TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT 2]Kimeloff Amusements

A BRIEF INTRODUCTION

Before I show the park, I would like to give a 'brief' overview about how I came up with this, and how this thread will be run.

Because I needed an outlet to build coasters in, I decided to create a new set of parks, separate from MARF and Echenima. Thus the idea of Kimeloff was born. But, I felt like I had to tie it in to Echenima in some way, so I created a new character - Sinoda Kimeloff to be the manager and operator of this Amusement chain. First post exempt, all updates and replies will be written 'in character' from Mr. Kimeloff himself. When saying something out of character, I will use italics. Got that? Good. Now, here's the story of the Formation of Kimeloff Amusements:

Sinoda Kimeloff - MARF profile.

Sinoda Kimeloff was a MARFinvisionist (think imagineer) famous for being slanted towards the thrill side of attractions. Hence, Nova Voyager, Legend of Eureka, and PeRT were all in some way, shape, or form designed/proposed by him.

In mid February of 2010, during the annual proposal week - where select MARFinvisionist projects are greenlit to go into the parks - Kimeloff decided to try something different: build an all-out floorless over Britannia. However, Mike didn't approve, and the two had since been at odds for a month until Kimeloff finally had it and quit. As a result, MARF released the following public statement on March 13, 2010:

MARF is solemnly announces the loss of one of the MARFinvisonists (the "R&D" for MARF theme parks, like Disney's Imagineering and Universal's attraction development division) - Sinoda Kimeloff. No, he did not die. Kimeloff announced last week that he was departing the company for personal reasons. His contributions included PeRT, Nova Voyager, and Legend of Eureka, as well as his never-built Britainator.

MARF wishes him luck in whatever he goes into, and that he was a wonderful contribution to the company.

Kimeloff scoffed at the release.

Using what money he had left (about $9 million - MARFinvisionists are paid well), he decided to go compete against Echenima by going to a market Mr. Folf would never approach - the traditional amusement chain. While MARF would rely on entertainment and special effects, Kimeloff would rely on stock amusement attractions and thrills. It looked like a perfect match for Sinoda.

Of course, he knew he had to start small if he ever wanted to become the next Cedar Fair or Six Flags, so he set out some land by Fresno, California (he simply threw a dart at a map, and it happened to land there) on what would be the first Kimeloff amusement park.

And now, let's hand it off to Mr Kimeloff and the First Kimeloff Amusements in Central California:

-------------------

Sindoa Kimeloff

Ex MARFinvisionist and fan of Donkeys

Greetings TPR, I am confident you shal enjoy my parks. Now, enough of the wait, let us go to my park:

Here we have the entrance in classic Kimeloff colors.

To be honest, the pace here is a lot more relaxed than the extremely systematically programmed Echenima.

Park opening earlier was a success (far better than what a studio movie park would do), so I thought I'd add a little monorail around the park - called Skyway - because it is both cute and reminded me of the state fair when I was a child:

Sorry, I was trailing off a bit... how about some more rides?

Like a food court:

and a Midway:

as well as some flats:

Why not cool yourself down in Sindoa River Rafts:

and the highlight - Drako, a corkscrew coaster:

For the record, I had no part in the building of the coaster other than saying "I want a coaster here, and this is how it should be" only to get this note by several developers and engineers:

Please do not let Kimeloff build or design any major' date=' inverting coasters - he has no sense of physics and could potentially harm guests. See attached rendering of one of his projects, [i']The Britainator[/i], for evidence.

Thank you,

Micheal Folf

MARF

Folf, I hate you so much right now.

Anyways, any coasters you see had to get "several reality checks" before they could get approved. It's annoying!

The wooden coaster you see is called the 'Wild Rush'.

The kiddie area. With a Dark ride (about a cute, japanese-style cat), a (not pictured) Old-timers car ride, Tea cups, and a coaster.

And finally, may I present to you - Sore (a play on Soar) :

This flying coaster is sure to put us on the map. If not that, then we should get noticed for using a LSMs to power the launch.

*opens his newspaper, but gets distracted by an employee* Hmm? What?!Who opened the backstage gates?!

*yells to the employee next to him* Get those guests out of there, ASAP!

Now, where was I? Oh, right... *reads the newspaper, finds an interesting headline*

MARF Drops San Francisco for Orlando

This is great! I wonder if the land is available for sale....

