TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Oh please. Most of the locals thought the park was closed already. Don't go boohooing about how the locals are going to care. If they cared, they would have had their butts in the park and it wouldn't be closing.

Couldn't have been said better. Noone really cares except for a few people and the ones that want to bash Cedar Fair. This place died after Sea World was shut down. That was before Six Flags took over.

Let's face it, they sandbagged the park.

Look at it:

Remove the shows, remove the animals (CF didn't want the hassle, no sweat.) remove two coasters, put in over-priced cabanas as an up-charge, put in a new waterpark, when the one there seemed to handle a higher capacity.

Raise the price this year and we got CornHole.

yep, we got CornHoled alright...

I thought cornhole was an insult when they announced it. "oh yeah, yank two coasters and give us a tossing game to replace them???/ !!!!?????

The other thing that this closing will do is hurt Cedar Point's platinum sales.

Having a second very nice and less crowded park so close to CP with the water focus was a great option to get people to extend their CP trips and spend some more money.

When we went this summer, we were shocked how pretty the park was with the coaster on the water and how well themed it was. We actually enjoyed it more than CP.

We were pumped up to buy the platinum pass with the free parking in order to plan another trip to both CP and GL. Now that GL is gone, it is actually cheaper for us just to pay for CP tickets.

It was a very nice park, and one that CP gave up on too quickly.

I just wish I could have visited during the Six Flags era.

Look at it:

Remove the shows, remove the animals (CF didn't want the hassle, no sweat.) remove two coasters, put in over-priced cabanas as an up-charge, put in a new waterpark, when the one there seemed to handle a higher capacity.

I thought cornhole was an insult when they announced it. "oh yeah, yank two coasters and give us a tossing game to replace them???/ !!!!?????

You are so right. I notice a shortage of locals willing to applaud this "business decision". So maybe Six Flags was more to blame in the downfall of Geauga Lake for overexpanding it. But Cedar Fair took on the task of trying to save the park, and they didn't seem to give it much of the old college try.

Moving rides to parks where they are more appropriate is good business, but not giving the locals something to make up for the loss is not good business.

Cedar Fair could make this Park their Premier Water Park for the North of Ohio. They should keep the "Big Dipper" due to it being a Classic coaster.
That dosen't say much when there are only 2 waterparks in Northern Ohio excluding WWK.

Besides Pioneer, what other one is there?

(not including the sandusky area)

Just cuirous which one i missed.

Cedar Fair could make this Park their Premier Water Park for the North of Ohio. They should keep the "Big Dipper" due to it being a Classic coaster.
That dosen't say much when there are only 2 waterparks in Northern Ohio excluding WWK.

Besides Pioneer, what other one is there?

(not including the sandusky area)

Just cuirous which one i missed.

That would be Boomerang Bay at Kings Island also owned by Cedar Fair.

Look at it:

You are so right. I notice a shortage of locals willing to applaud this "business decision". So maybe Six Flags was more to blame in the downfall of Geauga Lake for overexpanding it. But Cedar Fair took on the task of trying to save the park, and they didn't seem to give it much of the old college try.

Moving rides to parks where they are more appropriate is good business, but not giving the locals something to make up for the loss is not good business.

Most locals didn't even go to the park. LOL

it was in no way Six Flag's fault at all for expanding it like they did! Seriously, they knew Cedar Point was an hour west of it, they HAD to make some big additions to compete with CP if they were to be successful, and the additions they made were quite superb, so SF did there job and then realized later on that it wasn't working so they did the business thing and sold it to CF who basically destroyed it. SF did what they needed to do as a business too, unfortunately it didn't work, taking a gamble can have that result.

it was in no way Six Flag's fault at all for expanding it like they did! Seriously, they knew Cedar Point was an hour west of it, they HAD to make some big additions to compete with CP if they were to be successful, and the additions they made were quite superb, so SF did there job and then realized later on that it wasn't working so they did the business thing and sold it to CF who basically destroyed it. SF did what they needed to do as a business too, unfortunately it didn't work, taking a gamble can have that result.

So, with that being said, shoudnt Six Flags take some crap too since they gave up on the park? They are just as guilt as Cedar Fair if you guys want to place unnecassary blame on either of them. The park didn't stand a chance and Cedar Fair is finally going to do the smart thing.

not really saying as though they are 2 completely different park chains that rival each other...Besides, me along with many other people agree that the Six Flags ownership of this park blew away Cedar Fairs, I loved what they did to it, now CF destroyed it, I don't care if CP is near by, this park had potential.

not really saying as though they are 2 completely different park chains that rival each other...Besides, me along with many other people agree that the Six Flags ownership of this park blew away Cedar Fairs, I loved what they did to it, now CF destroyed it, I don't care if CP is near by, this park had potential.

The addition of four coasters by Six Flags in one year sealed the deal.

Gee do you think the Opryland one seemed more important because you are from Tenn? As far as visiting the other park because GL lives through them, no thanks. I'll continue with my plans of spending as little as possible for CF parks.

I'm not from Tennessee, I just live here. Quite literaly, everyone who lives here misses Opryland. I never got a chance to go; I was in kindergraden when it closed!