TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Texas Six Flags to visit?

DandAyr

Due to flight availability, I find myself with a spare Saturday at the end of a business trip to Houston.

I have been to Kemah (though it was before the Bullet) and thought there must be another theme park to visit on this day.

If I follow right, there is a choice of two Six Flags parks - San Antonio or near Dallas.

Which one would people recommend and why that one. I assume that is my only choice within 3hrs of Houston?

Thanks in advance for advise on this.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^While it is possible to drive from Houston to Arlington in three hours, they are 250 miles apart.

While I'm not advocating driving 85 MPH, but I've seen a lot of people driving much faster on Texas Interstates.

^They're both real nice parks, you won't be disappointed with whichever one you choose.

If you want any better suggestions perhaps let us know some of the rides you like.

I am easy pleased - I like variety.

Wood tends to be in my favourite coasters: Blackpool collection, Balder, Troy, GA Scream Machine (1974- got me hooked on thrills!), Robin Hood, Tonnerre de Zeus

but steel is also in there: Goliath (Walibi World), RocknRoller (FL +Paris), SM Paris, all at Europa Park, BTM Paris, Lisebergbanen

Parks wise: Disney, Europa, Liseberg, Pleasure Beech I preferred BGE to IOA

I enjoy flats that swing, that spin, that shoot, but avoid those that twist and rotate and flip all in the one ride.

Wood tends to be in my favourite coasters: Blackpool collection, Balder, Troy, GA Scream Machine (1974- got me hooked on thrills!), Robin Hood, Tonnerre de Zeus

You won't really find a good wooden coaster at either Texas Six Flags.

Although I'd probably give the edge to SFoT by default due to Rattler at SFFT being complete garbage.

I would definitely say the drive to San Antonio is not as far as the drive to Arlington. You'll probably save yourself driving about 50-75 miles if you go to San Antonio over Arlington give or take where you're driving from. I would say going to SFFT is going to be the better bet for you. I'd say the rides are quite nice at SFFT and the scenery is very nice.

I'd say go to Knoebels because it's damn hot down here right now! LOL But seriously, SFOT would probably be my choice just because it has more rides and one of them is Titan, which is an amazing coaster. SFFT does have a nice location though and would not be a bad choice.

Though the mileage to SFFT is less, since you have to drive through San Antonio (not the most enjoyable experience) the drive to either park is pretty much the exact same in terms of time. Like has been said already, it really depends on what types of rides you want. Look at what's available at both parks and head that way. Whatever you choose it's a win-win decision.

I ended up in our Austin office on the Friday - so SFFT was the decsion on sat 14th.

Yes it was hot ! 104 was only 36 higher than back home.

Someone said SFFT while got the chance to do Rattler - well only just had the chance. Got beaten up by it in the morning and later whle on the Road Runner Express noticed a train stationary on the lift hill. When I left the park at 6pm it was still a dead coaster.

Will do a posting on the main forum - a wee photo trip report.

Thanks again to thise who shared their thoughts on which to go to.