TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New 2011: Rainbow Magicland Themepark (near Rome - Italy)

Ledgy

Looking forward to visit this park.

On the second picture (the overview picture), is that a parkhotel ? When will that open ?

If you mean the satellite picture and the place below the park, it's just the FACTORY OUTLET which is there, too.

Look here

I didn't find a hotel near the park until know. I plan my visit in Rome and drive by car or maybe by train or bus. Still need to find mor informations about that.

Perhaps one of our Italian members can help us with more information or hints?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely NOT sure if it*s a good idea to let a spider that huge take place on a ride...some people, especially Children, could be scared...at least it*s not black

(Me, I*m afraid of spiders, too, and I*m a little afraid of that one, to be honest...yeah, I guess I*m a pussy when it comes to spiders... )

Greeds...GeorgeT

Hey! And they launched a Promo Trailer with the "famous" WINX CLUB Characters!

Don´t ask me what they´re talking about. To judge from the pictures and what they say, the park might be "fantastico" and has many flower power, pink, heart stuff

It isn't park's official Promo Trailer. However I will traslate what they're talking about:

"Something magical is going to happen... Come and discover the fantastic new theme park in Rome: Rainbow MagicLand!Where magic becomes reality! Rainbow MagicLand, from spring 2011!!"

This is "Gattobaleno"!!

Park's tickets:

Entire: 35€

Reduced: 28€

Perhaps one of our Italian members can help us with more information or hints?

Park web-site.

Park is located in Valmontone near Rome (30/40 km). You can come in Rome by plane (Leonardo Da Vinci airport: Fiumicino) and go to Rome with "Leonardo Express". You arrive to Termini Station in Rome. Here, you can go to Valmontone with "Roma-Cassino railway" and in about 30/40 min. you arrive to Valmontone's Station. You can stay in a Valmontone's hotel. Otherwise you can stay in Rome and go to the park with the same train (Roma-Cassino). HERE a map.

If you go by car, you can stay in Rome or in Valmontone. From Rome in about 30/40 min. you arrive in Valmontone.

With Milan-Naples highway, exit in Valmontone.

By train you arrive to Tiburtina Station or Termini Station (in Rome). If you arrive to Tiburtina, you can go to Termini by subway (Line B) to Termini. Here you go to Valmontone by Roma-Cassino railway.

I have confused your ideas!

However, transport to the park will have a reorganization to facilitate travel; so don't worry.

Sorry for bad english!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It appears as if the Vekoma Rollerskater is going to use the new train type that first appeared on Ben 10: Ultimate Mission this year. Seems that is going to be the standard issue train from now on...

This park is looking great! Shock: The Steam Machine is definitely going to be a great ride! The other attraction I'm looking forward to in particular is the indoor spinning coaster. Can anyone tell me what it's themed too? I couldn't quite figure out what is was....

The other attraction I'm looking forward to in particular is the indoor spinning coaster. Can anyone tell me what it's themed too? I couldn't quite figure out what is was....

I saw "Cagliostro" in the name, and it looks to be housed in some kind of weird castle, which makes me think it could be themed to Count Alessandro di Cagliostro and/or The Castle of Cagliostro. In terms of the actual ride, probably some mysterious occult magic, hidden passageways, traps, etc. That's just speculation on my part though. I am interested to see what they do with it, since it looks like it might be a more effects and story driven ride.

That inversion thing after the hill looks weird... 2011 is the year for weird inversions:

Messed Up Non Inverting Loop @ Rainbow Magicland

Dog Tongue (Banana Roll) @ Fuji Queue

Really Loose Barrel Roll @ Gardaland

Messed Up Zero G @ World Joyland

AAARRRGGGHHH

You know it's A: not an inversion and B on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, right? It's still a unique element, but it's been done before.

^ Looks kinda meh IMO, but will likely be fun with some theming and stuff.

Damn... I like EVERYTHING about this place... in fact I will go so far as to say that in terms of parks being built that this is the most impressive park I've seen in a VERY long time... possibly the most impressive park(in terms of theming) since disneysea which opened in 2001!

^^ Hmmm, seriously, i don't see why they did not make it more compact, it seems a bit streched out considering being in a big building.

Judging from what I've seen in the rest of the park, this building will be completely filled with Disney/Universal grade theming.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks like for the 2012 season Rainbow Magicland will work on fixing a lot of the kinks from the first season.

TheParks.it has posted an update about a whole bunch of changes coming to Rainbow Magicland in 2012. For starters, the park will add a new Splash Battle type attraction, possibly called Battleship, which will be added into the central lake. They are also planning a new 2000 seat venue for a new stunt show. A new musical show is also planned.

Many changes are reported to be in the works for the existing attractions to improve the guest experience. According to the report, Shock (Maurer X-Car) will undergo some kind of change to increase capacity, Drakkar (Rapids) will increase throughput by some kind of change to the load platform, Yucatan (Spillwater) may increase the number of boats and Huntik (dark ride) was reported to be change “the path” of the ride somehow. Cagliostro (Maurer Spinning Coaster) will redesign the station entirely and Bomborun may add a new train.

Link

Full Article

Great to see the park not only expanding with a new ride, but doing a lot of work to improve capacity and guest experiences.

• 1 year later...