Edited by Califolf

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sindoa Kimeloff

Ex MARFinvisionist and fan of Donkeys

Thanks for all the warm comments! Here's a teaser for you all:

Yes, since we are expanding the Kimeloff chain with a future park in San Francisco (thanks to me begging the City repeatedly to give me the ex-potential-MARF-land), the first park has been renamed 'Kimeloff Valley'.

That's it for now, Kimeloff out!

For your amusement, feel free to read the thread updates in some foreign German-Swedish-Dutch accent.

• 2 weeks later...

^ indeed.

Sinoda Kimeloff

Donkey Entrepreneur

Lots of new things in Kimeloff Valley. New thrills for you all to enjoy!

Like the Kimeloff wheel:

Not thrilling for you? How about the amazing view you'll get from the K Towers?

Okay, so our photographer was a bit off.

Maybe a ride on our new inverting coaster (still not designed by me >.<) - The Orange Steeler. Any relations to similar named rides are entirely coincidental.

Maybe get yourself wet on the logger?

Of course, maybe a loop-launch-thing we got somewhere will bring you loads of fun!

Meanwhile, I was just browsing through the guests window when I found something of interest, and I assure you that this was not modified in any way (save for the underline and arrow):

I see he's back...

And to end this post, how about an overview:

*gets a call*

Hello? What do you mean our Bay Area land is restricted?!

*hangs up*

Sinoda Kimeloff

= Insert clever donker comment here =

After much arguing and persuasion with San Francisco's City Council, I have been granted approval to start construction (under certain -bleep- conditions). Here are some previews of what we have in store:

• 1 month later...

Sinoda Kimeloff

= Insert clever donkey comment here =

Greetings once again! While We settle some red tape in the bay, we have something new and fun for you all in the valley:

I wanted something tall and fast, and the engineers gave me this - a 160 ft. tall Intamin Giga. I was slightly underwhelmed by the design, so I did what was allowed within my contract to do. I deemed it the 'Wild Fox' and chose the color design. Any allusions to a certain multi-media entertainment company ran by a crazy canine...fox...thing is completely coincidental.

Yeah... coincidence....

Complete coincidence. Yeah...

Um...

Take a look at that crowd!

Or how about some statistics?

*runs*

I hate to be "that guy" but I have a couple things to add in:

1. I love the park so far.

2. PLEASE add another side to the wall on your kiddie dark ride. I don't know why, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

3. Your trees don't seem to blend particularly well. They are all bunched together and you only have so many different trees.

4. Why are your coaster trains so short? This one isn't criticism, but just a question. Maybe I missed it in the story or something, but are your stations just short, or do you prefer shorter trains?

Again, I love the park! Feel free to ignore me if you disagree, but these were just what I noticed. Keep up the good work!

Some of the supports for the ride feel pretty unnecessary, especially around the MCBR. Don't get me wrong, it has a great layout, and it obviously attracts peeps.

I agree about the supports, but the layout.... I love it!

I hate to be "that guy" but I have a couple things to add in:

1. I love the park so far.

2. PLEASE add another side to the wall on your kiddie dark ride. I don't know why, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

3. Your trees don't seem to blend particularly well. They are all bunched together and you only have so many different trees.

4. Why are your coaster trains so short? This one isn't criticism, but just a question. Maybe I missed it in the story or something, but are your stations just short, or do you prefer shorter trains?

Again, I love the park! Feel free to ignore me if you disagree, but these were just what I noticed. Keep up the good work!

Very nice intamin, but not really an intamin type name is it? I mean all the intamins are like some sorta adventure type name/theme.

Perhaps I should've made the storyline (as any park I build/post will almost alway be written 'in story', so to speak) more obvious....

'Kimeloff Amusements' is written to be intentionally flawed and imperfect as well as a satire of amusement parks. The owner/creater/character, Sindoa Kimeloff, is written as an aspiring entrepreneur with no experience whatsoever, hence a slight hint of unrealism. This is designed in contrast to the MARF parks (Echenima, etc), and both chains' storyline tie in to each other rather closely. As such, I can easily understand why someone gets confused and/or skips over the extra details.

Why do I do all this extra stuff? Because it's fun! ^^

Card craze summed it all up. Tree uniformity is actually a pet peeve of mine. It's okay in moderation when the atmosphere calls for it but overused like that and it looks very hectic and gives a very unnatrual feeling.

As for the giga that looks like a very good layout and I love the diagonal track there. In RCT i believe you have to get alway from the square grids as much as possible and use diagonal everytime when you have the chance.

