TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Cedar Point! Aug 10-12

Alrighty! Well I've been back for a few days and Im ready to write a little TR..

My friend Kim and I met up with my friends Carrie and Em in Ohio on Weds we stayed at the Breakers Express.

I'm not really sure why we stayed here, I guess it's because we were lazy and didnt want to drive far but all in all it was a really nice place. We were only really in the room to sleep and didnt go to the park early because we chose sleep over early entry. Overall it was nice and clean, the pool was nice, and it wasnt all that expensive! The only thing that sucked was the first night we were there there was a boil water alert in place, but the hotel was nice enough to give everyone bottled water to brush with and all that.

We did Twilight on Weds and Fri (Friday was DEAD.. WEIRD) and did all day on Thurs.

It was Kims first time ever to Cedar Point and the best coaster she ever rode would be Storm Runner at Hersheypark which I forced her on a few weeks back. First up, Millenium Force!

Millie: Kim was scared, and unfortunately our first ride would be in a light rain. Millie was running GREAT though. We waited about an hour and 15 minutes to get on. Not too bad. Awesome coaster and still easily my favorite steel.

We took cover for a little and had some food by Iron Dragon. Then we headed back towards Gemini.

Gemini: After the great first drop, this ride was rough! I'll stand by my hatred of these types of trains and blame it on them. There is an awful vibration and jerkiness and the trains make it 10 times worse because they are like concrete. I like to get beat up on coasters (I love Wildcat at Hershey to no end) but this is a different type of pain. Anyone agree with me? Gemini was a 2 train wait.

Wicked Twister: Such a great coaster. The wait was about 30 minutes and all I remember is hearing Carrie freaking out behind me when we were getting airtime. We rode a few days later in the very back of the train and that was WAYY better. Definately the 3rd best coaster at CP IMO.

MAXAIR: Em and I werent too sure about this ride. Usually spinning makes me sick, but all I can say is WOWWWWWWW. What a great ride. It doesnt spin that much to make you sick, just to get you on the bottom on one rotation and on the top the next. The airtime you get if you are at the top just right is sick! I'm definately a huge Maxair fan.. I really hope some local parks get one of these sometime in PA.

RAPTOR: A great ride until the VERY END into the brake run where it just plummeted out of our groups favorite list and into the trash can. We were in the next to last row.. and then the train looks like it WRECKS when it goes up into the brake run.. it is that violent. Ouch. Just made me appreciate the Great Bear more .. and of course Dragons! Kim, who loves inverts was let down huge by Raptor... something that most amateur coaster riders rarely are.

IRON DRAGON: I have a softspot for this coaster. I dont really know why. Its pretty boring but it has a decent finale. I liked it. It was funny when Kim got off she said "i need something more thrilling that Iron Dragon".. sort of like RCT.. I was in shock.. this coming from a girl who a month ago thought 90 feet was high.

DISASTER TRANSPORT: We all agree this ride is begging to be torn down. What ever happened to the boardwalk project?

MAGNUM: I've always have not been a fan of Magnum. Em and I sat in the next to last row, Kim and Carrie behind us. I actually was pretty impressed with Maggie this year. It doesnt compare to Intamin hypers or Millie.. but it had its moments. However, it had some moments of vibration.. just like Gemini that were pretty painful. I can only imagine how much this would kick butt if they got new modern trains..

BLUE STREAK: Sweeeeet.. I love how small Blue Streak looks and how its usually overlooked by guests. But this is definately the hidden gem of Cedar Point. Crazy airtime and hardly ever a wait!

DRAGSTER: Alrighty... time to talk. Dragster was down most of the night on Weds, and part of the day on Thursday. We were coming from the main midway and we saw Dragster go up a few times and rushed over on Weds night. We waited about an hour for what should've been a 15 minute wait. No big deal! I've waited FARRR LONGER to ride this. They were lauching one a minute.. maybe.. and had to reset the ride a decent amount.

This was good and bad. It was annoying having to wait thru the downtimes and the slow launching (they even had techs pushing the trains to the launch area for a few trains, so I assume it was a motor problem). I was awesome though when we sat there on the launch looking at the tower for over a minute! Kim was freaking out.. but she did good and had her hands up after the launch. GREAT RIDE. It is one of the few rides that still get my stomach..

That brings me to a question, are there a lot of people out there who dont get that "stomach in ure throat" feeling anymore? I've been on 156 different coasters, and worked on one for a year.. so maybe I'm desensitized or something. Anyways, It's always a nice surprise to get that feeling.

On Friday we rode Dragster in front.. waited only an hour!

Alright, we also did some other rides, Power Tower (15 minute waits), Mine Ride, and some other ones... but on to the pics!

[/b]

Carrie.jpg.20367866308b6d3703b33362040669dd.jpg

The local Cracker Barrel on the other hand.. SUCKED!! Our waitress was miserable, she messed up everything. The good thing is we ate for free! Even tho the manager was an A-hole too.

Friendlys.jpg.08eef1df82243cea104df516c75c05d6.jpg

Em and I at dinner.. Friendlys ROCKS!! And its open til 1am in Sandusky.

FirstAid.jpg.8d7f4537d29cd48264b93682242b52dc.jpg

Kim was stung by a wasp waiting for Maxair.. at least Cedar Point wasnt overrun by bugs this trip like a few years ago..

CarrieKimMaggie.jpg.1df178a7c622de29b8ffd4b32528195b.jpg

Kim and Carrie ready for Magnum

Raptor.jpg.8de9d743800833da222c5e690079f011.jpg

Raptor, its car wreck ending definately made this plummet in my Inverts..

