TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

Mark it isn't just you. I had a friend at GL yesterday that told us it happened. He said the train is covered with a tarp and that no one was injured when it did happen.

I didn't find anything on the net about it either, but it really shocked me to hear that it happened.

^ and it's you too. I didn't see anything anywhere about this, If you weren't there and heard it from a friend it's likely to be 98% rumour and 2% Truth.

Yeah, the dude who sells amusement rides for a living is getting his info from the Dippin Dots man. Lurk and learn.

^ and it's you too. I didn't see anything anywhere about this, If you weren't there and heard it from a friend it's likely to be 98% rumour and 2% Truth.

Yeah, the dude who sells amusement rides for a living is getting his info from the Dippin Dots man. Lurk and learn.

Well, sorry. I didn't know that and I sometimes make mistakes and everyone does.

Sorry, I stand Corrected.

This sucks...No Raging Wolf Bobs for me now when I go to CP and GL in late July. Atleast this may be an opportunity to get new trains.(PTC tisk tisk) Good to hear that it wasn't a big disaster. This is a big blow for CF though. First Magnum, now this.

Seriously? Boo! Hopefully they can get it back up and running by next month, if at all. I finally get to go up there and it's down? And what will the GP think? 3 of their coasters just got removed from the park in the last year.

Sounds like its starting to come together. I called GL and asked what rides were not operating today, she said that the only ride that was down was Raging Wolf Bobs. However, when I asked her if it would re-open at a later time in the year and she said "Later? Its going to be open tommorow..."

-Alex

Actually, it is the one from Legend, as the cars have the closed fronts on them. Villain's trains (and the third one used on RWB) have the open bars on the front of each car. I rode RWB in the former Villain train somewhat before the incident, and noticed the ride was pretty wild on some turns, but not really uncomfortable. I also saw a fast glimpse of the train (then covered up) from riding Dominator...

Well, I was at GL yesterday, and I can assure you it is no rumor. It was quite sad seeing the tarped train on the track.

I was thankful that we slept in yesterday and didn't go into the park until well after it happened. I'm not a nervous nilly rider, but seeing that might have dampened the day for sure.

I rode this thing a few weeks ago. Although it wasn't particularly rough, the ride has a really poor appearance. Wanting for paint, of course, doesn't necessarily mean that the structure is unsound, but it does hint at the maintenance policies of the park.

As much as I'd like to see an Intamin woodie at Cedar Point, I think Cedar Fair should just give up on wood. They suck at it. I better go ride Renegade soon before it falls apart.