TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Here's what I've been told-

WOF will get Americana and Beaver Creek

DP will get Steel Venom

KD will get Dominator

KI (might-I don't honestly know) might get Villain but don't quote me on that.

VF will get Skyscraper, Time Warp, and El Coronado

KBF will get Double Loop

KBF will get Double Loop? HAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah. They're going to follow up the extreme Xcelerator, relatively huge Silver Bullet, and wackily unique Sierra Sidewinder with a 1977 Double Loop.

Please. We all know Double Loop is scrap metal.

KBF getting Double Loop is as likely as Cedar Point putting in Headspin.

OK, this officialy blows. There's no way I'll be able to make it back there before the end of this season.

Your post is about 3 weeks too late...

Whoops.... I had no idea they already closed. Last I knew they still did Halloween stuff and closed a little after that.

Oh, and on the Double Loop thing... it would be cool to see KBF get it, just so I can ride it again, but.... I highly doubt it too.

You can have Double Loop. It was one of the roughest Arrows I've ever been on!

Honestly this is a bit of a shock that the WHOLE ride side is gone.

I thought what they'd do is have a small collection of flats, Big Dipper and maybe Thunderhawk just to give the families something to do besides the water park.

Oh well. Glad I got up there this summer.

My bids for the rides would be (for Carowinds):

Dominator (ain't gonna happen I know)

Yo Yo - I love swings and we lost ours to PGA

Ferris wheel - I love them and we don't have one

Villain - If they put PTCS on it (probably wouldn't happen) then send it here. Otherwise, burn baby burn!

^Wes I couldn't agree with you more on the PTC thing.

I would say that I am a little disapointed that this has happend, I can't say I am all too surprised. If anything, I am just glad that it is possible for many of their rides to be relocated. We all know the destinations (those already done, already confirmed, and most likly to happen) of X-Flight, Steel Venom, Dominator and Thuderhawk. I would say that the idea of head spin at Kings Dominion is not as bad an idea as others may think. If they have it with the boomerang part facing the midway, I think it could look pretty good there. As for the other five, Beaver Land Mine Train probably has a good chance to be relocated, and off all the woodies, Villain probably has the best chance since it has the steel structure. I don't see Raging Wolf Bobs, Double Loop or Big Dipper (which saddens me greatly) going anywhere accept either the dump or scrap yard.

I too like others will miss the place, but I am not as anti-Cedar Fair about it as others are.

How are you shocked? I saw this coming for quite some time. They have been removing rides for 2 years! I dont know anyone that visisted this park frequently. I went one time in my life and I would probably never go again. The water park idea is the only thing that could make this park successful. If they could make it the best water park in the state then maybe people will come.

How are you shocked? I saw this coming for quite some time. They have been removing rides for 2 years! I dont know anyone that visisted this park frequently. I went one time in my life and I would probably never go again. The water park idea is the only thing that could make this park successful. If they could make it the best water park in the state then maybe people will come.

sarcasm

A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, “Oh, you've arrived exactly on time!”

^^Anyone who would blatantly insult a classic coaster deserves all of the pain they receive.

I don't know why I like this coaster- when I rode it in 2005 it was just awsome- a top 10 woodie for me. While when I rode Blue Streak (CP) it fell out of my list- which together with Mean Streak gave me the idea for my handle- i.e. what is left in your pants after riding either of the --Streak coasters (or for those rich people who can afford them- what is left in your underwear).

Had the park not been purchased by Cedar Fair, who knows what would have happened, but i believe having the rides park open for five more seasons is better than a possible zero.

Here's what would have happened if Geauga Lake wasn't taken over by Cedar Fair...Kennywood would have taken over the park and actually took the time and effort to improve upon the rides side before moving onto bigger and better things like a new waterpark. They would have done a lot more than a few paint jobs on a select few rides, an addition of new games and picnic pavilions. Hell, it's been four years now and I could easily have seen KWP investing in new rides as well. So quite frankly, the park would have been a lot better off not being purchased by Cedar Fair. Because quite frankly, it would have been taken over by a much smaller company that ensures that ALL of its park receive equal attention year in and year out.

Do you have any proof that this would have happened. I honestly can not see Kennywood making such a foolish purchase. The park was a wreck. Kennywood goes after small parks like Lake Compounce and Story Land that can handle slow but steady growth. Gueaga Lake was so large that slow and steady growth was not much of an option.

^^Anyone who would blatantly insult a classic coaster deserves all of the pain they receive.

I don't know why I like this coaster- when I rode it in 2005 it was just awsome- a top 10 woodie for me. While when I rode Blue Streak (CP) it fell out of my list- which together with Mean Streak gave me the idea for my handle- i.e. what is left in your pants after riding either of the --Streak coasters (or for those rich people who can afford them- what is left in your underwear).

I have my opinion and you have yours. I'm sure there are coasters that I like and you hate, but I don't go around saying things like that and wishing pain upon people. You're messed up man.