TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Waterworld, Colorado

One of North America's largest water parks. This place is huge. Dozens of Slides, a Skyride, themed indoor slides, two wave pools, two lazy rivers, and 3 kids areas. The 3 big slides (Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Storm, Lost River of the Phoroahs) put this park into a unique catagory, are all indoors and very well themed. If you are in the Denver area this park is worth the visit.

All important park map.

Entry Village.

Wave pools.

Skyride.

The big three. Not a lot of photos since the slides are all indoors.

And last but not least, a huge amount of slides and other attractions.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by ragerunner

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang! Did you get a chance to try the right slide of those two white speed slides? It looks like you could get a nice pop of air on that little drop in the middle.

And thanks for sharing these great photos! This looks like a neat water park.

This place does look great. Thank you very much for sharing your photos. There looks to be a lot of things to do, and the place looked absolutely dead! When did you visit?

They also use RFID bands and cards at this place, correct?

It was a weekday and I took most of the pics when the park was closing. It was a lot business earlier in the day. With that said, the crowds were nothing like a weekend or holiday time. I know around the 4th they hit 11,000 on one of the days. That is a lot for a waterpark.

RFID bands. Yes, I believe so.

Dang! Did you get a chance to try the right slide of those two white speed slides? It looks like you could get a nice pop of air on that little drop in the middle.

And thanks for sharing these great photos! This looks like a neat water park.

Yes,

The speed slide with the extra little hump starts slow but really gives a nice pop on the final hill.

Not sure you knew this, but the cable car/tram system came from right here in Las Vegas. It was originally built with Grand Slam Canyon (now The Adventurdome). Seems like the only difference now is that they've removed the glass from the cars.

Thanks for the info. The cable car system always seemed very business and a good way to get up the hill from one side of the park to the other.

That place looks awesome, I see water parks like this and it really makes me wonder why Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon consistently get rated in the top 5 waterparks every year and these places get no mention. That park looks way better, so does Noah's Ark, and White Water Atlanta, and Wet N Wild.

That place looks awesome, I see water parks like this and it really makes me wonder why Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon consistently get rated in the top 5 waterparks every year and these places get no mention. That park looks way better, so does Noah's Ark, and White Water Atlanta, and Wet N Wild.

It actually does reach the top 10 lists, but normally around #7 or 6.

WOW this place looks awesome! I LOVE water parks so much! Wish we had huge water parks like that here in MD. No, we are stuck with Six Flags America small water park with blah rides.

It really is a great waterpark. I have been to Disney waterparks, Splash'n Safari, and many others. But, this park really is top notch. You could easily spend a day and half or two without any problems.

Journey to the Center of the Earth-This slide has animatronic dinosaurs, including a big t-rex. It also the typical tropical themeing with palm trees (inside the ride), steaming mountains (I think) and waterfalls. I guess the best way to describe it would be like the Jurassic Park ride at IOA, but to a lesser extent, and in tube slide version.

Storm-Has knocked over buildings and telephone poles. Inside the ride, there are strobe lights and water! This one, in my opinion, is themed the least.

Pharaoh ride (Forgetting its name)- Pyramids, Sphinx, rock arches, mummies. You know, the usual Egyptian themeing.

It actually does reach the top 10 lists, but normally around #7 or 6.

I think it made it to #3 one year. I could be wrong though.

I got to go to Water World yesterday, and I was able to snag a few slide POVs. I shot some of the River Country slides, as well as Flatline, Voyage, and Lost River (I tried a Storm POV, but it was impossible to see )

Anyways, on to the footage!

PART 1: River Country/Flatline

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=WWRandom_0001_dfhu[/coastertube]

PART 2: Voyage and Lost River

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=WWB2_xywj[/coastertube]

*I apologize for whipping the camera around. I was trying to keep the camera facing forward, which is difficult on a spinning tube!

**Indoor footage is dark because, well, it was dark! You can still make out some of the scenery, but I apologize for the quality.