TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense Rides You've Been On

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I easily grey-out on a lot of coasters, so I could name a lot of intense coasters for me ! However, Id say that the most intense ride experience I've been on is Kingda ka and Top Thrill Dragster. The one I've had the biggest grey-out is Millenium Force.

I only greeted out on Titan's upwards helix. I think Maverick is the most intense coaster I've been on and it is different from Titan. For me, Maverick is the comfortable type of intense(I got NO issue about the restraint at all and rode it 14 times during ERT) but Titan is uncomfortable and it is really not my type of ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I rode Skyrush I have to pic that one. It's so intense, high positive and negative Gs, incredible pacing, it never lets down for a single second and the transitions are so fast you only get time to take a breath at the very end. Even on the Stengel dive (as long as you take the left winged seat) you get massive airtime! It's also one of the only two coasters that have made me grey out on one of the rides I took. Breathtaking!

Rides:

Top Thrill Dragster is hard to beat in sheer intensity (but more intense, in my view, than Kingda Ka because of the lap bars)

El Toro is up there as well.

Batman

Portions of Rides

The little section of Kumba from the heartline (or whatever it is) into the drop and the cobra roll is pretty intense.

The Beast's helix.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of all the coasters I've ridden, one from my home park, Untamed, really takes the intensity cake. Really damn intense, from inversion to inversion, without letting up. Especially the transition from the final Heartline, to turn, to switch into final tight helix right into the brakes. Leaves me dazed and confused every time.

Bizarro is of course a must, and for me, Kumba is also very intense, judging from the utter blur of a ride experience it left me after I rode it. Everything after the Zero-G Roll (but, of course, everything before it, for that matter) is B&M heaven, especially the interlocking corks and the following final helix full of positives.

Outlaw Run at SDC. I rode it opening day and as the season has gone on, IMHO, is the most intense coaster I've ever ridden, and I've been on 315. By intense I don't mean almost black you out, I mean never gives you chance to catch your breath, you're moving left, right, up, down, sideways, overbanked and being inverted. Now that they have adjusted the restraints (and I was worried as I'm 6'5", that I may not be able to ride again) it's my favorite coaster.

• 3 weeks later...
Batman clones are brutal on a good day, but Boulder Dash on a good autumn night probably takes the cake.

I would have to agree with you, I got on Boulder Dash Sunday night in the back and I was just speechless at the end of the ride. The laterals on the drop and the turn around were unlike anything I have ever experienced. And the airtime in between was just yummy. On top of that it was only my second ride on it so i didnt know the layout.It took a day to sink in but I think Boulder Dash is my new favorite coaster.

• 2 weeks later...