TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

That's what I am afraid of if it goes to Dorney. I feel like Laser is almost done anway since there seems like a good chance if not X-Flight then it will be the GCI in 2008 and the Laser area seems like the part of the park where it would go. I really would hate to see anything happen to Laser especially since it's portable to it could be re-located elsewhere in the park easily (though I don't see that happening).

According to Screamscape, Dorney is planning on keeping Laser, and even giving it some major re-hab:

Park News - (11/7/06) Screamscape has heard that during the off season Laser will undergo a major rehab that will involve a new lift hill motor, the addition of magnetic brakes, and repainting. The talk is that they will change the color scheme a bit... but nothing firm was known about exactly how much of a change it will be or what colors may be involved.

I still think that the only CF park that really makes sense to get X-flight is MiA, it seems Screamscape agrees:

2007/2008 - X-Flight - Rumor - (11/27/06) The only thing firm about this rumor right now is that X-Flight is being removed from Geauga Lake to be sent to another Cedar Fair park. However, despite early rumors pointing a finger at the strange and rather “too close” location of Kings Island, it seems that rumors are starting to pop up that the coaster may end up at Michigan’s Adventure, a location that makes a hell of a lot more sense to me. A ride like X-Flight would be a major draw for this smaller park that hasn’t seen a major coaster installed in quite some time. The park is also far enough away from Geauga Lake that it will be a new ride for most of the guests. Anyone know more?

I heard something about footers popping up at PKI behind flight of fear. I wonder now which is true, or it they are both getting something.

Actually, both are true. I just got a personal email from Dick Kinzel and he said that they're actually cloning every piece of steel used on X-Flight. The original is going to PKI and the clone is going to MIA.

It's true. Dick Kinzel told me.

I heard something about footers popping up at PKI behind flight of fear. I wonder now which is true, or it they are both getting something.

Actually, both are true. I just got a personal email from Dick Kinzel and he said that they're actually cloning every piece of steel used on X-Flight. The original is going to PKI and the clone is going to MIA.

OMG it is reproducing gee what wonderful news. And going to one of my closest parks I am so happy.

You cannot be serious! Can't they just buy a new clone and send it to MIA? Well it looks like X Flight is going to PKI and MIA would be getting nothing, so there goes the MIA X Flight rumor :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I would love it to go to KI, and they could tear down SoB to put it up. They could even burn the timber to keep the workers warm during the winter. I just think it makes the most business sense to put it at MiA, which attracts many locals to its waterpark but not as much to the amusement side (many people I know up there buy season passes for only the waterpark), and with a big steel coaster in the amusement park, I think many locals would spend more time in that section of the park.

-James Dillaman

Don't get me wrong, I would love it to go to KI, and they could tear down SoB to put it up. They could even burn the timber to keep the workers warm during the winter.

-James Dillaman

I agree I was really impressed by BORG at PC, and I really wanted to try out X-Flight for those barrel rolls and helix. If SOB is kept open and X-Flight comes...Ill be even more happy. Name change? Color scheme change? Or even...dare I say...theme?! (if it comes to PKI)

Thoughts?

^ X-Flight is not that great. I don't even like riding it as the Vekoma restraints put weird pressure on my ankles, and it's not very comfortable to ride. Add to that spending half the "flying" coaster lying on your back, and it's one that I feel one could do without. The only reason I would like to see it come to KI is my fiance likes it When she's happy, I'm happy.

-James Dillaman

I would like to see it come to PCW. We have a park with a bunch of mediocre coasters - why not add another. Plus the lines are always long and this could make some lines a little shorter. They have lots of room (by IJST, Dragon Fire, Wild Beast for example) that would fit a ride like this. People around Toronto would totally get excited about this. Also - PCW has added some sort of attraction every year for the past (Who knows) years, this would be a quick fix to maintain this trend.

David

How bout the coaster go to MIA.

-Why would you put a coaster at PKI thats around 3hrs away from Gl, people may notice its the same coaster

-PCAW already has a flying coaster so whats the point of another one

-PGA had a flying coaster and another one is coming back

I hate to say it, but I don't believe in any way shape or form that X-Flight will be going to any other park then Kings Island. This isn't just because its my home park, its because I have heard that it is scheduled to go to Kings Island from the get-go of this rumor.

Your all jealous

I agree I was really impressed by BORG at PC, and I really wanted to try out X-Flight for those barrel rolls and helix. If SOB is kept open and X-Flight comes...Ill be even more happy. Name change? Color scheme change? Or even...dare I say...theme?! (if it comes to PKI)

Thoughts?

The barrel rolls aren't anything special. If anything, they hurt your arms and legs from the centrifugal force. It's a fun ride, but it certainly isn't a top ten coaster. I'd rather ride Dominator or Steel Venom.

And it does sort of have a theme.

I'm pretty sure it's themed to an air force base or something like that.

Tmcdllr - Yeah, but it's a good Vekoma (unlike its neighbor across the path and its evil cousin just across the park).

I would like to see it come to PCW. We have a park with a bunch of mediocre coasters - why not add another. Plus the lines are always long and this could make some lines a little shorter. They have lots of room (by IJST, Dragon Fire, Wild Beast for example) that would fit a ride like this. People around Toronto would totally get excited about this. Also - PCW has added some sort of attraction every year for the past (Who knows) years, this would be a quick fix to maintain this trend.

David

I've ridden X-Flight. PCW is that last place I hope it comes.

Why waste the litle space we have available for a crappy old coaster?

And people around Toronto won't get excited for this. They don't get excited about anything PCW does.

Maybe they should just transplant SOB to GL. Then, when it burns to the ground it would take out the whole park in one big whoosh.

Then, Cedar Fair could open Solon Farms. Solon Farms would be a new (aren't they all) shopping experience with gorgeous (again, aren't they all) lake front views and a stunning (don't ya just love the word 'stunning'?) boardwalk. Some of the rides would stay, giving it a Mall of America flavor.

Could be fun...

Jealous? Its a vekoma.

Your jus jealous man

Hardly.

I've ridden Stealth (PGA) it was ok, yeah the flying thing was cool and all. But then I rode Tatsu, and you CANNOT COMPARE the two! I actually don't miss Stealth after riding Tatsu- it was just awesome! Tatsu is everything this Vekoma ride wants to be but can't ever. So no, I am not jealous. If you are looking forward to this 'mediocre' IMO flying coaster, then good for you but you have not really ridden a good flying coaster until you've been on a B&M. I don't mean to bash this ride as I thought it was the greatest thing when I first rode Stealth and I'm sure this ride has great things about it in it's own Vekoma way but it's just not as fast, smooth, comfortable, and overall enjoyable as the B&M flyers. But if THIS was the ride my home park was getting I would not skip it when visiting.