TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Middle America and IntimidaTOUR 2010 Trips!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the updates as always guys. I just missed you guys. Gonna head over that area over the weekend. Anyway I like the cup holder idea but I'd be really surprised if many people use it due to theft. I wouldn't pay $12 for a sports bottle just to have it get taken.

^ I dunno,

If they were getting a lot of complaints about stolen bottles I'm sure they wouldn't even use the holders. The hassle of something going to guest relations or to some random employee when a bottle get's stolen would be too much work. I think most people wouldn't steal something that a random stranger has drunk out of. I sure as hell know I wouldn't.

Looks like a lot of fun! As to the bottle holders, I'd be afraid someone would drink out of it. I mean, I hate to think people would drink out of something a total stranger has drank out of, but people are crazy. I just couldn't bring myself to drink out of it again after leaving it unattended. That's just my germaphobia coming through!

I really enjoy reading these updates and looking at the pictures, and they are just getting me more excited for the IntimidaTour. Those bottle holders are a great idea. I wish SFMM had something like that instead of requiring you to place them in lockers or letting you leave them at the edge of the station. I can't wait to see today's update from Holiday World, as well as the updates from the rest of the trip's parks.

Looks like a lot of fun! As to the bottle holders, I'd be afraid someone would drink out of it. I mean, I hate to think people would drink out of something a total stranger has drank out of, but people are crazy. I just couldn't bring myself to drink out of it again after leaving it unattended. That's just my germaphobia coming through!

Drink out of it?

Oh heck no!

I'd be scared someone would drop a roofie in my drink!

That would be A LOT worse...

It appears that Theme Park Review's today mission is to takeover... *drum rolls* HOLIDAY WORLD!

Posted on Holiday World Facebook Page:

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari: Remember our "Staff Auction" back in May to raise money for Nashville Flood Relief? The group that "bought" 9 of us is here today. Welcome, Theme Park Review!

41257_413972129537_35385539537_4783277_2898278_n.jpg.db114aa5a9828d55b223045ccaa0c890.jpg

Known for their goofy group poses, as Theme Park Review prepared for this shot for their trip report, yours truly sneakily stepped back to take a photo of our own. :0)

I had a blast meeting up with you all for Club TPR day at 6FStL Tuesday. As usual, an awesome time was had. Thank you Robb & Elissa for planning an excellent event. Also thanks to the staff at 6 Flags St. Louis for taking care of us. The walk back, ERT and lunch was fantastic!

It was great to meet up with old friends as well as shake hands with an all new group of people. Take care, and have a ball on the remainder of the Mid America trip. I look forward to catching up with you all in the future.

Thanks again Robb & Elissa. Without you two, I would still be a shivering, naked, shell of a human being, living in his parents basement, huddled up in a dark corner, only escaping every so often to roam theme park midways cold and alone, longing to share my adrenaline fueled urges with anybody. You have provided me with host of friends as well as a warm shelter where I am no longer afraid to spew my adrenaline forth unto the masses. Thank you for taking me into the TPR bosom, and allowing me to suckle upon its firm, and overflowing awesomeness!

Guy "Yup! That just about sums up how I feel!" Koepp

Great photos of SFStL. Park looks really nice. It looks like they are keeping up with the park quite well. Mr. Freeze looks great inside and out. I can't wait until I can attend one of these trips with you guys!

P.S. The last time I was there in 2008, the island that Mr. Freeze is on including the queue was in very bad shape. Weeds everywhere, broken lights, etc. Hope along with the coaster improvements they've cleaned up a lot of the surroundings. Any pics?

I had a blast meeting up with you all for Club TPR day at 6FStL Tuesday. As usual, an awesome time was had. Thank you Robb & Elissa for planning an excellent event. Also thanks to the staff at 6 Flags St. Louis for taking care of us. The walk back, ERT and lunch was fantastic!

It was great to meet up with old friends as well as shake hands with an all new group of people. Take care, and have a ball on the remainder of the Mid America trip. I look forward to catching up with you all in the future.

Thanks again Robb & Elissa. Without you two, I would still be a shivering, naked, shell of a human being, living in his parents basement, huddled up in a dark corner, only escaping every so often to roam theme park midways cold and alone, longing to share my adrenaline fueled urges with anybody. You have provided me with host of friends as well as a warm shelter where I am no longer afraid to spew my adrenaline forth unto the masses. Thank you for taking me into the TPR bosom, and allowing me to suckle upon its firm, and overflowing awesomeness!

Guy "Yup! That just about sums up how I feel!" Koepp

What Guy said!!

Had a blast meeting up with everyone and seeing old friends and making some new ones.

Weather could have been a little warmer!

-daron

"This coaster would be soooo much better with stand up trains!"

Hahaha! Horrible joke. Didn't it kill someone as "Rail Blazer?" Or did they take the stand up trains off for a different reason?

When it first opened the Mine Train had two tracks which were identical. They then changed one side to a "stand-up" train system. Someone was killed and they then took that side out. That track is currently at Dollywood (someone correct me if I am wrong) and runs as a normal mine train.

^Actually it was relocated quite some time ago (1998) to open at Magic Springs as Big Bad John (2002). It was one of the very first stand ups in North America, I believe it was the second after the EXT at Wof. But they both opened and then later were modified to run as standups. But because the rides weren't designed to handle the trains, the original trains returned the year after for both. One person died on River King, but the ride didn't close until 1987. Does anyone know who made the standup trains?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: ^Beat me to it!

Those photos from SFStL were awesome and they brought back a lot of memories from my visit back in June. I love that park. I'm jealous you got to get up close and personal with Mr. Freeze. That ride is awesome!

The souvenir drink holder is a great idea and must be something brand new as I don't recall seeing them when I was there. Like the sign says, leave at your own risk.