TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney Vacation Club

Foxy Roxy

I've yet to check around TPR but I've done a couple of searches on Google/Bing about the Disney Vacation Club and have only gotten more and more confused. So me and my friends went down to Disney World with another two friends, brother and sister, and their family who are Vacation Club members and Premium Annual Passholders. We had stayed at Fort Wilderness in a Cabin, whilst the DVC members stayed in their RV. Between the parks, services, and overall quality, we were floored. It was an incredible week and we're already planning our trip for next year for Senior Week. The aunt of my friend, who also went down with us, inquired about joining because we loved it so much. However, the way they explained it was extremely confusing. I've also looked around and have found nothing I could comprehend.

My questions are;

1) Could someone explain the whole system in a rather simplified manner?

2) If we were to seriously look into joining, because we are not related, can we still join as a group?

3) If so, if say my family and my family alone were to go down separate from the rest of the group, could they still piggyback off of my benefits?

Nothing is concrete as of now but we are looking into it.

EDIT: I understand that it requires an considerable chunk of change but I'd like to have a vacation every year. After all, it was my first visit to Disney World in 10 years which was also my last vacation.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^It was a joke. ("The Best Kept Secret at Disney" is one of DVC's marketing slogans.)

I don't know that I've ever seen a discussion of DVC on TPR. Not to say it hasn't happened - it's just not a big topic, here.

Almost all of my friends from another board are DVC members. In 5 years of seeing discussions about it, I still have trouble understanding it. It's ridiculously complicated, and never seemed like a good deal to me. From what I've been told, it's a good deal if you go to WDW every year and always stay in the deluxe resorts.

You buy a certain number of points, and use the points to reserve rooms on the DVC properties. The number of points vary, like hotel rates. We are actually going to stay in a Animal Kingdom DVC studio, the end of October, because one of my friends has points that are going to expire, that she can't use. It was 14 points for a Wednesday night, but would have been 16 points for a weekend night.

I know there is a buy-in price, per point, and there are also annual fees that get jacked up, every year - and they are not cheap!

There are plenty of sites that discuss DVC, but I'm not sure a simple explantion is possible.