TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

^ I think Geauga LAks' has been removed. Demon Drop at Cedar Point possibly has not(depends on if it's been sold or not).

Though Demon Drop's days are numbered regardless of if it's sold or not.

We probably won't know for sure until the next season begins.

Hey guys Just to let you know I started the topic on the 23 rd about GL's Free Fall the topic is called Intamin Drop Tower's It is a little different cause I asked how many First Generation Towers were left. So now I will ask it here does anyone know in my topic I have three responses. Thanks For your help.

^ For what I know, there is only three left. Freefall @ SFMM, Demon Drop @ CP, and Mr Hyde's @ GL. I really hope they reopen Freefall for Tatsu's opening, seeing as I have never been on it.

---Brent 8)

Well maybe you should read other threads before stating that:

1) Demon Drop - CP

2) Freefall - SFMM

3) Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall - GL

4) Free Fall - SFOG

5) Wildcatter - SFOT

6) Galaxyland (Think this was removed tho)

7-?) Few in Japan still running.

1) Demon Drop - CP

2) Freefall - SFMM

3) Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall - GL

4) Free Fall - SFOG

5) Wildcatter - SFOT

6) Galaxyland (Think this was removed tho)

7-?) Few in Japan still running.

Galaxylands was replaced by an S&S spaceshot.

Also there is a park in Mexico with a first gen (and GD)

• 10 months later...

This board has (happily) not been involved in the rumor side of this piece of news, but now that it is official...

www.cleveland.com/newsflash/cleveland/index.ssf?/base/news-28/116418647144830.xml&storylist=cleveland

X-Flight is leaving Geauga Lake for another Cedar Fair park.

Anyone know what one?

Mike

Edited by larrygator

I wish he would have just said where it was heading. Let's do process of elimination:

No Ways:

Dorney - New stuff too obvious with Planning Commission

Valleyfair! - Building wooden coaster

Knott's - Building family coaster

Cedar Point - Maverick

Great America - Already had one of these!

Carowinds - Already HAS one of these!

Doesn't Make Senses:

Canada's Wonderland - Already has (nasty) flying coaster

Kings Dominion - Just rec'd coaster in '06

The Rest:

Worlds of Fun

Kings Island

MI Adventure

The parks that are left are odd, IMO. Kings Island seems somewhat close to Geauga but the parks do serve different markets. WOF just rec'd a coaster so that seems odd, too. And MI Adventure still seems like it wouldn't receive a ride of this size, but then again, it is used at this point thus reducing the capital involved.

Time will tell I guess,

Mike

According to Geauga Lake Today, this quote says it might go to PKI.

He was also able to see who the van belonged to as the van drove away later on and noticed it was from a company called Berding Surveying. First question - why would a company be surveying a fully built ride? After further research we have found that Berding is located out of Milford, Ohio, which is a suburb of Cincinnati.

I wouldn't be surprised if Geauga Lake goes away within a few years, not because of attendance, but for cost cutting. Cedar Fair will sadly pull off an "Astroworld" on this park.

Canada's Wonderland - Already has (nasty) flying coaster

Tomb Raider is drastically different then a Vekoma flyer though.

That being said I don't see it going to Wonderland just because there's not a whole lot of room for a ride with that footprint.

Makes sense to send it to PKI. I mean nearly all of PKI's roller coasters hurt like hell, so may as well add another one to the list.

I reckon this could be quite a wise move by Cedar Fair. Geauga Lake was saturated with coasters (X-Flight was shoehorned into a car park in true Six Flags style) after they moved in to the park and somewhat foolishly try and compete with Cedar Point. Now that Six Flags have disappeared off the map of Ohio, Geauga Lake desn't really warrant having that many coasters in the park, especially when attendance hasn't been spectacular.

MJHammer, first problem with your post, you name non-Cedar Fair Parks. It's certainly not going to any of those, as the article said.

I rode X-Flight this summer. I was not impressed. Ops were horrible and the ride was just OK. I can see GL turning into a water park more than anything. Wildwater Kingdom was packed while the Park side was empty. It's sad though, as I really enjoyed the park.

According to Geauga Lake Today, this quote says it might go to PKI.

He was also able to see who the van belonged to as the van drove away later on and noticed it was from a company called Berding Surveying. First question - why would a company be surveying a fully built ride? After further research we have found that Berding is located out of Milford, Ohio, which is a suburb of Cincinnati.

I wouldn't be surprised if Geauga Lake goes away within a few years, not because of attendance, but for cost cutting. Cedar Fair will sadly pull off an "Astroworld" on this park.

HA!!!! I *called* this one when they bought the park, but nobody believed me! No one would want to listen to crazy "realistic" Robb say that "It's only time until they start parting out the rides to other CF parks..." Everyone thought I was insane and didn't know what I was talking about....

Honestly, why would it be "sad" if they closed GL? They would move all the good rides to other parks, and it seems like it would put another dying park out of it's misery.

Now granted I haven't been there since CF took over, but from what I understand they have kind of just let the park go and it's not really supported by the locals. Have there been any real improvements other than the water park?

Seriously, if they got rid of the rides side of the park, and kept it as a "Soak City" would the locals really care? It seems like most of them just go to Cedar Point if they want rides anyway....

Anyone from the area care to comment?

--Robb "While I don't see them closing the park anytime soon, I also don't see this park having a long life span in it's current form..." Alvey

No Ways:

Dorney - New stuff too obvious with Planning Commission

Valleyfair! - Building wooden coaster

Knott's - Building family coaster

Cedar Point - Maverick

Great America - Already had one of these!

Carowinds - Already HAS one of these!

Maybe CF would give it to GA for that exact erason? Wishful thinking