No land is COMPLETELY flat. And rides like your log flume desperately need lanscaping. It's always nice when the log flume looks perfectly natrual on a hill. And please take off at least 5~8 boats on that log flume. I don't like when i ride a log flume the previous flume is only 3 or 4 feet away from me. It takes away from the experience.

These corrections are only minimal and only take little time to fix. I love the park so far and you're a crazy building machine Calilof. Keep up the good work!

• 5 weeks later...

Due to outright criticism and confusion, I figured it's best to repost the backstory to this park:

I needed an outlet to build coasters in, I decided to create a new set of parks, separate from MARF and Echenima. Thus the idea of Kimeloff was born. But, I felt like I had to tie it in to Echenima in some way, so I created a new character - Sinoda Kimeloff to be the manager and operator of this Amusement chain. First post exempt, all updates and replies will be written 'in character' from Mr. Kimeloff himself. When saying something out of character, I will use italics. Got that? Good. Now, here's the (slightly updated) story of the Formation of Kimeloff Amusements:

Sinoda Kimeloff - MARF profile.

Sinoda Kimeloff was a MARFinvisionist (think imagineer) famous for being slanted towards the thrill side of attractions. Hence, Nova Voyager, Legend of Eureka, and PeRT were all in some way, shape, or form designed/proposed by him.

In mid February of 2010, during the annual proposal week - where select MARFinvisionist projects are greenlit to go into the parks - Kimeloff decided to try something different: build an all-out floorless over Britannia. However, Mike didn't approve, and the two had since been at odds for a month until Kimeloff finally had it and quit. As a result, MARF released the following public statement on March 13, 2010:

MARF is solemnly announces the loss of one of the MARFinvisonists (the "R&D" for MARF theme parks, like Disney's Imagineering and Universal's attraction development division) - Sinoda Kimeloff. No, he did not die. Kimeloff announced last week that he was departing the company for personal reasons. His contributions included PeRT, Nova Voyager, and Legend of Eureka, as well as his never-built Britainator.

MARF wishes him luck in whatever he goes into, and that he was a wonderful contribution to the company.

Kimeloff scoffed at the release.

Using what money he had left (about $9 million - MARFinvisionists are paid well), he decided to go compete against Echenima by going to a market Mr. Folf would never approach - the traditional amusement chain. While MARF would rely on entertainment and special effects, Kimeloff would rely on stock amusement attractions and thrills. It looked like a perfect match for Sinoda.

Of course, he knew he had to start small if he ever wanted to become the next Cedar Fair or Six Flags, so he set out some land by Fresno, California (he simply threw a dart at a map, and it happened to land there [in reality though, this spot was selected because of the mere fact that I lived there for a decade, so I have some contempt for that place]) on what would be the first Kimeloff amusement park (now called Kimeloff Valley). Later on, Kimeloff bought up land by Hunter's Point, San Francisco (which was formerly owned by MARF who initially planned building a resort there before going forward with Orlando) to develop the second Kimeloff park.

Just a reminder: this chain is not meant to be realistic, nor is it meant to be good. It is intentionally horrid for laughs, read (repeat: read, not just look at) these updates with a sense of humor.

And on that note, let's leave it off to Kimeloff himself, on location, at Kimeloff Bay in San Francisco, California:

Sindoa Kimeloff

Developer

Greetings from lovely San Francisco! The weather here is quite a change from the dry and hot Central Valley. Come to think of it, I like it here.

Now... we originally planned to build just another general amusement park on this land. However, due to MARF's abandonment of the area, the city had desperate deemed the area as a 'Urban Renewal' zone, and rejected our initial plans until we landed on a compromise - a resort. So, in essence, Kimeloff bay will be our first "themed" park.

Now then, let's take a look with what we have so far. Pleas keep in mind that all pictures show works in progress, and that it might have been perfected by now.

First off, the entry walkway - filled with shops and restaurants (ugh... I'm being disgusted by the MARFness of this):

Beyond that, one would see this hub, where one can choose to enter one of three areas:

To the left is the Bayside Boardwalk, themed to Amusement Parks of the 1920s:

Next to it is this swinging coaster I'll give you a guess as to what the area themed to:

And that should do it. I shall see you next time. Until then, - ...

um... see you in the Valley?

Kimeloff out!

------

Seriously, this Kimeloff character is... eh... I'll save it for the next update.