TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

RCT2 La Ronde Recreation

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! My first time on TPR, and first park, although admittedly I need to make some huge design leaps, such as creating track designs, finding ways to make a good park without 8 cars, making the actual scenario, etc. Also, can anyone help me with Le Vampire? Batman has been my mortal enemy for ever in his coaster form

So, I'm staring up my Scenario editor, and I wondered, should this be a timeline park? I'm a little fuzzy on the history, but starting in the 60's could be good, I would know what was going through the park managers' minds. Building it in present though, could be good as I live half a mile away. Any suggestions?

I am not sure where the first post went.

It may have something to do with the posting rules, I bumped that topic again in the hopes that EVERYONE will READ it!

I would hate for any of the new members here at TPR to have their topics locked up or removed but this site does have rules for posting and starting new topics. Unfortunately this topic violated #3. I was hopping when I saw it the other day some screenshots would pop up right away but that has not happened. Now the first post is gone and somehow it has gone from MeMeMe's topic to djbrcace1234's topic.

3.) Do NOT start a thread for a park if you only have one screenshot, or just a Photoshoped logo. We want quality posts and threads. Get your park, or track, started and moving along before you need to make an announcement. A video of your park will suffice, as those take time to put together and edit.

Sorry that it isn't moving along as expected, because my new computer has yet to download RCT2 but I promise by the weekend I will post about the progress. Expect to see a post every time there are screenshots. One small tidbit - Nobody posted about starting in Expo 67, so the park will be up-to-date, that is, teacups are gone, Ednor is built, insane ticket prices are insane, etc. Am already gathering information on rides. Sorry I did little planning ahead - I was overexcited about posting a new thread. Next update will most likely be screenshots!

Keep in mind that just because you are going to do a current version of the park doesn't mean you can't add in a little fantasy in places. Some times it's better just to get the current feel of a park with most of it's major attractions in place but still have sections that tend to go back in time a few years. So don't necessarily keep the Tea Cups out. If they were removed to make room for a current ride there is nothing wrong with just moving them to a new location. After all it will be "YOUR" version of the current park and you can have it your way.

Looking forward to seeing how this all starts. Don't go being a hurry though. Quality over quantity always!

I'd Include the teacups but Ednor is right above them, it would be impossible. But whatever... maybe the kiddie section will be different, Goliath better, a racing Le Monstre, etc. No real limit when it comes to making a park, real or not!

Finally, progress has started on La Ronde ... Some screenshots to show you where everything is:

SCR1.BMP

Area where Le Vampire and Le Cobra will be

SCR2.BMP

An empty Lac aux Dauphins, just waiting to be filled!

SCR3.BMP

Area for Le Monstre, the tallest double-tracked woodie in the world

SCR4.BMP

Tiny place to squeeze Toboggan Nordique in

SCR5.BMP

A hill to put Ribambelle, the kids' country on

SCR6.BMP

In this shot, Ednor - L'Attaque will be fitted. Dragon's lot is also visible

SCR7.BMP

The as of yet unfinished back entrance/exit themed like the Medieval Village it opens into

SCR8.BMP

The parking lot Goliath rumbles over at the tip of Ile Ste-Helene

SCR9.BMP

Just to clarify - the section is not actually Vekomaland, nor are there too many; just 2, Le Boomerang and Le Super-Manege

Sorry; My first ever posted park, not just on TPR, was badly planned. Besides, it's just a concept - I was considering scrapping this anyway to start a fantasy park. Maybe suggestions could be helpful; after all, I'm already planning the fantasy one. Please help me decide!

Besides, it's just a concept - I was considering scrapping this anyway to start a fantasy park.

This is precisely why we have the rule about posting content with your thread. Too many of these threads existed.

Think, plan, create. Then post.

Thank you, now I know

Well, I've started work on a fantasy park instead; next thread with my name on it will probably be it. I'll eventually decide which one is better - La Ronde or my planned "Six Flags Ontario" park. I won't be able to post much for about 2 weeks; I don't spend my weekdays posting much, and next weekend is a trip to a Cedar Fair park, Canada's Wonderland... Kinda ironic, what with the Six Flags theme I'm starting to elaborate on. Oh well, maybe there will be inspirations. Until then, I'm out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've gained several things here at TPR over the past few months: CS, Trainers, and most importantly experience. That's why I'm considering restarting the recreation. I won't start just yet; I can't go to the park until April, and internships for 13 year olds are generally frowned upon. However, with a little luck and a lot of hacking, I might pull this off. If all goes well, I might join NE and aim to win something over there. I need your opinions: Make the park or Kill the park?

• 4 years later...

Hey guys from five years ago,

So I've been a lot less active on TPR since I made this thread, but I've gotten significantly better at playing this game, and gotten myself a decent amount of CSO. I'm thinking of reviving this recreation, possibly (hopefully) with some help (especially in 8cars etc.). The major differences: a) I'm no longer 13, b) I plan to make this adaptation realistic and c) I'm better organized in my parkmaking. That having been said, I have two questions for you guys.

The park, from the tip of the island (Goliath's out-and-back portion) down to the bridge, measures about 3794 by 2116 feet, which is 362 by 202 tiles.

1091019298_LaRonde.thumb.jpg.64dc0d62aa2a76a7bf5b10317da1f07c.jpg

Should I axe all or part of Goliath to fit the park on the map, or build two maps, to include the bridge but separate Goliath from the park and break the monorail's circuit? Additionally, I could build the park as it was before Goliath and that godawful SLC were built.

Also, the area around Le Monstre is at about a 45° angle to the rest of the park.

525905786_LeMonstre.thumb.jpg.7e97e3cb05b839ca4dd1385af8199fc1.jpg

How should I build it? Is there a hack to have a functional diagonal station?

How should I build it? Is there a hack to have a functional diagonal station?

I highly doubt it, since not only would the station itself have to be hacked, the entrances and exits would also need to be hacked to allow peeps to enter them and somehow get onto the ride diagonally. New sprites would need to be imported for all that. But I'm no expert, I could be wrong! It would be awesome if such a thing exists.