TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carlsbad Gardens [RCT2]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeforce is finally here, setting the record for the number inversions in a coaster, 12 heart stopping manuvers!

Pics:

SCR97.BMP

This ride is HUGE!

SCR98.BMP

The pre-launch area...

SCR99.BMP

Into Pangea!

SCR100.BMP

Out into the old school B&M section, Egypt!

SCR101.BMP

Take the egyptromanthing Tunnel!

SCR102.BMP

The well themed Roman Section.

SCR103.BMP

A first from B&M, the figure 8 drop!

Stay tuned later tonight I will post the rest of the pictures, the space finale! So Stay Tuned!

Due to lack of time, Carlsbad Gardens will be delayed for a while. If someone tells me how to post a download I will...Once I get some time I will finish Carlsbad Gardens but it could be a long while. I also may not be on TPR at all for a while...

Thanks for understanding,

SoCalCoasters

Note: I have a small RCT3 CTR eurofighter I made a few months back that I may post while Carlsbad Gardens is stagnant

To see the other videos I have go to youtbe through the link in my name.

I'm liking where you're heading with Timeforce, but I think the execution could have been a little better. It almost looks like you were so excited to post the update, that you just built things. No worries, happens to me all the time. I think with a little more thought, you'll be good.

Due to lack of time, Carlsbad Gardens will be delayed for a while. If someone tells me how to post a download I will...

Note: I have a small RCT3 CTR eurofighter I made a few months back that I may post while Carlsbad Gardens is stagnant

To see the other videos I have go to youtbe through the link in my name.

All you have to do is attach it at the bottom of a post, just make sure you check mark the export plugins box in the RCT2 options menu. If the park as custom rides it would be best to include those in a folder with the park since most will not export.

Heading over to see your YouTube videos right now.

North County Times Special Report

Competition for Carlsbad Gardens?

We recently reported that a new pier/amusement park will open on the SoCal Coast next summer. The new company operating the pier will be Henderson Rides and Parks. The park, to be called Skypier Park and Amusements, is said to be opening several roller coasters and could damage profits at local amusement park, Carlsbad Gardens. We spoke to the General Manager of Carlsbad Gardens, and he did not seem to worried about the future of Carlsabd Gardens. He stated "This new atraction is most likely going to be Pacific Park sized...we are not worried whatsoever about profits being damaged and we are currently working on our biggest capital campaign to date, which will open the around the same time Skypier Park will next year." Though the General Manager seems to believe this will not damage profits, Henderson Rides and Parks believes that they will become considerably large of the next few years. Both parks seem to be confident of their success, but which one will come out on top?

Alexander K. Reports

• 4 weeks later...

WORLD OF CASTLES!

Yes it has happened folks! Carlsabd Gardens is finally been given the green light by the city to go ahead with their biggest expansion ever, taking up 1/4 of the park's land! Not many details have been released, but we do know of one major attraction!

The Gauntlet

Get ready for the duel of your life warrior! Chose your path, Dragon, or Knight!

I'm back, and this will be the final section of Carlbad Gardens...based on the hint, if your read carefully, you will be able to figure out what type(s) of coaster(s) this attraction will be...

Hint #2: Its type is having problems currently...

Can you guess the main attraction...I'll give one more hint: The company making it is in the Neverlands...if anyone can guess what ride this attraction will be based off of will get to name the area's other new coaster AND hear the story for my upcomming park, Skypier Park and Amusements.

• 3 months later...

PROJECT FINISHED, For Good

Today, I decided once and for all to finish Carlsbad Gardens; by letting YOU decide. The park is now up for Download.

Thank you to all those who supported me, mainly Djbrace, without him, I would have given up long ago. Thanks to all those who helped make this park my first ever attempt at a real RCT2 park possible...It was a great experience, and I'd hate to just leave it hanging. There is about a quarter of the land left...what can you do with it?

Thank you all.

-

742775025_CarlsbadGardensRIP.png.365b3427dbbeccf7b195a5a5b792945a.png

Thanks everyone! Please check the park out...

Carlsbad Gardens October, Year 24.SV6

Enjoy

So I gave the park a spin and I have to say it's a wonderful start. The rides looked very cool but in some spots the pacing was off (notably the dueling inverts). What I feel you should do is focus on one specific area before moving onto another. The park is entirely too spaced out, and there are long empty pathway with no rides and I feel some of the rides you have in lone locations could be moved there and reduce the park's size by nearly half. Here are some screens with my pro's and cons;

SCR220.BMP

This I feel was the strongest area. It felt the most complete and the path interaction was great.

SCR221.BMP

The turnaround for this was very cool, but my only complaint is the completely straight drop. Most GCI's have twisted, banked drops and it looks like you could have incorporated that into the turnaround. Check out this photo of Apocalypse at Six Flags Magic Mountain; http://rcdb.com/4173.htm?p=23243 . It would have looked even better if you did something similar! Being creative with GCI drops is always fun.

SCR222.BMP

This invert, while good eye candy, really had poor pacing throughout the corkscrews and some of the overbanked turns. It looks great I have to admit, it really fits into it's compact area well. But for some people that'll see this, the pacing might ruin the effect. It's usually best to pay attention to how the coaster rides over how it looks, at least in my opinion....though a coaster like this one that looks so good could make an exception!

SCR223.BMP

This is an example of the park being to spread out. The dueling invert could have fit nicely along this pathway, along with some of the other coasters. You would have eliminated entire section in the back corner and decreased the amount of unused land inside the park's borders.

I hope this helps as it's a superb start. I'm sorry in advance if I come off as a little too harsh, I just wanted to share my opinion and I seemed to have focused on the negatives over the positives. But really, keep up the good work and I look forward to future projects!

-Braztaz

Thank you to all those who supported me, mainly Djbrace, without him, I would have given up long ago.

I'm flattered. And I actually agree with everything Braz said. I was working on a similar compare and contrast post, but clearly he beat me to it. It was cute, and it was nice for a first park.

• 6 months later...

I just thought I'd post in here since this was my first TPR project, and it's been a little over a year since I started the project. I've been playing a lot of RCT2 lately, and there is the possibility that I could start the park over, completely new.

Would anyone be interested in seeing my improved skills in action?