1733181724_WickedTwister.jpg.2b377389d30dd089eb3f2cba74e14087.jpg

Wicked Twister at night, I like night shots..

MAXAIR.jpg.18715c261c3b3f8ebbc1084870e3eade.jpg

MAXair.. Amazingggg ride. I didnt even come close to puking.. which was nice.

Dragster2.jpg.60f2f766e4abbf7cd423ab0117ca17f5.jpg

A one trick pony yes.. but definately my favorite coaster under a minute long ;)

Dragster.jpg.2fc6a74b3a0df4ce96fb6cfc94a366f3.jpg

Dragster was running GREAT on Friday, and had some issues Weds and Thurs.

Millie.jpg.9b770b5b60e2cf173c7b42c4989d0e08.jpg

Millenium Force.. the view from the ramp, I always associate this with CP..

749344552_CP20050003451.jpg.020c82214d6048686544325f82d7121f.jpg

YES! Finally here after 7 hours of driving!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more pics

Midway.jpg.f4e65586d8c0a1e92e80b2be5e903162.jpg

Walking around the park.. this was right before we rushed to Dragster seeing it test (at 9pm.. when the park closed at 11pm.. when most parks would give up for the day)

560294410_CP20050013.jpg.99aff33593b5fea1e5cfe58b24130120.jpg

At Friendlys.. it said that Hotdogs contained Milk.. that led to a lot of obscene things..

PowerTwoer.jpg.e0dc7b90741baf8144efc56d349efb2d.jpg

Power Tower goodness.. only a 15 minute wait when it was decently busy at the park.. when did that happen?

S.jpg.8c9db699b9d1fde6e00aa29078916609.jpg

There's nothing worse than going to a restaurant and it being closed when you are STARVING.. Boo to Perkins.

199717961_CP20050008.jpg.2054af4045da2c5eb6a3094c71808979.jpg

Feeding the local wildlife.

Group.jpg.274907b7b8c978bf631164127b140283.jpg

anddd one final shot of all of us. Great trip!

I also noticed how Raptors brakes ruin the whole ride.. its so smooth.. and then CRASH...

Magnum had amazing airtime, but the lapbar was hurting my legs and crushing my cellphone in the pocket..

I also agree that Wicked Twister is an amazing ride.. I dont think it gets enough apreciation.. and there is NEVER a long line for it.

maXair is just coolness... Its good to ride after you get wet.. because the air just drys you really quick.. and the best part is the front seat view of you falling to the ground.. but I only got that view once out of 3 rides..

Dragster was down when I was there..

And whats the deal with Mantis always having the huge lines? I didnt find it that good.. it hurt me..

Hope you had a nice trip and nice pictures.. I plan on going again soon.

And whats the deal with Mantis always having the huge lines? I didnt find it that good.. it hurt me..

Actually on Friday, I expected it to be crazy and insanely busy, but there were hardly lines for anything. We rode Dragster and then Iron Dragon, and then Mantis was a complete walk on. Thank god because I would never wait more than a walk on for a stand up.. so I was happy.

I agree with you though, Mantis is a death machine. I had a decent ride on it this time, I had just enough room that I could stand in a way to not feel so impotent after the ride. The sad thing is though, I hate stand ups, but I liked Mantis better than Raptor :shock:

Maybe Raptor is only a front row coaster now.

But yeah.. Friday.. WT had a 15 minute wait max, MAXAirs tiny queue wasnt full most of the time, MF and Dragster were an hour.. so it was a nice definately unexpected surprise to see the park that empty on a Friday. It did downpour for about 30 minutes and that cleared the park out even more.

Eric

Hey thats awesome, glad you had an awesome time! About the "Stomach-in-your-throat" thing... When I ride a rollercoaster that has a curved first drop I don't usually get that feeling, but when I ride one with a straight drop, the feeling usually comes back, something to do with forces im sure.

Too bad Cracker Barrel sucked... Friendly's is awesome, we ate there every morning in Orlando.

Nice TR! Great angles on some of your shots. So are all 3 of the girls yours?

Wally "I miss Friendly's" Weiss

Haha.. nope not all three... as much fun as hanging out with three girls at Cedar Point sounds.. lets just say I could wake up, take a shower, watch Sportscenter, take a short nap, and then wake up and they'd be ready to go! I didnt mind though.. obviously.

As long as I didnt have to carry purses I'm happy and still consider myself a man.

Eric "no tampons for me" Geiple

Great TR. I was there on Wednesday (10th), and we took cover under the Aquatic Stadium when the wind part of the front blew through. I might have seen ya there!

We were over watching the little kids on the bumper cars when it was raining! At least I think.. I'm sure we passed right past each other tho.

Eric

Actually on Friday, I expected it to be crazy and insanely busy, but there were hardly lines for anything. We rode Dragster and then Iron Dragon, and then Mantis was a complete walk on. Thank god because I would never wait more than a walk on for a stand up.. so I was happy.

I agree with you though, Mantis is a death machine. I had a decent ride on it this time, I had just enough room that I could stand in a way to not feel so impotent after the ride. The sad thing is though, I hate stand ups, but I liked Mantis better than Raptor :shock:

Maybe Raptor is only a front row coaster now.

But yeah.. Friday.. WT had a 15 minute wait max, MAXAirs tiny queue wasnt full most of the time, MF and Dragster were an hour.. so it was a nice definately unexpected surprise to see the park that empty on a Friday. It did downpour for about 30 minutes and that cleared the park out even more.

Eric

I completely ignored Iron Dragon. I was waiting in line for Mantis and Iron Dragon looked like it was going about 35 MPH tops.

Other than that, I did pretty much everything. Even got myselfz a 8 dollar MaXair Cup