TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bigger rider seeking advice on Orlando rides

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aimster...

What are your thoughts on me and the dragons/hulk? Seeing as you were there on saturday.. That guy in the msnbc clip reminds me of myself as far as look and build wonder if he was able to ride anything down there?

The seats are exactly the same, the only difference is that the double belts are a little bit longer than the single belts. The hump is in the middle on all B&M coasters. With a belly measurement of 56 you might run into trouble. At Alpengeist the signs say that "guests with chest sizes approaching 52" might have trouble getting in.

Edited by Ben Burnett

I am praying that i fit.. will know by wed which is our 2nd day down there.. first thing i am doing is beelining it to the hulk seat to try it out.. Praying that it will work out.. From what i read thought it is probably going to be a no go on alot of stuff down there but won't know till get down there.

Not much to go on, but I don't think the Hulk and Dragons will be a major issue. The restraints don't seem the major problem in my eyes, it's the seat. They are designed to hold you in and for larger people, it's tight on the butt. You gotta wedge yourself in there, at least I do.

Not much to go on, but I don't think the Hulk and Dragons will be a major issue. The restraints don't seem the major problem in my eyes, it's the seat. They are designed to hold you in and for larger people, it's tight on the butt. You gotta wedge yourself in there, at least I do.

What would help you make a better descision? Is there any more information that I could provide ?

From your experience should i just ignore the test seats then? For the guy that you were working with tonight it doesn't make sense that he could fit the front row but then not the second? they are the same seats arn't they? That is very interesting then..

I will say this, I'm 5'9 and weigh 255. I could NOT fit on the dueling dragons nor could I fit on the harry potter ride. It was very dishearting, and I'm thinking filling a class action law suit.

Why would you file a lawsuit? Not understanding how you were wronged?

I will say this, I'm 5'9 and weigh 255. I could NOT fit on the dueling dragons nor could I fit on the harry potter ride. It was very dishearting, and I'm thinking filling a class action law suit.

No offense, but your kind of like the lady who sued HHN for causing her mental anguish cause she was scared. Certain rides dont accomidate to certain people of certain body dimensions, and that must be accepted by anyone as it is a safety issue. You suing will do nothing for anyone because A You wont win and B you still wont be able to get on the rides. Chill out dude, is two rides really worth getting this worked up over. Islands of Adventure has many other fun attractions, have fun and ride what you can instead of complaining about what you cant. Sorry if I am coming off sounding mean, but dont sue the park or manufacturer(s) for something they have no control over.

Edited by the ghost

I will say this, I'm 5'9 and weigh 255. I could NOT fit on the dueling dragons nor could I fit on the harry potter ride. It was very dishearting,and I'm thinking filling a class action law suit.

Good luck with that bud. Not to be mean, however: 1) Obviously there would be no way to ergonomically design everything for every body-type. EX: cars, airplane seats, even keyboards and buttons on devices,etc... are all modeled after an "average user".

2) Obesity is a serious epidemic, especially in children. There is no reason to reward people for something so crucially life-threatening. If you question the fact that you are obese, I remind you, you can't fit in seats that the majority of people can.

I for one, am on the small side, I'm not tall enough to drive a 1-ton truck safely, I get tossed around on roller coasters because I don't fit tightly, and can't palm a basketball, let-alone slam dunk. Do these factors merit a law-suit as well?

Take notice to the gentleman who couldn't fit on Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey, He took it as motivation to LOSE WEIGHT.

In addition, this was you're only post, no need to take you seriously anyways.

Post of the year!!!

I really hope you are 1. serious, and 2. real (ie, not Wes)

Stay on topic!! Stay on topic!!

That being said.. ya you filing class action lawsuit is only going to hurt you and not help the situation as other people in this thread have stated. Well from what i heard if you can't fit those two rides you can pretty much kiss IOA goodbye as there is not much on that side to do.

Yes i did.. unfortunately i think the best ride in orlando was the manta.. The themeing for that ride is just incredible. What rides do you guys like down there? The hulk type restraints were really tight and barely fit i mean got the belt buckled but that was about it.

Post of the year!!!

I really hope you are 1. serious, and 2. real (ie, not Wes)

Maybe his class action suit is against fast food companies, he never said it was against Universal.

^^ Hehehehe!!

You know, there is an alternative to a class action suit. There's a guy in Orlando who is a big Potter fan, but he was too big to ride. You know what he did? He put himself on a diet to lose weight so he can eventually fit and ride! I say MAJOR KUDOS to him instead of taking the "easy" way out (suing). I hope this guy accomplishes his goal too.