Poll: What is your major?

Kennyweird

What is your major?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. What is your major?

• Agriculture
    • Architecture
    • Ethnic/Cultural/Gender Studies
    • Arts (performance, theater, visual, etc.)
    • Biologic/biomedical sciences
    • Business
    • Communications/ Journalism
    • Computer/ Information sciences
    • Education
    • Engineering
    • English
    • Family and Consumer sciences
    • Health/Safety/Clinical Sciences
    • History
    • Language
    • Law/Criminal Justice
    • Liberal arts and sciences/ humanities
    • Math/Statistics
    • Natural Resources/ Conservation
    • Recreation/Fitness
    • Culinary
    • Philosophy/ Religion
    • Physical Sciences
    • Psychology
    • Social Sciences
    • I didn't attend college.
    • I haven't graduated from high school yet.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Communications right here... gonna be a pr person!:p Its fun though, I am a good writer and I choose interesting topics, but dont go overly boring with it. You just cant take it too seriously, cause no one hates being talked down to or to have a pretentious douche talking to them.

I'm in a semi terrible situation though. I took the "placement test" in high school and it showed I was in the "gifted" category for my communications and english language skills, but pretty much retarded(I'm not being mean, literally) in mathematics. I also cannot be diagnosed as it would be incredibly small, but I have signs similar to autism, such as being very good with words but being shitty with numbers, but I am obviously very high functioning, so it is not an official diagnosis, but yeah. The good news is I kick ass at my major, the bad news is that I have to get through on general ed, then well see.

• 4 months later...

When college comes, I hope to Major in Mechanical Engineering and Minor in Civil Engineering if I can (you can basically guess what career I'm striving for).

My first college choices would be University of Central Florida or Florida Institute of Technology (provided I get a scholarship, FIT is expensive). However, I'll take any college in Florida with a great engineering program.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one degree in Physical Science Education and another in Chemistry. I am currently working toward my PhD in Organic Chemistry. I would like to continue in medical research, geared specifically toward polymer Chemistry.

I'm pretty sure I'll major in either English, Urban Planning (and Civil Engineering) or Culinary, once I've reached University. I'm top of my class in English; and after all, the language is so fascinating (to me). I'm also semi-obsessed with subterranean transport, and city infrastructure in general. I also cook

I hate saying I've been out of high school for 4 years already and what I want to do with my life is still a big "if."

I understand, but in today's world where people change jobs every few years, and career changes are commonplace, who cares? I'd wager very few people, even among college grads, are truly dedicated to a field. I find college can actually widen one's scope - there are fields that I never would have imagined I would like that I'm now interested in.

I do like when I run into people from hs who give me odd looks when they find out [i'm 25 and] just now entering my 3rd year of college. I think to myself how much I money make and just ask them how the job market is and when will they be done paying their student loans..

I hate saying I've been out of high school for 4 years already and what I want to do with my life is still a big "if."

I do like when I run into people from hs who give me odd looks when they find out [i'm 25 and] just now entering my 3rd year of college. I think to myself how much I money make and just ask them how the job market is and when will they be done paying their student loans..

That's why I went into a flexible field like Marketing, I honestly don't know where I could go with it. There are quite a few intern opportunities for a lot of different types of businesses.

• 2 months later...

Right now I'm in my sixth year of majoring in Hospitality and Tourism Management with an emphasis in tourism and marketing, as well as a second major of Computer Science with an emphasis in media development, and a minor in Advertising and Public Relations. Should all go according to plan, though, I'll graduate in April and won't have to go back. *whew*