TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense Rides You've Been On

TTD/KK that launch, the up and over is a few seconds of pure coaster heaven

I305 that first drop and those twisties

Skyrush shooting up the lifthill and being literally thrown into that drop AIRTIME!!!

El Toro again that first drop and the airtime galore

Green Lantern is just freaking insane those sudden gut wrenching drops and flips just leave you like

Scandia Screamer lol looks like a big carny coaster but that thing hauls major a$$, it hit's those flat turns so fast I thought it was going to leave the track the lats are insane and with those sudden ejector air drops this is one deceiving evil little coaster and it's awesome.

Manhattan Express the theme of this thing is down right perfect , what better city to put a coaster that leaves you feeling like you've been drug into a dark alleyway then beaten and robbed

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say that X2 is the most forceful coaster I've ever ridden - it's so different from anything else I'm used to on the east coast at Hershey, Dorney, or Great Adv. It scared the bejeezus out of me the first (and second, hehe) times I rode it. That moment right before the brakes where you feel like the ride is trying to throw you off was terrifying. The rest of the ride is all a blur... but I still love the thing!

Fun-intense:

1. Maverick — nearly winded me!

2. X2 — especially toward the back

3. Green Lantern — packs a wallop for a little coaster

Honorable Mention: Apocalypse at night, Blue Streak after a rain

Uncomfortable-intense

1. Judge Roy Scream — rode in the very back and it felt like my innards were being ground up. One long ouch.

2. Ghost Rider — too rough these days

3. Alpengeist — I love the B&M inverted coasters, but this one made me feel a little sick.

HM: Titan — greyed out on both helixes.

• 9 months later...

Five years ago, I had the misfortune of riding this, without really seeing what

the ride cycle was. Silly me. And I don't care about spoilers. The damn thing

slows down and you "think" that's it and you're out. Nope. Speeds up again

and really throws you over for a few.

At my then current age - I couldn't do a repeat. So on a return visit to

Linnanmaki park in Helsinki (thanks TPR), I taped it this time.

Just after it's slowed down....

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=MVI_6055_mohr[/coastertube]

Five years ago, I had the misfortune of riding this, without really seeing what

the ride cycle was. Silly me. And I don't care about spoilers. The damn thing

slows down and you "think" that's it and you're out. Nope. Speeds up again

and really throws you over for a few.

At my then current age - I couldn't do a repeat. So on a return visit to

Linnanmaki park in Helsinki (thanks TPR), I taped it this time.

Just after it's slowed down....

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=MVI_6055_mohr[/coastertube]

OMG. This ride was awesome. I'm a flat ride enthusiast as well as a coaster enthusiast. My feet kept slipping off the foot platform during the ride cycle and I thought to myself "my foot is going to get chopped off." This ride was absolutely insane. Loved it.

X-Scream at the top of the Stratosphere. Seriously though ... the height was to much. It feels like you're traveling at light speed when you go over the edge.

I feel you. I ask myself to this day why I rode that contraption. I was freaking out the whole time and was severely winded by the time I got off. Sigh. Never again.

Montana Infinitum at La Feria de Chapultepec.

Watched the video again, OMG that thing is insane!

It does look great. And so does mindbender at edmonton mall. I would really like to try one of these more intense schwarzkopf coasters as the only one I've ridden was soopersooperlooper and it's more of a family ride.

Got to be The Voyage for me. Everytime I ride it I need a good 10-15 minutes to recuperate. I get off feeling a little woozy and need some dippin dots (well placed dippin dots location Holiday World) to get my bearings again. The back half is just crazy intense with speed and then the spaghetti bowl is icing on the cake. Love it, but I definitely think it is the most intense ride I have ever ridden. Oh, and I have learned to never enter the Plymouth Rock Cafe right after getting off Voyage. The smell is just too much after getting off the ride. Need at least 30 minutes off the ride before I can go in the Cafe.

Edited by spidermonkey317