TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bigger rider seeking advice on Orlando rides

Hello,

I am a bigger rider that is heading to orlando florida this next week and am wondering about the coasters down there.

I am 330 and 6' 3' wear size 54 pants i do believe. Which coasters in universal have the " Big-Boy" seats?

Do you think i will have any problems with manta and sea world florida?

If you need any more information about my build please message this thread. Most of the weight is belly and legs so i know it is going to be problamatic.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a 54" waist I really doubt you'll fit into any of the B&Ms. I've even seen smaller people than your size not fit into ShieKra's big boy seats.

I'm not trying to be mean when I say this, but don't expect to fit on too many coasters in Orlando.

--Robb

Do you have experience with manta? Also f i don't "fit the test seat" BUT am close will i fit the bigger big boy seats? From what i have read dragons is "third gen" So the seats are bigger then raptor and also have the seats. When i come back will have to let you guys know my experiences.

^The B&M Flyers seem to be the most accomodating for larger riders of all the B&M's. If you can fit in a big boy seat you SHOULDN'T have a problem on a B&M Flyer.

All this being said, every body shape and type is different so do please report back to us and let us know how it goes.

I will definetly do that.. the only two rides there that i want to ride are the dragons and manta.

Oh and i checked the waist size on the pants again.. waist size of 50. so maybe there is hope?

Aside from the extra belt there isn't a noticable difference between big boy seats & regular ones...at least not on Dominator.

On the B&Ms it's not the waist you need to worry about as much as it is the gut and shoulders. I have two larger friends of similar weight, but shaped quite differently. One is usually fine on B&M rides, but not Intamin (smaller chest/gut, larger waist [48"-50"], can't buckle the belt), and the other is the opposite, can't do B&Ms (larger chest stops the restraint from going down enough), but somehow can get on every Intamin he's tried so far. Both can ride the flyers just fine though, so Manta is probably of less concern.

KDCOASTERFAN - The belts are a little longer than a half an inch longer.

I don't know about any non-B&Ms but you should be good. Also, at BGW the seat belts on Alpengeist are a little shorter than on Griffon so not sure if that applies between different B&Ms in Orlando. adeuce02 is correct however in that it depends on who is putting you in. Some team members refuse to squeeze people into seats while it is just harder for other team members to do so.

Edited by Ben Burnett

The other problem is that sometimes the belts on the same train can be different lengths. Batman at Great Adventure doesn't have larger seats but I can buckle the test seat without any help and can buckle some seats on the train without help, other seats on the same train the op has to help.

My Brother is a pretty large individual, 5'11 6'0 ish and around if well not over 300 pounds. He doesn't fit into any of the B&M's anywhere but as far as Orlando goes he fits into everything at Disney. Everest, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Test Track (I know its not a coaster) are all very accommodating for larger riders. When I used to work at Everest I don't recall ever having to turn away anyone for being to large to ride, which is great in my opinion.

But as far as the B&M's go, like every one else has said, it really depends on your body size and type. Knowing my brothers size and shape and comparing him to your pic I would say you should probably be okay on Manta (he didn't fit on Manta but is much larger around the middle than you), but the Hulk and Dragons will be real tight squeeze.

And forget about Rip Ride Rockit, I'm 6'2 245 in decent shape and barley fit on Rockit, those restraints are just kinda akward and not very accommodating to larger riders.

Good Luck!

***Also, dont know if anyone else mentioned this but most every major ride in Orlando (I know Dragons, Hulk, and Rockit do) will have a test seat out front with the Modified harness to try out before getting in line. Try those out before you get in line!

Have someone in your group helping you to staple you in while the park operators (at least @ Universal) are not allowed to "staple" people in. On the past UK/Europe trip "air" (B&M flyer) was the most accommodating B&M around. On all B&M suspended en sit-down coasters I needed to use the "big -boy" seat.

I just barely fit in B&M big boy seats. For reference; I weigh 290 pound and am 6.10 feet long, my jeans size is W38.

Good luck @ Orlando and have fun!

Thank you guys for all of your help.. I am really hoping that I will fit some of the rides down there. The only ones that i will be really dissapointed about missing out on will be dragon's and mummy and manta. So far i have heard manta should be a go.. Dragon's will be close?

Have someone in your group helping you to staple you in while the park operators (at least @ Universal) are not allowed to "staple" people in. On the past UK/Europe trip "air" (B&M flyer) was the most accommodating B&M around.

I was about to mention that if you travel with a friend, get in the seat first and have your friend try to staple you in. I had a lot of fun "helping" staple Erik in a coaster.

What has been the bigest thing preventing hulk / dragon riders from riding?

Anyone perusing this thread been on the flyers?

did some measurments

belly is 56 inches round.

upper legs are 25.5 inches round.

waist 51 inches.

In Universal, I don't know about Dragon Challenge, but I know that the Hulk has some "big boy" seats towards the middle

Dragon Challenge has them as well... rows 3 and 6 I believe from the signs I saw last weekend. And I think those are the same rows with the "modified seats" for Hulk as well.

In Universal, I don't know about Dragon Challenge, but I know that the Hulk has some "big boy" seats towards the middle

Dragon Challenge has them as well... rows 3 and 6 I believe from the signs I saw last weekend. And I think those are the same rows with the "modified seats" for Hulk as well.

Yup.. as far as i can tell that is the case. I am just wondering if i am going to be to big to even fit in the "modified" seats... Doubt that i will fit the normal ones.

Well, worst that can happen is you can try and if you can't then you know.

When I was at Islands of Adventure on Saturday, I saw a big guy try out one of the test seats for Harry Potter. The employee had to struggle a bit to get the restraint to lock, but she eventually got it to without any discomfort from him and they allowed the guy to ride.