TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Concept Ride: Devil's Flight

I was thinking about a cheap and effective way to create a thrilling ride for parks that have financial and space and height restrictions.

We all know that Alton Towers tried to solve the problem of money, space and height restriction by creating TH13TEEN, which we all know miserably failed in becoming the "Scariest Ride in the World".

I decided to work with the most compact and thrilling roller coaster design out there: THE BOOMERANG.

Track Length 285 [m] / 935 [ft]

Lift Height 35.5 [m] / 116.5 [ft]

Max. Speed 75.6 [km/h] / 46.98 [mph]

Nr. of Inversions 6

Footprint 88 x 30 [m] / 289 x 99 [ft]

Min. Height requirement 1.20 [m] / 47.24 [inch]

Nr. Coaches per train 7

Nr. Passengers per train 28

Nr. Trains 1

Also I took the theme of Final Destination 3 so that the theme of fear would be easier to establish in a smaller footprint.

So this essentially is an enclosed Standard Vekoma Boomerang, however there are several differences that make the ride much more thrilling than the standard model. The ride starts backward.

In the Station

Riders enter in the station to find an empty Retro Arrow/Vekoma Corkscrew Train. They find that the first car is out of order so they start loading from the second car on.

The Lift Hill

The ride starts forward with loud clanking sound of the chains below. The view around the ride is of a lit-up fairground. The train almost reaches the top of the lift hill when it suddenly slows down and stops. You hear metal supports creaking and the wind whistling by. Then all of a sudden the second car breaks loose from the front car and the whole train rolls back down the lift hill.

Ride Backward

The train goes backward, upside down. You hear blood curdling screams as the people on the ride begin to fall out.

Slowing Down

The ride finally slows down on what seems to be a steep hill.It must be stuck on a piece of metal. You hear someone suggesting to rock the train so that it could roll forward back into the station. You feel the train begin to move. "Clank," and the train drops forward.

Back into the Station

You finally come back to the station alive.

Here is a rough blue print of the first lift hill I drew just so that you get a brief idea. (I drew this in like 5 min, so bear with me)

Here you can see how the "broken front car" acts as the towing car found on Vekoma Boomerangs.

There are concept arts being drawn right now, so just you wait!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea, except of the people falling out thing, I dont think many parks would go for that. This seems like something that would work best indoors, or at least partially in closed to keep the fake front car more of a secret, which would make it scarier and seem more real for the riders. Another thing is maybe the first spike could be taller then it needs to be so it seems like the train breaks midway up?

Okay to clear things out...

This seems like something that would work best indoors

So this essentially is an enclosed Standard Vekoma Boomerang, however there are several differences that make the ride much more thrilling than the standard model. The ride starts backward.

I don't understand how people falling from the train would be so bad, they're just sound effects.

^Exactly

Still working on the artwork but I might abandon this idea and start a new one.