TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense Rides You've Been On

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either 'Intimidator 305' or 'Batman: The Ride' would win the intensity cake. Even though i only rode i305 once, I was amazed by just the sheer raw power and speed that thing ran, and this was after the trims were installed too! I could only imagine what a brake-less ride would be like...

Batman on the other hand is relentless positives throughout the entire ride. The tight first drop into some speedy inversions, and no MCBR! It still hurts my legs alot, but Batty always gives a thrilling ride.

The Revolution swinging ship that goes upside down at PGA(now Endavor) at CGA. I first went on it summer 1993 approx I was so scared I thought I was going to fall out. I didn't go on it again until 2002 & one or two times after that year. It is intense every time especially when you are swinging from side to side almost ready to go upside down. I'd love to go on it again but I can't go on swinging/spinny rides anymore.

Voyage - intense from chain release to brake run. Leaves you rather breathless.

Laser - for a small Schwarzkopf this packed a punch. I greyed out on the second loop every time. He was a genius.

Ravine Flyer II - not as intense as Voyage but night rides on this can be insane.

Superman (SFGAm and SFGAdv) - while the layout may be meh the pretzel loop makes up for it. I can only imagine what Tatsu's massive pretzel loop is like.

Batman - any Batman is intense though I thought SFStL's was a bit more intense than the others (or is it that I'm getting old).

Titan - Those helix's are just crazy!

Batman: The Ride - The whole ride is intense...I gray out every time.

Boardwalk Bullet (1st night) - We didn't think it would open because it was storming pretty bad, but we still wanted to go see if they would. When we got there it was still raining but they were running it! The ride was really insane when it first opened.

Taz's Texas Tornado - The drop and first 2 loops were so intense the few times I was able to ride it. Those accordion like-OTSR would crunch down on you during those loops!

• 2 months later...
intimidator 305, no contest!

Agreed.

2nd place would have to go to Afterburn @ Carowinds. I am always simply amazed of how intense that ride is (back-row especially) for a B&M!

3rd place would have to go to Volcano @ KD... That launch, turn, second launch, and flip out of the mountain is still one of my favorite moments on any coaster I've ever been on!

Honorable Mention would have to go to Dragster @ CP... Very nice launch!

Now if XLC was still around it would definitely be up there... that launch was SO forceful!

Not sure why but lately, especially after reopening that Invertigo seems to feel more intense depending on what row I sit at. Lately, I've been sitting at the very back row (end seat, backwards first) and when going through the boomerang element and loops, I've began seeing gray spots and tunnel vision. I've also felt my head get locked into a position during the vertical loop. Afterall it does pull 5 g's.

And CGA's White Water Falls...yes, it' a standard water ride but that double dip plays no games. The airtime is crazy especially with no restraints to hold you in. Normally I would be one to put my hands up but on this one (especially if it's a full boat) I will hang on as my butt is ejected off the seat leaving me practically standing up.

Lastly, Flight Deck at CGA...pretty intense, usually get tunnel vision/start graying out after the first loop. The ending helix is pretty powerful too.

Not sure why but lately, especially after reopening that Invertigo seems to feel more intense depending on what row I sit at. Lately, I've been sitting at the very back row (end seat, backwards first) and when going through the boomerang element and loops, I've began seeing gray spots and tunnel vision. I've also felt my head get locked into a position during the vertical loop. Afterall it does pull 5 g's.

And CGA's White Water Falls...yes, it' a standard water ride but that double dip plays no games. The airtime is crazy especially with no restraints to hold you in. Normally I would be one to put my hands up but on this one (especially if it's a full boat) I will hang on as my butt is ejected off the seat leaving me practically standing up.

Lastly, Flight Deck at CGA...pretty intense, usually get tunnel vision/start graying out after the first loop. The ending helix is pretty powerful too.

Invertigo has always been like that, if you sit in front row that runs through backwards first when you hit the vertical loop forward it is brutal

airtime:

1. el toro

2. boulder dash

3. magnum (yes, i loved it in 2010)

4. maverick

High gs:

1. superman uf SFGadv

2. Montu back row (specifically the climb to the mcbr)

3. kingda ka/ttd launch (the feel the same to me)

4. batman (1st loop into zero-g or 2nd flatspin)

but, the scariest moment on a ride IMO is the climb up the first spike on deja vu

• 2 years later...

Not exactly the most obscure choice from me but I would have to also go with the voyage. Just raw speed, power and intensity from the top of the lift hill to the brake run. After riding it last Saturday night during holliwood nights, I had to go sit down and take a break in between rides because I was just out of breath when we came back to the station.