety/selection would also be nice.

^Well... it's good to hear they are finally doing SOMETHING with the area. During the winter time at SeaWorld, we always ate at the employee cafe. If there was something closer, it would of been nice to get out of the park every once in awhile.

I need to make a visit back out there. In a weird sorta of way, I kind of miss living in Kent. Of course... It's no Northern California either.

Only if we had Bob Evans, BW3's and Panini's out here.

^The area is developing drastically. Within the past few years, they've created the Signature of Solon, an upscale housing development with a private golf course, the shopping centers, of course, and they're also expanding Aurora Rd. Another massive project is being developed on Aurora Rd. and Pettibone; no idea on what it could be though.

During the winter time at SeaWorld, we always ate at the employee cafe. If there was something closer, it would of been nice to get out of the park every once in awhile.

I totally know that feeling, one can only eat so much fried food without seriously having to take some time off that stuff. Same thing at my park too during the summer we can't leave, but during the winter we can, although are usually offered all the leftover food from the summer.

Pettibone's getting wider. My girlfriends mom lives on it and is losing about 25 feet off her front yard. I love Signature. lol Modest Living starting at only 350,000.

The other Aurora rd project is, last I heard, another mall where the horse track used to be.

God knows, if GL gets sold, goes under, whatever, they'll just build another mall, a CVS or a Walgreens. Maybe a Home Depot.

Phase 2 is going on the site of that old racing track, and it will include a Home Depot.

The park won't go under. The place has been around for a century, despite constant change in management and all of the turmoil that came along with it. Cedar Fair is heading the park in the right direction by bringing it up to their standards, but it will take time, and people need to be patient.

On a different note, im surprised Wyandot Lake is still in the SF chain. Being located next to a successful zoo, I would imagine they'd be willing to pick the place up (they already have WL's carousel).

^The area is developing drastically. Within the past few years, they've created the Signature of Solon, an upscale housing development with a private golf course, the shopping centers, of course, and they're also expanding Aurora Rd. Another massive project is being developed on Aurora Rd. and Pettibone; no idea on what it could be though.

Probably another Super Kmart or Wal-Mart

yaaah... stupid double posting.

Yeah, it's a Home Depot with built in McDonalds, CVS/Walgreens (there's so many in Cleveland I'm surprised they haven't merged yet), and.... um....

A Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut/Long John Silver's.

On a different note, im surprised Wyandot Lake is still in the SF chain. Being located next to a successful zoo, I would imagine they'd be willing to pick the place up (they already have WL's carousel).

I was recently thinking the exact same thing. I used to live minutes from Wyandot Lake, and the Zoo was pretty popular in that area. They even share the same parking lot, it would seem like something SF would consider. I personally wouldn't want to see this happen, unless they saved the coaster.

I think Cedar Fair is just taking their time to bring GL to their level. They certainly have different aspirations for the park than SF, but I don't think they want to do a sudden and total makeover of the park.

I was recently thinking the exact same thing. I used to live minutes from Wyandot Lake, and the Zoo was pretty popular in that area. They even share the same parking lot, it would seem like something SF would consider. I personally wouldn't want to see this happen, unless they saved the coaster.

I think Cedar Fair is just taking their time to bring GL to their level. They certainly have different aspirations for the park than SF, but I don't think they want to do a sudden and total makeover of the park.

No... I don't think it would be good for GL if that happened, either. It's pretty much stayed the same my whole life, with a few coaster and waterpark additions... if they did a major overhaul, I think it would turn off a lot of people. Like all parks, some of us grew up with GL and it would be sad to see any major changes.

-Amanda

• 1 month later...