TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense Rides You've Been On

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Skyrider: (Togo standup... Only ride I've ever grayed on, & the airtime is crazy too.. Also on the trick track, if you're in the front left, you feel like you'll hit the fence next to the path, & the last bunny hops before the breaks get you by surprise. Added bonus, the ride is only rough in the corners, which is pretty amazing for a Togo that's been around for nearly 30 years)

2. Drop Zone: (Intamin Senond gen Freefall...only ride that still scares me a bit)

3. Chance Zipper (Run by World's Finest Shows): With the right op at the controls, this ride probably pulls about 5G, & also has some crazy ejector air. Also some crazy moments pinned against the door while being flung toward the ground, preying the deadbolt holds)

4. Mindbender (West Ed. mall): (Shocked that I didn't grey on this, & also a bit disappointed w/ the lack of airtime, but still a crazy ride)

5. L306 (Leviathan): (The first drop is crazy, & about halfway down, you feel like you've reached terminal velocity... But you just keep going! )

It will be interesting to see how Vampire at La Ronde ranks against the bad boys listed above after my La Ronde trip this summer. I hear BTR clones are very intense.

Edited by ultradude306

Wooden wild mouse at Blackpool Pleasure beach. Nothing that I have been on slams you into the sides of the car as hard, pushes you as far out of the seat or hurts your backside at the bottom of drops than this ride.

I love it.

I forgot about this one.

I agree with the pretzel loops on B&M flyers, but found Manta more intense than Tatsu.

Intimidator 305 is the only ride I've greyed out on, so that's my most intense. I can't wait to go on Dodonpa.

Insane with no weight balancing rules applied made me scream like a little girl.
Green Lantern ripped my face off, so Insane would definitely make me squeal as well..its on my bucket list now

I305. Made me grey out every time. Random tip: I find turning your head towards the direction of the turn helps with avoiding a greyout. Helped me with Ride of Steel and Goliath SFMM.
This will work on almost anything..the greyout is caused by the G forces forcing the blood out of your head..if you turn your head in a direction that prevents it, you wont grey out. On a helix, turn your head so that it is straight up and down with the ground (for example on Goliath at SFMM, tilt your head left, toward the car). On inverted coasters with vertical loops with high Gs, tilting your head back works.

Titan at SFoT - That helix definitely will cause grey outs

X2 at SFMM - Insanely intense

Weiner Looping at Boardwalk and Baseball - I greyed out on this thing

Top Thrill Dragster at CP - can't beat that open seating with just a lap bar and a great view of the lake

Iron Rattler - Best pacing ever in a coaster. Keeps up the intensity until you hit the brakes with a huge pop of air and laterals.

So far, all three of mine are/ were at SFMM, but I am sure that will change after the midwest tour:

Deja Vu- not sure where it is now, but I was shaking after getting off that ride. Loved every minute; sad to see it leave the park.

X2- gets me every time.

Lex Luthor Drop of Doom- 405 ft free fall...lost my mind. One time only ride for me

-Maverick in the back row on the first drop always makes me see black dots.

-Batman: The Ride at SFGAm is small but still very intense. I sometimes start to grey out on the loops.

-The Beast's double helix finale shakes the cars side to side in the tunnels. It's a lot of fun!

-Hades' tunnel (both trips) tosses you around but it's still one of my favorite moments on any roller coaster.

-HellCat (formerly Avalanche at Timberfalls) is very deceiving. It may not look tall, but this is one of most out of control rides I've been on in the back row.

I was hoping a topic like this would pop up. I have often wondered to myself what indeed is the most intense coaster I've ridden. I guess for the overall coaster I'd go with:

- BATMAN SFMM for its high Gs through the inversions and helixes

- X2 simply for its crazy concept and terrifying first drop

- XCELERATOR for its launch and high speed overbanked turns

For intense experiences during a ride I'd like to mention:

- The final helix on SILVER BULLET

- The "grey-out" helix on GOLIATH

- The pretzel loop on TATSU

- The crazy violent ride and ejector airtime on DESPERADO

- and the slingshot feeling on the first drop of APOCALYPSE when riding at the back

Again, hearing all these amazing things about B:TR, I'm EXTREMELY pumped for my trip to La Ronde, which has a B:TR mirror clone. As I've said before, i like my rides really intense, and this sounds amazing, as it seems like a smooth and intense ride.

Although I haven't rode it, I've heard that the slingshot (reverse bungee) rides) are extremely intense, and from what I understand, La Ronde also owns one. Has anybody been on one of these, and if so, how was it?

I can testify that, yes, reverse bungees are very intense and fun too. Last one I rode was about ten years ago and had the old style seats where the attendant strapped you in with nylon belts, as opposed to some of the newer ones I've seen with the over the shoulder restriants found on coasters like Montu etc. Night rides are best as you're shot into the dark and the spinning as you come down has you seeing the lights below on the ground before seeing the dark sky as you're flipping. Intense!

1.) Intimidator 305

2.) Intimidator 305

3.) Intimidator 305

Nothing comes close to equalling that ride's intensity (at least nothing I've been on).

So far, all three of mine are/ were at SFMM, but I am sure that will change after the midwest tour:

Deja Vu- not sure where it is now, but I was shaking after getting off that ride. Loved every minute; sad to see it leave the park.

X2- gets me every time.

Lex Luthor Drop of Doom- 405 ft free fall...lost my mind. One time only ride for me

The first time I ride a free fall was on Lex Luthor and it is the first time I got relly terrified on a ride

Having been on Maverick for the first three times two days ago, my top vote for intensity goes to it! Second to that is I305, and third is probably backseat on Wicked Twister thanks to the sudden upward turn going backwards and the twist.

Speed Flip on the local fair in 2008 in Leuven (Belgium). Really, this flatride was insane, a real puke ride that can speed up like crazy!

Geeze!... That looks pretty intense, however, with my experience on ride by that manufacture (I believe it's Moser), I found I really don't fit they're restraints all too well, & would be in for some major headbangaing

Still looks like an interesting ride tho, & I'd probably try it if I came across one at a fair or park.