TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Navigation Advice

I'm going to be headed to my 3rd ever trip to Cedar Point on this upcoming Monday, and somethings really bugging me.

Both times at I've been to Cedar Point, I've done what everybody does; go to Raptor, then Blue Streak, Corkscrew, Iron Dragon, Mantis, blah blah blah, up the whole park.

Last time I visited, I was itching to ride Maverick, but by the time I got to that area, I had about an hour to go, and the wait was 3 HOURS!!! I instead rode MF, which was great, but I had ridden before, and I wanted a Maverick credit. So I'm wondering, if I dash to the BACK of the park (I'll be at the park around opening time; 10 o'clock), will that affect my wait times? I know I've seen Raptor with like 20 minute lines near the end of the day, but I'm wondering, will I get overall better wait times throughout the whole day, for the majority of rides, or will it just be a first-ride thing-then-huge-lines-again type of situation?

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Park in the Soak City lot and enter the park through the Magnum gate. Go to Dragster first (if its open on time) otherwise go to Maverick. Maverick will have a line due to the early entry, but it is not going to get any shorter more than likely. Also during this time there will be no line for Magmum or Gemini (though it will more than likely only be running one side). Millennium Force is also another good option to go to first, also coming in through the Magnum gate. Hold off on Raptor til later in the day when the line goes down since EVERYONE goes to that first. Those are my tips! I NEVER park in the front lot anymore, LOVE that back lot!

Park in the Soak City lot and enter the park through the Magnum gate. Go to Dragster first (if its open on time) otherwise go to Maverick. Maverick will have a line due to the early entry, but it is not going to get any shorter more than likely. Also during this time there will be no line for Magmum or Gemini (though it will more than likely only be running one side). Millennium Force is also another good option to go to first, also coming in through the Magnum gate. Hold off on Raptor til later in the day when the line goes down since EVERYONE goes to that first. Those are my tips! I NEVER park in the front lot anymore, LOVE that back lot!

Ditto. Park in the back lot because it is not crowded since most people don't know it's back there. Just follow the road all the way around past famous daves and keep going until you get to Soak City. Get on Dragster, which can be a crap shoot in the morning, and then I would work your way back towards maverick, then MF and go that direction.

Great advice guys... I am making my first trip to CP tomorrow morning. I am going to try and do Millenium first (Raptor not an early entry ride according to hotel) then Raptor then top thrill...rain supposed to hit in the morning hope not...

^When I was there in May, Raptor was an early entry ride...not sure if this changed some time over the summer.

Dragster is a tough call. I'd say if it isnt testing during early entry, go ahead and hit up Maverick first. When I was there people who got in line during early entry ended up waiting the full hour of early entry, PLUS an additional hour before the ride finally opened for the day.

I NEVER park in the front lot anymore, LOVE that back lot!

Me too! I would usually hit up the back of the park first when I would enter from the front, but the back parking lot is a lot easier to maneuver and the lines to get tickets are usually pretty short.

Definitely wait and do the front of the park later in the day and the Raptor, WT and Max Air lines will usually be shorter...