TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

^Accually there have been surveying markers up for about a month in skyscrapers old spot.

Well, I recently took a trip to Geauga Lake, and saw this in the waterpark parking lot. They're probably just storing it there until they are ready to move it to Dorney.

Oh, cool! I guess they got more done than I thought they did, because I thought the ride was still standing and that nothing was going on at it's new site. Won't be long until there's track in the parking lot at Dorney. I wonder what the new name would be or if it's staying the same?

I would imagine that you'll get a new name and maybe new color scheme as well as that's what they did with X-Flight and in all honesty, X-Flight would have fit in "theme-wise" where it is currently in "X-Base".

• 1 month later...

"Flashback" should be sold to another park instead of getting cut-up, it is the only one of it's type in the world, this makes it so unique.

I've never rode "Psyclone", don't know how rough it was, but MM could of re-tracked it and given the coaster some TLC with new trains.

It's quite sad to see any woodie coaster get torn down even if it is ranked as one of the worst on the planet.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out these rumors from Screamscape:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_dominion.htm

Dominator - Rumor - (8/27/07) Several sources have now confirmed hat Dominator, a B&M Floorless coaster from Geauga Lake (formerly known at Batman: Knight Flight) will be coming to Kings Dominion, placed just to the left of the park’s main entrance area, somewhere behind the Toonpike and in the area near the Berserker, the picnic area and bus parking lot.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/michigan_s_adventure.htm

(8/27/07) We’ve now heard confirmations from other sources backing up the story that Thunderhawk (Vekoma SLC) from Geauga Lake will be coming to Michigan’s Adventure. No word yet on if this year will just add the new coaster or if they’ll add that new back pathway as well.

I just want to say that when CF bought this park I totally called that "If they stripped this place of all it's good rides, they'll have new additions for other parks for years to come!"

I predicted it would take 5 years for the park to get stripped down to either nothing but a water park or close completely.

How many years has Cedar Fair owned them now?

--Robb

Living in England (UK), I have not had the chance to visit Geauga Lake. I would like to ask:

Why is this park not needed and why does it seem wrong that CF took it over..?

Should Geauga Lake be closed down...?

Geauga Lake looks like a good place to spend a day with a great water park and some coasters, if CF remove the coasters, they can add new ones over the years to make the park become more popular.

The Park could do with a Mini "MF" or "Magnum XL200".

Dominator is one of the few reasons for going to Geauga Lake. That is my daughter's favorite ride there. I was going to go to CP on Saturday, but am thinking about going to GL to get a few rides on Dominator. Perhaps all the people on the east coast tour next year will get some ERT on Dominater at KD.

Man the demise of GL is just a self-fulfilling prophecy now. Why doesn't old man Kinzel just admit that he hates having coasters so close to his precious? Because from this vantage point it looks like they're not even giving the park any chance.

As someone who goes to Kings Dominion fairly regularly, I would have to say that it would be awesome if they would get another major coaster like Dominator. The only bummer is that I already have the credit.

As for MIA getting Thunderhawk, while I wish they could get something better, Thunderhawk is actually not a bad SLC. On the business side of things, this could be a great addition for the park since many people that are not enthusiasts may love it. I think that if this is in fact the plan, they should put it along where the rumored back walkway is going, to make for a new major ride to go along with the new path.

This could be great for the two parks getting the coasters, but I can't help but feel this may be one of the final nails in the coffin for the ride side of Geauga Lake. Granted they would still have 6 coasters (Big Dipper, Head Spin, Raging Wolf Bobs, Beaver Land Mine Train, Double Loop and Villain), but these coasters don't seem to be the more popular ones based on the two times I went and what others have shown here. That and while people said they thought the front looks empty without X-Flight and Steel Venom, I would guess that the area where Thunderhawk and Dominator are now would look just as empty.