TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mystery USA GCI Project?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok, I will let you all off the hook. A few years ago I hit pay dirt in the stock market (before the colapse) and I bank rolled the money into short term CD's. I bought 40 acres out in the middle of nowhere, USA, to build a house on and to satisfy my love of Prowler when I wanted it, I called up GCI and said, design me a Prowler, but make it longer and faster. They drew one up, put together a model and a computer simulation, after which I handed over 10 million. They broke ground last week.

Sounds Legit. Can I Ride On The First Train?

sure, no problem

^I was just dumbfounded to hear from this poster that somehow, in the middle of removing Hypersonic, building Dominator, re-theming the park to Snoopy, and building I305, they had also planned to build a GCI coaster in a field completely off the beaten path behind two other wooden coasters.

While I'm certainly intrigued to find out what the actual project is (my money is on the building that someone mentioned earlier), threads like this make me cringe, because everyone just says their home park. So why not? I think this is getting built at Carowinds next year, maybe inside the giant infield next to Intimidator.

^ you know, I was starting to lean towards a building as well. The only thing that is throwing me off is that the rebar is sticking up above grade every few feet, but, there isn't a second set of them in view which makes me think building. (not to mention the rebar sticking above grade doesn't look to be close enough together for footers for a GCI crafted piece of perfection.)

^I was just dumbfounded to hear from this poster that somehow, in the middle of removing Hypersonic, building Dominator, re-theming the park to Snoopy, and building I305, they had also planned to build a GCI coaster in a field completely off the beaten path behind two other wooden coasters.

While I'm certainly intrigued to find out what the actual project is (my money is on the building that someone mentioned earlier), threads like this make me cringe, because everyone just says their home park. So why not? I think this is getting built at Carowinds next year, maybe inside the giant infield next to Intimidator.

Steve. Don't be so harsh. Don't know that GCI has already broken ground with another woodie right next to Terminator at SFMM? Maybe this is that project. I dunno. I'll go to the park tomorrow and see if I can find out anything.

--Robb

No no no your all wrong that's Castle Park in Riverside, Ca , I hear it will have a massive rose bowl over the 91 freeway and run so close to the Kaiser hospital you'll be able to see live births from the triple down.

But seriouly it's odd this is going on in a park in the US and no ones reported anything , usually the first signs of spray paint people start screaming giga coaster yet full blown construction is going on here and nothing . Where could this park possibly be Alaska? even then I believe there would be a TPR memeber to report this even in Alaska lol

No no no your all wrong that's Castle Park in Riverside, Ca , I hear it will have a massive rose bowl over the 91 freeway and run so close to the Kaiser hospital you'll be able to see live births from the triple down.

But seriouly it's odd this is going on in a park in the US and no ones reported anything , usually the first signs of spray paint people start screaming giga coaster yet full blown construction is going on here and nothing . Where could this park possibly be Alaska? even then I believe there would be a TPR memeber to report this even in Alaska lol

Are there even parks in Alaska? >_>

Obviously it would not be listed on their site but I looked anyway. The only thing there is an unknown 2010 project for China, which actually looks pretty awesome.

I have no idea what the mystery project is but this could be for a building, maybe for a station and not necessarily part of the track. I hope its for CGA but.....

I am doubting that it is for a building....If they posted this pic, and follow up with more construction pics, does everyone really think they would intrigue everyone like this, getting them ALL excited over a building at their facilities, just to be let down that its not a coaster, casting more doubts on future projects which they would tease us on...you know, the "boy who cries wolf" syndrome.....I think its for a coaster, perhaps a new coaster for HRP, a good woodie so whoever owns the property can try and convince the public for a third time that the park is worth going too.